LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    I predict there's going to be LOTS of fan fiction with further adventures of the characters and speculation about the unanswered questions.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    loadedgun wrote:
    They need to do a spin-off cop show with Sawyer and Miles.

Mixed in with a spin off Hospital show with Jack and Juliet.

Don’t forget anna lucia in the cop show.
    :lol:

Ana Lucia will be the "dirty cop" in contrast to Sawyer and Miles the good guys. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Christian told Jack that "everybody dies, some before you, some after you." The church (which had symbols of many different faiths) and the sideways world was "the place you created so you could all be together." I think the reason Ben didn't go inside yet was he was going to wait for Alex.

Yes, that was what was meant when Desmond said Ana Lucia was not ready yet. She was not ready to move on. Possibly Farrady and Charlotte as well, since it seemed Eloise knew what was happening the whole time in the sideways world.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I predict there's going to be LOTS of fan fiction with further adventures of the characters and speculation about the unanswered questions.

I can't imagine the amount of fan fiction that will be all over the net. :?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    The church (which had symbols of many different faiths) and the sideways world was "the place you created so you could all be together.".
    exactly,i notoiced that too.im not sure what was the wheel symbol for
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    The church (which had symbols of many different faiths) and the sideways world was "the place you created so you could all be together.".

Yes... I think there was a cross, a jewish star, the yin&yang symbol, the om symbol and some more in the window glass.
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453

it was the wheel of pain from the original Conan the Barbarian movie. Not really BUT if it was that would really challenge what the island was all about ! :D
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    How do we know that Conan didn't take place on the island?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    loadedgun wrote:
    Cause the man has absolutely no tan:

Conan_O%27Brien_at_U_S__Embassy_Helsinki.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    loadedgun wrote:

Hehehe. He would have kicked Smokie's ass for sure !!

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uplo ... /conan.jpg
    wolkenlos wrote:

Yes... I think there was a cross, a jewish star, the yin&yang symbol, the om symbol and some more in the window glass.
    yep was a muslim symbol.the one with star and half moon on the left,
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • spat wrote:
    how did jack get out of the pit??
    The water flushed him out, same way as the Man in Black's body washed out of it after Jacob pushed him down the creek. Jack woke up in the same place that Jacob found his brother's body.

As far as the different interpretations go, I think it's pretty clear that the only thing that was "not real" were the scenes from the alternate reality (so just this current season's flashes to their other lives). What people are calling the LA-X timeline is actually like heaven's waiting room, where people go after they die but before they cross over. All the stuff on the island really happened and had to happen to protect the light.

There's some people there that don't know they are dead (Ana-lucia, Miles, Arzt) some people who know but are hanging around (Eloise, Ben) but most people once they know they go to get their group hugs and move on into the light.

I guess people either get a shot at redemption or a "normal" life in this waiting area? I think Ben is hanging out to spend time with Alex as a father. And maybe get a little more of Danielle's coq a vin if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Maybe watching Ghost Whisperer is affecting my understanding of the story.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    MayDay10 wrote:

So everyone dies at some point and goes to heaven where they meet up with people they love in a church with light. If I had told you this was how the show was going to end no one would have liked it.

But since it's Lost there are going to be a lot of people who love it no matter what happens. More power to you.

I didn't like it and thought it was a real cheat by the producers since they have shied away from the purgatory idea from the beginning. Also I love how the tagline of the DVD is "all the mysteries will be revealed". They set the show up to make viewers want to know what's going on and then when we want to know fundamental things that are going on we are told to care about the characters.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    It appears that there are two types of fans: those into the characters and their development and those into the mystery of the island. I feel like the ones who were into the mystery of the show were let down. It seems like everyone who loved the characters loved how the finale got all emotional and everything came together for them. I don't really feel like I got any intellectual satisfaction from this show now that it's over.
  • It is irritating that they never revealed the nature of the Island's "power" or how Mother started protecting it, or how Jacob got the power to set all these gears in motion while Jack didn't seem to have any special knowledge. I would have liked some more specific background on what the Others were about, how Widmore came to lead them and what they did for Ben after the gas attack.

I half-hoped when Locke and Jack were doing the Ninja-Gaiden thing on the cliff that Jack was going to transform into a super-saiyan and whip out a super-hadoken fireball or something.
    "Money is no object," I said, "but I am on a budget."
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    rrivers wrote:
    So everyone dies at some point and goes to heaven where they meet up with people they love in a church with light. If I had told you this was how the show was going to end no one would have liked it.

But since it's Lost there are going to be a lot of people who love it no matter what happens. More power to you.

I didn't like it and thought it was a real cheat by the producers since they have shied away from the purgatory idea from the beginning. Also I love how the tagline of the DVD is "all the mysteries will be revealed". They set the show up to make viewers want to know what's going on and then when we want to know fundamental things that are going on we are told to care about the characters.
    just BAD writing... and the bad writing led to bad acting... and the bad acting led me to not care about a single character

people act like the writers/creators are so smart for being able to tie everything together

THEY HAD 6 YEARS TO DO IT! good movies do more with characters in 2 hours

sorry to keep being a hater... just bored and looking to stir up trouble... get to the bottom of what the appeal really is
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    rrivers wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

There was also the end where Jack sacrificed himself so that the plane could get off the island and the others lived, and Hurley stayed to watch over it.

I read that from the start the title "LOST" refered not to the Island, but to the characters. The events on the Island were not in the purgatory place of the flash sideways.

I liked the end because I liked the characters. BUt the mystery of the Island was left open for each persons view. I know some people that watch the show and who need to know any and all answeres about the mythology will not be pleased.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Newch91 wrote:
    I loved how in the last episode Hurley said, "Glad it wasn't me" and then in the finale he becomes the protector of the island.

that's what made me realize it would end up being him in the end. that was a dead giveaway for me.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • spencer958spencer958 Posts: 279
    I loved it because it was all about the characters the whole time. They will be connected to each other even in the afterlife. Also, now we know why Juliet said "it worked" to Miles after she died.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited May 2010
    rrivers wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Well.. to be fair, Jack saved the island, Hurley became the protector and Sawyer and Kate got away on the airplane.. the whole death in the end was just a way for them to remember the most important time in their life, which was what the whole show was based around, not the myth or magic of the island, but them and their influence on eachother. The mysteries are irrelevant. People who want answers aren't getting the show. The show would have sucked if they explained everything. It's like when George Lucas tried to explain the force in The Phantom Menace. God that sucked. TMI

Not everyone will be pleased, but most would agree its a suitable ending.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
    i love that all characters was and had a fucked life but the island give them the chance to bring the better self of them..thats the meaning,of the end,that everybody is dead and they try their best,the are relief now that they die try and help others,that why was the whole hunging....and the whole story was this" time to let go" in the end...and brilliant the end when jack close his eyes instead of opening in the 1st episode..
    and its so fuckin brilliant cos if u open a thread about Eddie vedder will have less pages than this one!!!
    that was the magic about this show.we still talk about it..!!!we still have characters and pictures in mind..
    when they have this flashback when they touch eachother i was so in to it!!!6 years pass and i everytime i was the same nervous to see the next episode....when jack touched by kate was like power heat me!!and was to end like this..to still have questions...
  • now that I think about it, they totally stole this whole finale from The Sixth Sense, how that little boy helped people (Bruce Willis) figure out they were dead before they could move on. Plagiarism!

I thought it was god-awful how it ended for Widmore. He was such a central part of the story, I could have sworn he was going to come back after mentioning a while back about wearing bullet proof vests and all that. His death was so anti-climactic, and didn't do justice to the importance of the character.

why was Claire's Aaron still a baby in the church? He didn't die as a baby. Or did they all just transform back into their Lost age when they went to limbo, since none of them actually seemed to age.

Hurley somehow had a nice haircut though!

With all that was left open (Hurley telling Ben he was a great #2, etc), I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a movie in the next few years.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    something pretty weird about jack creating an imaginary (and creepy looking) son for himself in dreamland... doesnt seem that necessary to him meeting up with his island friends

working out daddy issues? :?

why was Claire's Aaron still a baby in the church? He didn't die as a baby. Or did they all just transform back into their Lost age when they went to limbo, since none of them actually seemed to age.

It was the reality they made up for eachother.. Claire's older son was not from that important time in her life, therefore he remained a baby.. to everyone that period was the most important time.

It was the reality they made up for eachother.. Claire's son was not from that important time in her life, therefore he remained a baby.
    would claire really wanna be there at all?? she went fucking crazy on the island... whats so special about that?... you gotta think that motherhood was better... or whatever her life was post-island

same might be said for any of the ones that got off the island... pretty sad if the rest of their lives were that uneventful / void of special people to spend eternity with

My question is, if they nuked the island in the 70s, what reality is Kate, Sawyer, Claire going back to when they fly away in the end?
  • michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
    Well, count me in as another who loved it. I lost track of how many times I teared up, I'm a sap :)

I'm glad they chose to focus on the spiritual aspects of the characters and their lives. I'm not sure they could have explained the scientific aspects satisfactorily, anyhow.

The alt universe makes more sense to me now. I guess it was their in-between and that they were all imagining themselves as they'd like to have been and envisioning how they might have done things differently, if given the chance.
    would claire really wanna be there at all?? she went fucking crazy on the island... whats so special about that?... you gotta think that motherhood was better... or whatever her life was post-island

same might be said for any of the ones that got off the island... pretty sad if the rest of their lives were that uneventful / void of special people to spend eternity with
    Maybe Charlie was the most important thing to her? Her life sucked off the island too.