Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    DS1119 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    BUFFALO MAKES ME WANNA SHOUT!

:thumbup: :clap:

I have to say I'm surprised to see many Bills fans down here in S Florida. :shock: the Patriots will catch you Bills.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    polaris_x wrote:
    i cheer for the bills ... but this team could easily be 1-4 ... teams are losing against these guys as opposed to the bills winning the games ...

See i don't agree with this statement.

The Chiefs just flat out got blown out of thier house by the Bills.

The Oakland game the Raiders got up by 21 and put it in cruise control thinking same old Bills. But Buffalo kept grinding it out and made some plays and won.

The Pats did the same thing. Up by 21 you know cocky ass Belichik thought same old Buffalo Bills. A few bounces the Bills way and 3 qtrs later a Buffalo win.

The Eagles games i was only able to see the 4th qtr (Fuck you time warner and your shitty guide) so i can't say much for this game. The fourth qtr was sloppy on both parts. But Buffalo is finding a way to win. Which in this league is what good teams do. Last years Buffalo Bills would be 1-4 but that was then.

Also how about them Sabres. With the Bills doing good the whole city of Buffalo is not focused on the Sabres already.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DURP wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    i cheer for the bills ... but this team could easily be 1-4 ... teams are losing against these guys as opposed to the bills winning the games ...

See i don't agree with this statement.

The Chiefs just flat out got blown out of thier house by the Bills.

The Oakland game the Raiders got up by 21 and put it in cruise control thinking same old Bills. But Buffalo kept grinding it out and made some plays and won.

The Pats did the same thing. Up by 21 you know cocky ass Belichik thought same old Buffalo Bills. A few bounces the Bills way and 3 qtrs later a Buffalo win.

The Eagles games i was only able to see the 4th qtr (Fuck you time warner and your shitty guide) so i can't say much for this game. The fourth qtr was sloppy on both parts. But Buffalo is finding a way to win. Which in this league is what good teams do. Last years Buffalo Bills would be 1-4 but that was then.

Also how about them Sabres. With the Bills doing good the whole city of Buffalo is not focused on the Sabres already.

Durp sounding off...love it!!! :thumbup: :clap:
  • Options
    Deal with it NFL.

Also can we get someone beside the Pats, Jets, Dollphins, Falcons and Packers in primetime? I mean seriouslly this mon night is the Jets and Fish come on NFL.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    This game is being broadcast basically nationally except here in Ohio this sucks. Oh well go Bills.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    chicken-wings.jpeg

Let's Go Bills!!!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    DS1119 wrote:
    chicken-wings.jpeg

Let's Go Bills!!!

those look so good...not as good as a bills win...great game so far
  • Options
    Tough game to lose today...damn it.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

tough loss...fitzpatrick had a huge sack before half to get them out of fg range and that pick with 4 mins left was grossly underthrown...bad way to enter the bye week but a great start nonetheless for the surprise 4-2 Bills
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

tough loss...fitzpatrick had a huge sack before half to get them out of fg range and that pick with 4 mins left was grossly underthrown...bad way to enter the bye week but a great start nonetheless for the surprise 4-2 Bills

All in all I don't think there is a Bills fan who wouldn't have signed up for a 4-2 start...but yesterdays game was winnable. Those are the games that get you into the playoffs.
  • Options
    I will take 4-2.

Just break the season into qtrs instead of lookin at the whole record. 1-1 in the second qtr isn't bad. I didnt get to see the game but its nice to see even in the Bills two losses they were not blown out of either loss.

I still admit i have reervations but am lovin the team this year so far.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    The positive thing is that they have been in every game so far...what really more can anyone ask? :thumbup:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    The positive thing is that they have been in every game so far...what really more can anyone ask? :thumbup:

A owner who wants to win instead of more worried about filling his pockets and the pockets of future Wilsons with cash.

Though i did get an email from WGR the other day that said the Ralph is going to get a 100+ million dollar renovation. Maybe some of that money will be used to pave the parking lots i can dream.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    this season is in spite of Wilson for sure.

They lucked out with a lot of these guys... and I believe that Chan Gailey was an extremely lucky pickup as well.

They are 4-2... but I still think they are a hair away from a 4-12 team. But they are also close to a 12-4 team. Strange place.

One thing is for sure. Wilson and his bean-counters will screw it up.

As it is now, they might have screwed it up. The Redskins in Buffalo would hold a very high probability of a Buffalo victory. Instead, the 'home' game is played at a neutral site where everyone wears Manning, Brady, NY Jets, Packers jerseys, etc. Makes it a lot easier for Washington. All so Wilson can make more money.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong i respect everything Ralph Wilson has done for the AFL/NFL but the game has passed him by and it's not just a few fans that think he is more worried about money. Alot of Bills fans feel this way which is sad that we think the owner of the team we have poured our hearts for is more interested in money.

But that is why you will see the Sabres start making alot of noise a fan owns the team and wants to win. While we are waiting out the reaper for Wilson. I love him and hate him at the same ahhh to be a Bills fan.

Oh and Fuck the Toronto series and Fuck the London series to. These games are taking home games away and are doing nothing but line the owners pockets. Enough of this shit people in Canada and England don't give a fuck about the NFL.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    bills play the battered skins this weekend (no hightower or moss)..5-2?
  • Options
    Here's a scenario for the Bills: Let's say the Pats have the #1 seed wrapped up and the Bills needing a win in Week 17 to make the playoffs. You guys win the last game of the season facing Ryan Mallet and grab a wild card spot. It would be nice to see the Bills in the playoffs this year. F the Jets.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Here's a scenario for the Bills: Let's say the Pats have the #1 seed wrapped up and the Bills needing a win in Week 17 to make the playoffs. You guys win the last game of the season facing Ryan Mallet and grab a wild card spot. It would be nice to see the Bills in the playoffs this year. F the Jets.

id love to see that. im sick of rex ryan. his act got old really quick. every week, it seems he has to take it upon himself to be controversial. these are a bunch of professionals and he is acting busch league.
  • Options
    vs Washington - Win
    vs New York - Toss Up
    @ Dallas - Loss
    @ Miami - Win
    @ New York - Toss Up
    vs Tennessee - Win
    @ San Diego - Loss
    vs Miami - Win
    vs Denver - Win
    @ New England - Win

They are 4-2 right now. I think they have at least 6 more wins in them. Does 10 wins get into the playoffs this year in the AFC? Maybe, which makes those two Jets games that much more important. LOOK AT THOSE LAST THREE GAMES ON THE SCHEDULE! I think they win all 3.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    vs Washington - Win
    vs New York - Toss Up
    @ Dallas - Loss
    @ Miami - Win
    @ New York - Toss Up
    vs Tennessee - Win
    @ San Diego - Loss
    vs Miami - Win
    vs Denver - Win
    @ New England - Win

They are 4-2 right now. I think they have at least 6 more wins in them. Does 10 wins get into the playoffs this year in the AFC? Maybe, which makes those two Jets games that much more important. LOOK AT THOSE LAST THREE GAMES ON THE SCHEDULE! I think they win all 3.

theyre not going into foxboro and winning unless the pats rest their starters after they clinch a bye in week 15.
    however, if theyre offense keeps it up and their old LBS dont crap out, i can see them eeking into the playoffs as a 5 or 6 seed
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

id love to see that. im sick of rex ryan. his act got old really quick. every week, it seems he has to take it upon himself to be controversial. these are a bunch of professionals and he is acting busch league.

Fenway-The Bills have been there before. I give you 2 Jan 05 Orchard Park NY the Bills enter the game against the 14-1 Pittsburg Steelers who have everything locked up. The scenerio is simple for Buffalo win and you're in. Oh and you get to play against Tommy Maddox and some guy named Willie Parker is the backup. Playoffs here we come and then the Bills choked. I was at that game and it was a weired day. It was in the high 40's low 50's in Jan in Buffalo go figure.

I'm sick of that fat fuck Ryan as well. It's one thing to be confident but this guy is a douche. I love how he wants all of us to think the Jets are a bunch of tough guys now. Whatever Sanchez is flammer, L.T is old as shit, Plax is dumb as shit anyone who shoots themself in the leg in a nightclub is retarded sorry and let's face it the Jets are overhyped and overrated. There are 3 players i would take from the Jets the rest can all suck it Revis, Mangold and D-brick. The rest of that team can suck it.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    vs Washington - Win
    vs New York - Toss Up
    @ Dallas - Loss
    @ Miami - Win
    @ New York - Toss Up
    vs Tennessee - Win
    @ San Diego - Loss
    vs Miami - Win
    vs Denver - Win
    @ New England - Win

The Bills can beat Dallas. Dallas is not that good they are in a weak division this year. Yeah i said it now look at the standings and tell me the NFC east isn't weak this year.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Lets go Toronto er....I mean Buffalo!!!
  • Options
    Washington made the Bills defense look like the '85 Bears in the first half. Hope they keep it up!! :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Washington made the Bills defense look like the '85 Bears in the first half. Hope they keep it up!! :lol:

it's officially a barn-burner
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Clicking on all cylinders today. :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    9 sacks...most since 64 :o
    1st place...fuck ya!
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    DURP wrote:
    Don't get me wrong i respect everything Ralph Wilson has done for the AFL/NFL but the game has passed him by and it's not just a few fans that think he is more worried about money. Alot of Bills fans feel this way which is sad that we think the owner of the team we have poured our hearts for is more interested in money.

But that is why you will see the Sabres start making alot of noise a fan owns the team and wants to win. While we are waiting out the reaper for Wilson. I love him and hate him at the same ahhh to be a Bills fan.

Oh and Fuck the Toronto series and Fuck the London series to. These games are taking home games away and are doing nothing but line the owners pockets. Enough of this shit people in Canada and England don't give a fuck about the NFL.

your right people in Canada don't like NFL that why we go a lot to your bills games. you should be happy that they play some games in Toronto cause yes it is a cash grab for the owners but in reality it might make you have a football team in the future when Wilson dies.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    DURP wrote:

your right people in Canada don't like NFL that why we go a lot to your bills games. you should be happy that they play some games in Toronto cause yes it is a cash grab for the owners but in reality it might make you have a football team in the future when Wilson dies.

Thats right OUR Buffalo Bills. Really i should be happy that one home game goes to Toronto. Seriously all this is for is money for Wilson pocket. This will not effect the future home of the team.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    1912818-fitzmagic.gif