Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    rrivers wrote:
    I feel the same way. I think it was LikeanOcean who compared it to Star Wars where they explained the force and it was lame. This was a good point that I meant to mention in a previous post. I do agree that explaining everything could have been very lame. But pjl44 makes good points that way too much was left out there and the frustrating thing for me is that I feel like Cuse and Lindelof didn't even try to come up with answers.
    talk about hitting the lotto! the writers were in such a rare and fortunate spot where doing as little as possible was most beneficial... when the majority of the fans watch the show to play detective why make anyone feel dumb for guessing incorrectly? just go back to the character development (which hasn't really been central since season 1) and leave people feeling warm and fuzzy... those against warm and fuzzy feelings can continue debating and creating fan fiction... from a PR standpoint the finale was actually GENIUS! doesn't really alienate anyone... not bad, not mind-blowing

something nice to say finally :mrgreen:

I know, the finale felt like an episode of Full House with all the hugging.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    and WHAT does electromagnetism have anything to do with all this?? just an attempt at adding another sci-fi element? it doesnt seem like jack was any worse off after pluggin up the whole than desmond was... maybe if widmore wasnt so conveniently and thoughtlessly killed off that wouldve been explained

Just more of the writers throwing random things in that don't ever have to be explained. Unplugging a hole of light and then, for the final act....wait for it, plugging the hole again! How exciting!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    Did everyone watch the Jimmy Kimmel LOST special last night? Maybe the fans that aren't happy with the actual ending will be happy with these alternate endings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKyjeRodd4

The "where are they now" clip was also hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoT2GqElfWU

The softer side of LOST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQDPU2dFMbU

And I have to see Josh Holloway's new movie :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSEcANGlv08
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,521
    always people talk alot,for noumero 1!! the best!!!keep on!!!
    what a great show!!!!whhoooooooooohhoooooo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Just like people on the boards are having a Pearl Jam post-tour depression, I'm having a LOST depression and can't believe it's over. It's crazy how attached and addicted to this show I was. Time to pre-order the series boxset.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    and WHAT does electromagnetism have anything to do with all this?? just an attempt at adding another sci-fi element? it doesnt seem like jack was any worse off after pluggin up the whole than desmond was... maybe if widmore wasnt so conveniently and thoughtlessly killed off that wouldve been explained
    My Interpretation of that was that only Desmond and the "keeper" of the island could deal with being down there.

I just liked the multi-religious ending actually. It made it point of showing that a specific Religion doesn't matter, it's all about becoming at peace with yourself to make it to the "otherside"
    NERDS!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,582
    edited May 2010
    wasn't the real question why were they on the island? and wasn't that answered? so why are people upset?
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    igotid88 wrote:
    wasn't the real question why were they on the island? and wan't that answered? so why are people upset?

You are right. They did answer it. I'm not upset.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    it should be noted that the 24 finale, while exactly like every other episode of 24, was much cooler :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Personally, I'm not upset because it still let's my imagination run wild. If they did give an explanation, and I didn't like it, I would have been really dissapointed.

As others have mentioned, I do wish they did more backstory on the others, especially widmore. But, I do feel as though the story will eventually continue in other forms, whether books, graphic novels, or video games. Something along the lines of star wars. At least I hope so.

I only really disliked one part of the finale. When Locke cuts jacks neck and he starts bleeding in the flash sideways. As we learned, the flash sideways were after the fight occured. Didn't make sense. If someone wants to enlighten me go ahead
    igotid88 wrote:
    wasn't the real question why were they on the island? and wan't that answered? so why are people upset?
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    it should be noted that the 24 finale, while exactly like every other episode of 24, was much cooler :lol:

I would have to disagree. I thought the 24 finale was horrible and boring. I really like 24, but they should have ended that show last season.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    robbyblaylockrobbyblaylock Posts: 428
    great article here:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20313460_20387946,00.html

anyways...i left my friends house worn out from the msg experience and maybe not up to snuff to handle something ive been so invested in. ive soent all day thinking about it. thinking about the series as a whole. the themes of science, faith, philosophy. the polar bears, time travel, hatches, dharma, the others were all tools used in a battle with jacob and mib. once mib succeeded, jack helped in a establishing the beginning of a new tale for the island. it was to stories. it was a story about our losties redeeming themselves (which they do in the last church seen) and a story about a moment in time for the island (how long? i dont know but it was the time of jacob. hurleys time is another story as is jacobs mothers).

in all, ive been content with last night. but the whole idea of the show was always for viewers to have somethign intelligent to discuss and think about. ive enjoyed that for the last 6 years.
  • Options
    it's funny, because I've been an active Lost viewer/criticizer for the last few seasons. I wanted answers, and I wasn't going to stop watching until I got them. I knew after they dedicated a whole episode so close to the series finale on nothing but Jacob and MIB that I wasn't going to get those answers. And oddly, I wasn't dissatisfied with the finale.

I think I was just happy that I knew what happened in the end, and also, that it's finally over! ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Newch91 wrote:
    Just like people on the boards are having a Pearl Jam post-tour depression, I'm having a LOST depression and can't believe it's over. It's crazy how attached and addicted to this show I was. Time to pre-order the series boxset.
    Lost fans will now have to let go. :ugeek: :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    why did Ben not go in? why was he there in the first place? he was never one of the Losties. He was their enemy. I know someone said he was waiting for Alex, but she was never mentioned in the limbo world, so that's assuming a lot I think.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    why did Ben not go in? why was he there in the first place? he was never one of the Losties. He was their enemy. I know someone said he was waiting for Alex, but she was never mentioned in the limbo world, so that's assuming a lot I think.
    I view Ben as kind of the new Richard. Whatever that means :lol:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Yeah, on the island he became the #2 guy when Hurley took over the role of protector.

Alex was in the sideways world. She was Ben's star pupil at the high school where he taught history. Danielle told him that he was the closest thing to a father that Alex had had since her real father died. Since she was so young it would be natural for Ben to have died before she did, so he was waiting for her to get there.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    I guy at my work was thinking the sideways world was Jack's own imagination and the characters were just playing out how he wanted them to play out.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,521
    Newch91 wrote:
    feel the same.. :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    I just did a mini marathon to catch up and I liked the ending but didn't at the same time. The hug fest at the end was a bit too much- IMHO. I did like the way the last episode drew the audience to the reveal of what the title LOST meant. Lost souls. Well, that's how I see it anyway.

A lot of questions left unanswered, but I'm OK with it. Overall, I thought it was a great show- a little slow in parts- sometimes boring, but intriguing all the same. I'm sad to see it go and hope something really good comes around and takes its place.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,963
    Yeah, on the island he became the #2 guy when Hurley took over the role of protector.

Alex was in the sideways world. She was Ben's star pupil at the high school where he taught history. Danielle told him that he was the closest thing to a father that Alex had had since her real father died. Since she was so young it would be natural for Ben to have died before she did, so he was waiting for her to get there.

But Ben didnt die.....if what happened on the island was the real life, ben was alive at the end with Hurley...so the pergatory is best explained as just Jacks pergatory.....and only relevant to him, Ben for me was still alive at the end so how could he be waiting for Alex?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Generally I thought season 6 was the worst season yet - and only because the writers took things so far in seasons 4 and 5 they had no real possible plausible ending available to them, they were trying to tie up the impossible to make it all work. Hence the light in the rock idea. All season I have been disappointed,

however

I too really enjoyed that last episode and after reading that plot explanation from that writer posted above a few times, a lot makes perfect sense. Yes its frustrating that they didnt make it blaringly obvious, that they left a lot to intepretation in that arty sopranosesque way, but it worked well. Now I have read and understood that I think it ties it up the best they possibly could. Regardless for the first time in weeks I exactly was able to sit and watch the episode and genuinely enjoy it for what it was without sat there wondering what was going on and chastizing the TV at how stupid they had made the whole thing.

The key to enjoying it when its all said and done was to finally understand that the island isnt real life, its not what we know is real as part of the world we live in, its a writers imagination, so although the moving the island trick, the time travel thing with a big wheel, the smoke monster, the light that is the heart of the island, the good and evil in two brothers, sure thats all absolute bollocks but i think i was missing the point for a while trying to make sense of all that, well theres no point because really you cant, and once I accepted the island for what it is it made the whole thing a hell of a lot more enjoyable..

So the ending, I also love the flash sideways dream world idea....but was it only jacks flash sideways or was it everyone who had one? I mean plenty of episodes flashed sideways without Jack being in them.

Since it finished I have tried to make sense of a few other bits and maybe people here can put me straight on them, as I'm not the kind of person to watch episodes 2 or 3 times, I watched the first seasonb 6 years ago and havent touched it since for example, so I may be missing obvious things here....

1. Is it possible the polar bear was a result of the island moving from time to time?
    2. The hatch - what exactly was the point of that given what we know now, in that the dharma people were put on the island by jacob? If the island survived by a heart that was a light what was the significance of the hatch and the button.....i may be forgetting much of the hatch story here, but the magnetism played a part i recall that and the force of the island, but if it had existed for centuries why all of a sudden a need to build the hatch?
    3. hurley seeing dead people? what was all that about? just a quirk of the island? the same can be said for the other guy who could sense where people died? any relevance or just a quirk again?
    4. So am i right in thinking only the chosen one could hurt the MIB? hence kate was firing bullets at him had no effect, yet when jack stuck one on him he drew blood? So why didnt jacob kill him himself? or was the rule that he couldnt kill his brother?
    5. Why couldnt the MIB kill any losties? but he could kill the others? another simple rule? and who made these damn rules? is it becauise the others were island people and the dharma people and the losties were brought to the island that the MIB couldnt kill them?
    6. Did Sun ever actually have the baby?, Im guessing not. but how in the scene with Jin in the hospital could she know it was a girl if the scene in the flash forward was not real? Im guessing what was on the island was real, so Sun and Jin died before it was born right? or was it born when Sun left the island for a while and left off the island? If so why in jacks pergatory world was Sun still pregnant right at the end?
    7. was the time travel significant at all, or just a packing out of a seasons story line as they had time to fill...did it really serve a purpose?
    8. Was Desmond actually important? what the hell happened to him? does he stay with Hurley or go and find Penny?
    9. why didnt Jacob age? if the island had been protected for all those years by him against MIB?
    10. Hurleys flash sideways saw him as a mental patient? was that Hurleys purgatory or jacks? whats the idea in making him a nut case in his alternate life? seeing dead people? when it wasnt real?
    11. what was the point in Mrc Echo and his brother?
    12. Why did Widmore want the island so badly?
    13. Ben is still alive at the end right? so the notion hes waiting for Alex in pergatory before going into the church, whats that about?
    14. what was the significance of the numbers sequence that was constantly brought up? just candidate numbers? if so why did the Dharma people type those in too? did jacob give them to them and if so how could he have known after trying loads of people before that the 6 from the flight were the ones he needed so far in advance to use them in the hatch?
    15. why couldnt women give birth on the island? does magnetism do that? or was it because Jacobs mum was killed?
    16. the hydrogen bomb going off - how on gods name did anything at all survive?
    17. Why didnt the people in Pergatory not recongise each other straight away? If thats the place they go to when they die, surely they would remmeber thier lives without having to touch each other?

i could be missing some points entirely but the more i think about it the more i screw it up in my head as I cant remember the smaller details from the earlier seasons....
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
  • Options

jeez, I forgot about all of that! :o
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Generally I thought season 6 was the worst season yet - and only because the writers took things so far in seasons 4 and 5 they had no real possible plausible ending available to them, they were trying to tie up the impossible to make it all work. Hence the light in the rock idea. All season I have been disappointed,

however

I too really enjoyed that last episode and after reading that plot explanation from that writer posted above a few times, a lot makes perfect sense. Yes its frustrating that they didnt make it blaringly obvious, that they left a lot to intepretation in that arty sopranosesque way, but it worked well. Now I have read and understood that I think it ties it up the best they possibly could. Regardless for the first time in weeks I exactly was able to sit and watch the episode and genuinely enjoy it for what it was without sat there wondering what was going on and chastizing the TV at how stupid they had made the whole thing.

The key to enjoying it when its all said and done was to finally understand that the island isnt real life, its not what we know is real as part of the world we live in, its a writers imagination, so although the moving the island trick, the time travel thing with a big wheel, the smoke monster, the light that is the heart of the island, the good and evil in two brothers, sure thats all absolute bollocks but i think i was missing the point for a while trying to make sense of all that, well theres no point because really you cant, and once I accepted the island for what it is it made the whole thing a hell of a lot more enjoyable..

So the ending, I also love the flash sideways dream world idea....but was it only jacks flash sideways or was it everyone who had one? I mean plenty of episodes flashed sideways without Jack being in them.

Since it finished I have tried to make sense of a few other bits and maybe people here can put me straight on them, as I'm not the kind of person to watch episodes 2 or 3 times, I watched the first seasonb 6 years ago and havent touched it since for example, so I may be missing obvious things here....

1. Is it possible the polar bear was a result of the island moving from time to time?
    2. The hatch - what exactly was the point of that given what we know now, in that the dharma people were put on the island by jacob? If the island survived by a heart that was a light what was the significance of the hatch and the button.....i may be forgetting much of the hatch story here, but the magnetism played a part i recall that and the force of the island, but if it had existed for centuries why all of a sudden a need to build the hatch?
    3. hurley seeing dead people? what was all that about? just a quirk of the island? the same can be said for the other guy who could sense where people died? any relevance or just a quirk again?
    4. So am i right in thinking only the chosen one could hurt the MIB? hence kate was firing bullets at him had no effect, yet when jack stuck one on him he drew blood? So why didnt jacob kill him himself? or was the rule that he couldnt kill his brother?
    5. Why couldnt the MIB kill any losties? but he could kill the others? another simple rule? and who made these damn rules? is it becauise the others were island people and the dharma people and the losties were brought to the island that the MIB couldnt kill them?
    6. Did Sun ever actually have the baby?, Im guessing not. but how in the scene with Jin in the hospital could she know it was a girl if the scene in the flash forward was not real? Im guessing what was on the island was real, so Sun and Jin died before it was born right? or was it born when Sun left the island for a while and left off the island? If so why in jacks pergatory world was Sun still pregnant right at the end?
    7. was the time travel significant at all, or just a packing out of a seasons story line as they had time to fill...did it really serve a purpose?
    8. Was Desmond actually important? what the hell happened to him? does he stay with Hurley or go and find Penny?
    9. why didnt Jacob age? if the island had been protected for all those years by him against MIB?
    10. Hurleys flash sideways saw him as a mental patient? was that Hurleys purgatory or jacks? whats the idea in making him a nut case in his alternate life? seeing dead people? when it wasnt real?
    13. Ben is still alive at the end right? so the notion hes waiting for Alex in pergatory before going into the church, whats that about?

i could be missing some points entirely but the more i think about it the more i screw it up in my head as I cant remember the smaller details from the earlier seasons....

1) the polar bear was never explained, but it may have had something to do with the scene years ago with scientists in the arctic or something.
    2) I think the hatch was built to bring the plane down so the Losties would in fact get to the island as Jacob had wanted them to.
    3) I think Hurley seeing dead people was all about him being "special", which was my clue that he would end up as the new Jacob. Miles was a medium in the real world, not just on the island.
    4) no one could hurt MIB until that cork was pulled, then all of a sudden Jack drawing blood on MIB happened after he punched him, and then Kate's bullet hit him as well. This rule of MIB not being able to hurt Jacob seemed to have been made up by their mother. She had said a few episodes ago that they couldn't hurt each other.
    5) MIB killed several Losties. He couldn't kill the Oceanic Six because they were the candidates, all possible new Jacobs, who MIB couldn't hurt either.
    6) Yes, Sun had the baby back in Japan. That was all real.
    7) I have no idea what purpose it served.
    8) Desmond was important as he was able to withstand some sort of energy that was in the heart of the island that no one else could. he was the only one that could uncork the light.
    9) I think the candidates were ageless. He's kinda like Jesus. Remember he was also able to grant Richard the same "power".
    10) from what I recall, wasnt' Hurley a mental patient in his real life, not the flash? he was when Jack came to see him when Hurley told him they all needed to go back to the island.
    11) just another couple character developments to take up time
    12) he wanted to protect it, knowing what would happen to everyone if MIB escaped.
    13) Ben's dead at the end, like the rest. But I still can't figure out why he didn't want to go in.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

however

I believe that everything outside of the the flash sideways from season 6 did happen. In response to your questions...here are my thoughts.

1. I always felt the polar bears were brought to the island by the Dharma folks. I know it seemed the only could get there via submarine, but clearly they had other means to bring all the other gear to the island as well.
    2. The Dharma initiative was very active in experimenting on the island and the magnetic forces. The hatch is what they were building in season five when the a-bomb was dropped down the tunnel right? Tapping into the energy source resulted in the number entry deal, but clearly there was a lot more to it than that.
    3. I think Hurley could see dead people because he was the most pure, trusting person on the island. People, even after death, knew he would be a reliable person to talk to. Miles was born on the island so that may have some relevance to being able to sense the dead.
    4. The reason Kate was able to shoot MIB was because when Desmond removed the plug and extinguished the light it made both Jack and MIB mortal. By Jack drinking from the cup and becoming the caretaker he assumed Jacobs responsibilities and became immortal too. Same with Hurley, which make me very curious how long he cared for the island before passing on.
    5. The MIB couldn't kill Losties because they were Candidates to take over the island. He was able to take some of them out, but not all. Those were the rules established by Jacob.
    6. Sun did have the baby. The period of time when the oceanic 6 were off the island was real and that is when she had the baby. Remember how Jin was shown pictures on the digital camera when he was captured by widmore?
    7. Not sure about the significance of time travel. I have a lot of thoughts about it, but that would be an essay. :lol:
    8. Desmond was important because he was the only person who could withstand the magnetic force in the light chamber. I know Jack was there too, but I really think that was Desmond's role. He initially stayed on the island, maybe with Ben and Hurley until death. However, Ben indicated that the rules of the island were Jacob's rules and Hurley might be able to start fresh. Jacob was always able to leave the island, so Hurley very well could have sent Desmond off.
    9. Jacob didn't age because i think that comes with the role of "protector."
    10. I don't think in Hurley's flash sideways he was a mental patient. Just in his flash forwards and backwards. Remember, he is now the luckiest man alive in his flash sideways and nothing bad ever happens to him. Libby however, was a mental patient, but only because she had seen the truth and no one believed her.
    11. Not completely sure about Echo. I read that wanted to do a lot more with him, but he actually wanted off the show to pursue feature films, such as GI Joe :lol::lol::lol: . Big mistake on his part. I think he was a unexpected casualty of the show for the producers.
    12. The Widmore thing is the only issue that really bothers me. You never really know was his desire or role was. I saw an interview with him on Jimmy Kimmell after the show and even he doesn't know if he was good or evil.
    13. Ben is dead, just like everyone else in the flash sideways. This includes Alex (obviously). However, Alex doesn't know of their experiences together when living. Frankly, when she finds out she might not be really happy with Ben. I think he stays behind to be with her and, if she eventually realizes the truth, try to show how sorry he was for his actions. He would rather spend eternity in purgatory with her then heaven without her and until she moves on she can't leave.

Phew! That was quite a workout. Not sure if all my theories are true, but there you go!
    PJ:

• Options
    one other thing that might be obvious to others but it wasn't to me immediately.........the flash sideways characters all seemed to be what the real characters wished they could have been in real life: Sawyer as a good cop, Jack as a very together person, Hurley as very lucky, Jin and Sun as very happy, etc.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

however

I believe that everything outside of the the flash sideways from season 6 did happen. In response to your questions...here are my thoughts.

1. I always felt the polar bears were brought to the island by the Dharma folks. I know it seemed the only could get there via submarine, but clearly they had other means to bring all the other gear to the island as well.
    2. The Dharma initiative was very active in experimenting on the island and the magnetic forces. The hatch is what they were building in season five when the a-bomb was dropped down the tunnel right? Tapping into the energy source resulted in the number entry deal, but clearly there was a lot more to it than that.
    3. I think Hurley could see dead people because he was the most pure, trusting person on the island. People, even after death, knew he would be a reliable person to talk to. Miles was born on the island so that may have some relevance to being able to sense the dead.
    4. The reason Kate was able to shoot MIB was because when Desmond removed the plug and extinguished the light it made both Jack and MIB mortal. By Jack drinking from the cup and becoming the caretaker he assumed Jacobs responsibilities and became immortal too. Same with Hurley, which make me very curious how long he cared for the island before passing on.
    5. The MIB couldn't kill Losties because they were Candidates to take over the island. He was able to take some of them out, but not all. Those were the rules established by Jacob.
    6. Sun did have the baby. The period of time when the oceanic 6 were off the island was real and that is when she had the baby. Remember how Jin was shown pictures on the digital camera when he was captured by widmore?
    7. Not sure about the significance of time travel. I have a lot of thoughts about it, but that would be an essay. :lol:
    8. Desmond was important because he was the only person who could withstand the magnetic force in the light chamber. I know Jack was there too, but I really think that was Desmond's role. He initially stayed on the island, maybe with Ben and Hurley until death. However, Ben indicated that the rules of the island were Jacob's rules and Hurley might be able to start fresh. Jacob was always able to leave the island, so Hurley very well could have sent Desmond off.
    9. Jacob didn't age because i think that comes with the role of "protector."
    10. I don't think in Hurley's flash sideways he was a mental patient. Just in his flash forwards and backwards. Remember, he is now the luckiest man alive in his flash sideways and nothing bad ever happens to him. Libby however, was a mental patient, but only because she had seen the truth and no one believed her.
    11. Not completely sure about Echo. I read that wanted to do a lot more with him, but he actually wanted off the show to pursue feature films, such as GI Joe :lol::lol::lol: . Big mistake on his part. I think he was a unexpected casualty of the show for the producers.
    12. The Widmore thing is the only issue that really bothers me. You never really know was his desire or role was. I saw an interview with him on Jimmy Kimmell after the show and even he doesn't know if he was good or evil.
    13. Ben is dead, just like everyone else in the flash sideways. This includes Alex (obviously). However, Alex doesn't know of their experiences together when living. Frankly, when she finds out she might not be really happy with Ben. I think he stays behind to be with her and, if she eventually realizes the truth, try to show how sorry he was for his actions. He would rather spend eternity in purgatory with her then heaven without her and until she moves on she can't leave.

Phew! That was quite a workout. Not sure if all my theories are true, but there you go!

good thoughts there and the post above, just a few more issues on your answers

2. the hatch i was referring to was series 2, with the button and the sequence of numbers
    5. The rules? this bothers me a little as how were the rules set, and how were they enforced. My mother has told me plenty of things in my life, but i may have broken a few!!! Seems a little flimsy but maybe this is something you have to accept as one of the Islands quirks
    6. So why on earth was she back pregnant in the flash sideways? maybe im getting too caught up in the flash sideways when she was shot, but as that took place long after she left the island i cant fathom this out. Especially as she remembered what she had in the flash sideways as if it was real?
    10. Hurleys goof fortune was only make belief? I thought he was actually a millionaire winner, i dont think i had considered that that was a sideways flash, i had thought that was confirmed when Hurley left the Island too....i could be wrong

i added a few more too....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,405
    pdalowsky wrote:
    6. So why on earth was she back pregnant in the flash sideways? maybe im getting too caught up in the flash sideways when she was shot, but as that took place long after she left the island i cant fathom this out. Especially as she remembered what she had in the flash sideways as if it was real?
    The timing of the flash sideways as we see it play out is supposed to be when the original flight 815 is in air, and then lands rather than crashes, back in 2004. At that time Sun was pregnant. This is the memory she and the other Losties are living in flash sideways limbo world until they have their epiphany moment and remember the true reality.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
    Jack's father explained it well... there is no time in the flash sideways. Once you're dead, you're removed from time. You have no body so you can represent yourself as you choose to to others, or maybe they are seeing you as they choose to - which explains how Kate could have (maybe) died when she was 50 and would still be there to meet everyone and look like she did on the island. I re-watched the episode last night and when Kate takes Jack's face in her hands and says, "I've missed you so much", it's heartbreaking... I think she probably lived for a long time after the island.

I totally agree with whoever said that in this purgatory they were all envisioning themselves having done things differently and resolving their feelings about their lives, maybe even making up for the things they did wrong, like Ben. I think Ben had the power to move on with everyone else, but knew he wasn't ready to move on, which makes sense, since he did such bad things in his life.
  • Options
    michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
    pdalowsky wrote:
    6. So why on earth was she back pregnant in the flash sideways? maybe im getting too caught up in the flash sideways when she was shot, but as that took place long after she left the island i cant fathom this out. Especially as she remembered what she had in the flash sideways as if it was real?....

The flash sideways is purgatory - they can relive whatever they want. Jack imagined himself as a father - a really good father who had learned from his own father's mistakes. Sawyer imagined himself having used his anger towards the man who killed his parents and turning it into something good (a cop) rather than turning it into something that hurt others (a con man). Etc. And Jin and Sun were going to experience having the baby together, which they never go to do. They were imagining themselves back in that time of their lives.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    10. Hurleys goof fortune was only make belief? I thought he was actually a millionaire winner, i dont think i had considered that that was a sideways flash, i had thought that was confirmed when Hurley left the Island too....i could be wrong?

Hurley had still won the lottery, but seems to have dropped the bad luck part of it. He got to re-unite with Libby and have his date :)