philly posters put together

d1witdafunkd1witdafunk Posts: 226
edited November 2009 in The Porch
just framed and put together all 4 spectrum posters and man do they look sweet! is it just me or are these seriously underated posters..to me its so cool trying to name all the famous people in the posters(i think sean penn is in night 1)anyway just wondering if anybody else got all 4 and who have you spotted....oh and who is the purple girl in night3 and the green girl in night 2?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You should post a shot of this. I'd like to take a peak at how it looks. I've been debating what to do with mine.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    I see Rubysdad in Night 1 & Night 2, I think!

http://www.thismodernworld.com/phillysetof4wm.jpg
  • demetrios wrote:
    I see Rubysdad in Night 1 & Night 2, I think!

http://www.thismodernworld.com/phillysetof4wm.jpg

I can really tell in Night 1 it looks like Tim but for sure on Night 2
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Looks like tim robbins in the green shirt next to the robot on the 10/28 poster.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I see Snake Plissken on night three. That's pretty much all that matters.

195908363_19983ab628_o.jpg

Bob Hauk: Remember, once you're inside you're on your own.
    Snake Plissken: Oh, you mean I can't count on you?
    Bob Hauk: No.
    Snake Plissken: Good!
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Night 2, Jawa. Tatooine in the hizzow.
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Night 1 - Gilligan. I always heard he was a fan. Favorite song: Love Boat Captain with the 3-hr tour tag.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Behind Evel Knievel ,thats not sammy sosa in night 4s poster, is it ?

if so what does a chicago cub have to do with philly and the spectrum ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    I love those posters too... I picked mine up last week and they're all together up on my wall... looks awesome :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    I believe many of the characters relate to the band members at some point in their lives, kindof like the artwork from the album and how we were all trying to figure out who and why. I enjoy these posters as an extension of the treasure hunt we were on trying to figure out the album artwork. So a Chicago Cub being there as well as Evil Knievel and Tim Robbins to me is obviously related to EV. Just my two cents. Carry on!
  • someone posted a pic of all 4 framed, and they looked fantastic. very simple black frames, almost always my preference. i only bought nights 3 and 4, but i think they all are great. :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Isnt that Jose Cardinal? Ed's favorite baseball player as a kid? Tampa 08 boot talks about this after Wishlist.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Do you think he created one large print then split it up or started on the first one and decided to keep the theme and work left to right? I only ask because it looks like the first night has a lot more distinct characters and as the posters progress there are less and less foreground characters...I think the first one has like 13 or 14 and the 4th one has like 7...maybe I'm wrong.
    someone posted a pic of all 4 framed, and they looked fantastic. very simple black frames, almost always my preference. i only bought nights 3 and 4, but i think they all are great. :thumbup:

My new feature wall ;)

phillyposters.jpg
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    I will admit that they look better framed and on a wall together than they do individually. But in my opinion, these posters remain the biggest disappointment of the '09 tour ...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Tone wrote:
    someone posted a pic of all 4 framed, and they looked fantastic. very simple black frames, almost always my preference. i only bought nights 3 and 4, but i think they all are great. :thumbup:

My new feature wall ;)

phillyposters.jpg

aha - thereya go!
    i KNEW i saw em on the board...and yes, they look awesome!
    ALL my pj posters are framed similarly to yours, and i love the simplicity of it. i honestly have no more room for my 2 new posters - not in the space i have designated for posters anyway - which is a bit of a bummer. i was a bit short-sighted, got all my posters framed, thinking it wouldn't fill up so fast. well, it did. now unless we finish the basement, no where to put em (or that i am willing to put them, i have them confined to one room). eh, someday.....

and i really like the posters, as a set and individually.
    i do have to say tho, i wish the halloween poster had an orange background rather than the green. i love green, i just think it would work/balance better, and sure...go a wee bit with the holiday. i am psyched that 10.30 is purple tho, looooovvvvveeeee purple and that looks awesome.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Cardinal wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Isnt that Jose Cardinal? Ed's favorite baseball player as a kid? Tampa 08 boot talks about this after Wishlist.

thank you.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    Tone wrote:

My new feature wall ;)

phillyposters.jpg

not bad! :)
    Tone wrote:

My new feature wall ;)

aha - thereya go!
    i KNEW i saw em on the board...and yes, they look awesome!
    ALL my pj posters are framed similarly to yours, and i love the simplicity of it. i honestly have no more room for my 2 new posters - not in the space i have designated for posters anyway - which is a bit of a bummer. i was a bit short-sighted, got all my posters framed, thinking it wouldn't fill up so fast. well, it did. now unless we finish the basement, no where to put em (or that i am willing to put them, i have them confined to one room). eh, someday.....

and i really like the posters, as a set and individually.
    i do have to say tho, i wish the halloween poster had an orange background rather than the green. i love green, i just think it would work/balance better, and sure...go a wee bit with the holiday. i am psyched that 10.30 is purple tho, looooovvvvveeeee purple and that looks awesome.

Yeah, I really like them too... I like that sort of art ;) I hadn't bought a poster since '95, so it had been a while. I only live in a studio apartment and it has morphed into a place covered with PJ stuff... framed photographs from shows etc... but I wouldn't have it any other way :D The purple is awesome :D

Now I really want the Adelaide poster from last night! I think I might have started on a slippery slope with the posters...

D - thanks, I'm quite the fan of my new feature wall :D
  • Tone wrote:
    I think I might have started on a slippery slope with the posters...

D

:wtf:
    seriously!
    italy 2006....that's what did me in. now i have every poster from every show i attended, 10.31 being my 30th. :shock: thankfully, there isn't a poster for EVERY show i was at! :lol: perhap i should've embraced the whole portfolio idea? ;) but for me, art is meant to be SEEN, lived with and i just knew how awesome it would look. eh well. what's done is done, and it's all good.

enjoy your art!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    I like these posters, especially the purple

a little different and they remind me of ward sutton's posters

definitely not as edgy as klausen, but I dig the art

EDIT:
    10c should run a contest to see who can name all the characters in each one
    winner gets a signed edition
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I will admit that they look better framed and on a wall together than they do individually. But in my opinion, these posters remain the biggest disappointment of the '09 tour ...

i don't own a single poster. thought about picking one up from 10/31 but the design just didn't do it for me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BeerBaron wrote:

I agree....with the amazing work BK has been doing, a REAL bummer....

oh, well, it's not really all that important in the grand scheme of things though....

for those who dig 'em good on you all!!!

Enjoy 'em! :D
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • d1witdafunk » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:33 am
    just framed and put together all 4 spectrum posters and man do they look sweet! is it just me or are these seriously underated posters..to me its so cool trying to name all the famous people in the posters(i think sean penn is in night 1)anyway just wondering if anybody else got all 4 and who have you spotted....oh and who is the purple girl in night3 and the green girl in night 2?

Could you post a pic when you get a moment.

Also, I tried the walmart $9.97 frames and I did not like the way they fit at all. I may of had a bad frame, but it wasn't flat inside of there. Glad your turned out swell.
    Tone wrote:

D

seriously!
    italy 2006....that's what did me in. now i have every poster from every show i attended, 10.31 being my 30th. :shock: thankfully, there isn't a poster for EVERY show i was at! :lol: perhap i should've embraced the whole portfolio idea? ;) but for me, art is meant to be SEEN, lived with and i just knew how awesome it would look. eh well. what's done is done, and it's all good.

enjoy your art!

Eek! Well, I don't love every poster of every show I've been too... so maybe I'll be okay... maybe :? ... but something about those koalas in the Adelaide poster has done me in and I WANT it! It's not like me to want something for a show I wasn't at, but there you have it ;) As I said, the only other poster I have is from their first tour of Australia in '95, which I only just got framed last week too :D

95TOUR.jpg

I gotta say, I am digging my walls at home right now :)

Get Right - I like your thinking :D
  • Tone wrote:
    Tone wrote:

D

seriously!

enjoy your art!

Eek! Well, I don't love every poster of every show I've been too... so maybe I'll be okay... maybe :? ... but something about those koalas in the Adelaide poster has done me in and I WANT it! It's not like me to want something for a show I wasn't at, but there you have it ;) As I said, the only other poster I have is from their first tour of Australia in '95, which I only just got framed last week too :D

95TOUR.jpg

be careful or one day you won't be able to see your walls....just posters.

edit- fuck it, don't be careful. pearl jam on your walls will make you happy.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    BeerBaron wrote:

yeah im on this page too......

although i dont hate them they dont do a thing for me.

but the turd so far of 2009 was the san diego disaster. Wow that was terrible.
    Tone wrote:

be careful or one day you won't be able to see your walls....just posters.

edit- fuck it, don't be careful. pearl jam on your walls will make you happy.

Yeah, I'm okay with that... I think I can live with PJ all over my walls ;)
  • Tone wrote:

:D

no, nor do i...but it became a bit obsessive, just 'had' to complete it, ya know? :oops:
    in hind sight i should've just framed the ones i love, and there's a fair few there....and the rest just keep in a portfolio. eh well.

if i start buying posters from shows i didn't even go to, i'd be in real danger! :lol:

btw - where do you see the art for the adelaide poster?
    i'd love to see it.

the only posters i might consider buying from shows i've not attended are the - now - 2 shows on my birthday. 11.22 2006 and 2009. *sighs* but even that might be tempting a too slippery slope...hahaha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Tone wrote:

:D

no, nor do i...but it became a bit obsessive, just 'had' to complete it, ya know? :oops:
    in hind sight i should've just framed the ones i love, and there's a fair few there....and the rest just keep in a portfolio. eh well.

if i start buying posters from shows i didn't even go to, i'd be in real danger! :lol:

Oh, don't worry... I hear you on the obsessive thing... I think we can all relate to that on here ;) I'm sure all your framed posters look awesome! Maybe we can start a 12-step program to keep ourselves away from buying posters for shows we didn't see... :) BTW, birthday posters is what started me in Philly... Philly 3 was my birthday, so I was ALWAYS going to buy that one... I got there night 1 and I liked it, found out they were a set and said "yippeee"! ETA: another Scorp or are you on the cusp? There seem to be alot of scorps on this board :D

Here is the Adelaide poster: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106209&start=660