Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Davidtrios wrote:
    with cinci next week, dare i say 4-0? :)

It's possible that's for sure. :thumbup:
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Hey Buffalo Bills try not to spot the Bengals 21 pts this sunday. The games have been great but i can't take this shit all season. Nice to hold your head high as a Bills fan finally. Oh yes crow does taste good and i'm glad that through three weeks this team is proving me wrong.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Hey Buffalo Bills try not to spot the Bengals 21 pts this sunday. The games have been great but i can't take this shit all season. Nice to hold your head high as a Bills fan finally. Oh yes crow does taste good and i'm glad that through three weeks this team is proving me wrong.

:thumbup: Let's go Bills!!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I dont think anyone can hang their head due to low expectations going into this season.

The only people I know who had high expectations are a couple friends I have who are complete optimists every season and have been dead wrong for 11 straight seasons.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I dont think anyone can hang their head due to low expectations going into this season.

The only people I know who had high expectations are a couple friends I have who are complete optimists every season and have been dead wrong for 11 straight seasons.

chris boomer berman? :D
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Typical Bill's fan recording this...probably passed out drunk and his camera just kept rolling. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZPAKvTraAM
  • Options
    bills are giving away 3-3.5 pts this week....TAKE EM!!!!
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

I was one of those fans till i walked out of the Ralph last year after the Jets beat the living piss out of the Bills. This year i refused to let the abusive Bills suck me back in. But now i am starting to believe a little bit more.

Before the season my cousin told me the mood in Buffalo was gloom about the team. This team needs to keep going. I admit i am worried about an emotional let down this sunday. Atleast this sunday i can sit on my couch and drink beer cheaper than at the bar.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Typical Bill's fan recording this...probably passed out drunk and his camera just kept rolling. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZPAKvTraAM

Be sure to check out some of the old Kelly commercials on the side bar Classic lol.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    Be sure to check out some of the old Kelly commercials on the side bar Classic lol.

:thumbup: :lol:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    DURP wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I was one of those fans till i walked out of the Ralph last year after the Jets beat the living piss out of the Bills. This year i refused to let the abusive Bills suck me back in. But now i am starting to believe a little bit more.

Before the season my cousin told me the mood in Buffalo was gloom about the team. This team needs to keep going. I admit i am worried about an emotional let down this sunday. Atleast this sunday i can sit on my couch and drink beer cheaper than at the bar.

I was an optimist too, but was finally beaten down a few years ago when they started 4-0 and missed the playoffs. Now I have no expectations.... still dont, but Im enjoying the ride. I still do have my season tickets and go to all the games... but they have served as more of a social event at the tailgates than anything.

Its funny, I had a friend who would 'call out' a TD or 2 to Stevie Johnson every week and he would never touch the ball. Finally, after a brutal game last season, he announced he gave up on Johnson. The very next week is when he broke out and has been a household name since.

good article... here is a snippet:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=l ... elly092811

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. – This might be the last simple place left in the NFL. A place where fans navigate tiny roads and pass signs for $10 parking on people’s front lawns, and they can walk to a stadium that doesn’t look like the Emirates Palace. And when they do visit they can find an RV in the middle of the parking lot where a Hall of Fame quarterback tailgates just like them – every game-day morning.

If this was anywhere else, Jim Kelly probably wouldn’t be standing here wearing his Buffalo Bills warm-up jacket, sleeves pulled up, pouring ketchup on a hot dog and punching visitors with a friendly fist to the chest that makes them feel as if they’ve been hit with a sack of bricks. Imagine, for instance, Roger Staubach plugging in a yellow, DeWalt boombox under a pullout awning and waving hello to the fans who walk by. But then Buffalo has always been a little different from everywhere else, a small town inside of a big city. A place where the city has struggled and victories have come sparingly, and when they do come they lead to only more heartache as in the four straight Super Bowls the Bills lost in the 1990s.

Around the NFL, people talk about Green Bay as the league’s great small-town place where time stands still and football is the only way of life. But the Packers long ago went corporate with a shining remodeled stadium whose top feature is a soaring atrium filled with a hall of fame, shops and a sit-down restaurant called “Curley’s Pub.” The Buffalo where Kelly parks his RV and Bills star receiver Stevie Johnson(notes) walks through the fans on game morning wearing shorts and a cap turned backward, is like Green Bay of 15 years ago.

“When you haven’t been to the playoffs for 11 years and you still sell out, that’s something,” Kelly says, as he opens the RV’s door, leading a visitor inside. “These fans are nuts. They are so starving for a winner and to have the old feeling back.”.......

i love what you guys are doing, so exciting!! keep it up
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    Nice read on the Bills Mayday. It really is one of the last simple places left. Not sure about the 10 dollar parking but i always park next to the Texas Hots place.

Wanted to goto a game this year but last year after the Jets game it left a sour taste in my mouth. So i decided to goto PJ Toronto 1 it was worth it.

Anyway i love the Ralph i'm not for a flashy new stadium. I don't need to be coddled when i goto a game i want to goto a Bills game in the outside no domes at all. Yeah the Ralph could use some upgrades but something about it is awesome. Everytime i goto a game when i walk into the Ralph and see the field i get so excited.

Also nice to read that Kelly is ready to jump in and buy the Bills. Good news to read.

GO BILLS!!!!
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    Well at least the pressure of the perfect season is finally gone. :)
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    DS1119 wrote:
    Well at least the pressure of the perfect season is finally gone. :)

Load lifted....

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5569/fitzmagic.jpg

Tied for first once again.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Let's Go Buffalo!!
  • Options
    4-1...YES!!!!! :D
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Bills!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i cheer for the bills ... but this team could easily be 1-4 ... teams are losing against these guys as opposed to the bills winning the games ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i cheer for the bills ... but this team could easily be 1-4 ... teams are losing against these guys as opposed to the bills winning the games ...

So many teams are so close in talent that I would say most of the NFL is like thaat. There are 3 maybe 4 acutal elite type of teams. So with that...a win is a win! :thumbup:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

So many teams are so close in talent that I would say most of the NFL is like thaat. There are 3 maybe 4 acutal elite type of teams. So with that...a win is a win! :thumbup:

oh ... for sure ... i would love to see the bills win! ... but they give up waaaay too many yards!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Bills not playing any games in toronto this year? Looks like when you put a good product on the field attendance is no issue.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Bills not playing any games in toronto this year? Looks like when you put a good product on the field attendance is no issue.

they playing the redskins in toronto
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Just the 1 game this year. Are the tickets pricey?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

That should be a good game...both teams are improved this year.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i think just the one game ... pricey is all relative ... haha

http://www.billsintoronto.com/tickets
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    [

i think just the one game ... pricey is all relative ... haha

http://www.billsintoronto.com/tickets

Seems average...for the NFL that is.

Baseball still has the best prices, or at least in Detroit its reasonable.

Tried to get Monday night tickets for the lions tomorrow...probably easier and cheaper to get leaf tickets...hehehehe.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I went to Bills/Bears last year and got decent seats below face from some dude with Labatt Blue on his breath. :)

anyway, BUFFALO MAKES ME WANNA SHOUT!
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    BUFFALO MAKES ME WANNA SHOUT!

:thumbup: :clap: