Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i LOVE duff's...perfectly crispy, sausy and awesome...ive had anchor bar, bob and johns as well as others but duff rules the roost :D
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Davidtrios wrote:
    i LOVE duff's...perfectly crispy, sausy and awesome...ive had anchor bar, bob and johns as well as others but duff rules the roost :D

They do have that nice lunch special...dammit now I want wings for dinner. :lol:
  • Options
    at_duffs_buffalos_best_wings_m_p1.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    at_duffs_buffalos_best_wings_m_p1.jpg

:shock: :shock:
  • Options
    So I'm thinking the Bills will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Who's with me... :D
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    DS1119 wrote:
    So I'm thinking the Bills will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Who's with me... :D
    Stranger things have happened.....such as the St. Louis Rams winning a Super Bowl
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    that was a heck of a win today
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    fun game to watch.. did your heart skip a beat on that final play? ;)

see you bitches next week! :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    If the Bills keep it within 10 next week, I have very high hopes for a wild card! ;)
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    fun game to watch.. did your heart skip a beat on that final play? ;)

see you bitches next week! :D

On the final play???? No...I knew we had it the whole way. :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    Ready to be shocked back into reality Bills fans?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options

The good thing about being where the Bills are right now is no one expects them to win yet. On the other hand the Pats have nothing to gain or lose this weekend. If they win they were supposed to win. If they lose that's the issue. Buffalo has no pressure. I look for it to be alot more competitve than many think. This is not the same Bills team that was blown out by the Pats last year.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Sunday will tell a better story. Sorry but we've been here before 5-0 a few years ago. The chiefs were supposed to be good they have stunk up the place in both weeks. Not sure about the Raiders so next week will tell alot more about this team.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    great game yesterday. My voice is completely gone.

Even if things go near perfect for them, I dont see them getting more than 9 wins, which would probably not get into the playoffs.

The team is making very good progress and amassing good players and adopting a good system. They could be a legitimate playoff competitor as soon as 2012.
  • Options
    bills are 9 point dogs at home...i always heard pound the interdivisional home dog...fuck that, bills money line! :lol:
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    bills are 9 point dogs at home...i always heard pound the interdivisional home dog...fuck that, bills money line! :lol:

:lol: :thumbup: :lol:
  • Options
    Hang in there Buffalo! Don't go down!!

rockyandapollo.jpg
  • Options

Did you want to edit your post or just go ahead and delete it? :lol:
  • Options
    top of the division if the raiders win today.. see you later in the year.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    DS1119 wrote:

As I posted in the New England Patriots thread i wouldn't bet on the Patriots in this game....turns out I was right. The Patriots ALWAYS have a stinker of a game every year.

Good game Bills and first place for you.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I would have thought the Bills won the Super Bowl. Dudes were crying, players running around the field with Bills flags. I'm sure they're excited, they've lost the last 15 games to New England, but I thought the celebrating was a little over the top. Of course I don't really like any big celebrations (be it in the endzone or after a game unless it's the championship) that much. Growing up playing football our coaches always told us that whether we just scored, or just won a game "act like you've done it before". If we did anything in the endzone other than hand the ball to the ref, we would be running sprints the next day.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I would have thought the Bills won the Super Bowl. Dudes were crying, players running around the field with Bills flags. I'm sure they're excited, they've lost the last 15 games to New England, but I thought the celebrating was a little over the top. Of course I don't really like any big celebrations (be it in the endzone or after a game unless it's the championship) that much. Growing up playing football our coaches always told us that whether we just scored, or just won a game "act like you've done it before". If we did anything in the endzone other than hand the ball to the ref, we would be running sprints the next day.

That's funny one of our Pop Warner football coaches said something like that even though for the whole second half we took a knee on every offensive play due this stupid MERCY RULE in PW. Oh they won't be running sprints though on Tuesday's practice.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    nobody circles the wagon like the buffalo bills! keep it guys :thumbup:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    As a card-carrying Miami Dolphins fan (a Fan O' Fish....if you will), I'd like to say I fully support the Bills run towards the playoffs cause I hate the Patriots and Jets and we are going NOWHERE. If it had to be somebody, I'd rather it be the Bills. I actually used to cheer them in their Super Bowls. Today's win was VERY impressive. I was following the score as I watched the final nail in the coffin of the Miami Dolphins. I mean, it's one thing to lose..but the Dolphins lose and are totally boring to watch. Fucking FIsh Fucks.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Fucking FIsh Fucks.

Wouldn't it be Fucking Rat Fish Fucks! :lol:
  • Options
    nobody circles the wagon like the buffalo bills! keep it guys :thumbup:

8-)
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

As I posted in the New England Patriots thread i wouldn't bet on the Patriots in this game....turns out I was right. The Patriots ALWAYS have a stinker of a game every year.

Good game Bills and first place for you.

Peace
    :silent:

Man was I wrong. Congrats to the Bills on a great game. They had the Pats on their heels the whole second half. Nice win guys. Different story next time around.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Man was I wrong. Congrats to the Bills on a great game. They had the Pats on their heels the whole second half. Nice win guys. Different story next time around.

Very classy! :thumbup: Although I believe you may be right I will ride this high for a long as I can. :lol:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612

The Bills literally havent won a big game against a good team in over 11 years. This is a big deal here. Especially with a terrible owner who doesnt care about winning, constant threats of relocation, and the feeling that the team is completely irrelevant in the NFL.
    This has the feeling of a bad movie... almost "Major League". people actually thought that they were tanking on purpose to move to Toronto or LA. So many undrafted free agents, low round draft picks, and guys not wanted. The high octane offense features F Jackson, Fitzpatrick, David Nelson, Donald Jones, and Stevie Johnson. The head coach is the guy nobody wanted. They were looking for head coaches at the time and all the 'good' guys like Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden, etc said no to Buffalo (due to the owner).

So this is a huge deal to us... it hasnt felt real good to be a Bills fan in a long time. and the players know and feel it too. The atmosphere at a Bills game is one of the best in the NFL and may be the closest to a college football-type feeling.
    Looking around at Pats fans at the game, you can tell they were a little mystified by the massive celebration going on. They have gotten so used to watching wins and expecting a winner, it takes a lot of fun and 'triumph' out of it. I saw it in Buffalo too towards the end of their decade-long run... people started to take it for granted and the wins werent quite as sweet.
  • Options
    with cinci next week, dare i say 4-0? :)