philly posters put together

2»

Comments

• Tone wrote:
    Tone wrote:
    Eek! Well, I don't love every poster of every show I've been too... so maybe I'll be okay... maybe :? ... but something about those koalas in the Adelaide poster has done me in and I WANT it! It's not like me to want something for a show I wasn't at, but there you have it ;) As I said, the only other poster I have is from their first tour of Australia in '95, which I only just got framed last week too :D

:D

no, nor do i...but it became a bit obsessive, just 'had' to complete it, ya know? :oops:
    in hind sight i should've just framed the ones i love, and there's a fair few there....and the rest just keep in a portfolio. eh well.

if i start buying posters from shows i didn't even go to, i'd be in real danger! :lol:

Oh, don't worry... I hear you on the obsessive thing... I think we can all relate to that on here ;) I'm sure all your framed posters look awesome! Maybe we can start a 12-step program to keep ourselves away from buying posters for shows we didn't see... :) BTW, birthday posters is what started me in Philly... Philly 3 was my birthday, so I was ALWAYS going to buy that one... I got there night 1 and I liked it, found out they were a set and said "yippeee"! ETA: another Scorp or are you on the cusp? There seem to be alot of scorps on this board :D

Here is the Adelaide poster: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106209&start=660

yes, i am on the cusp...and a fellow new yawkka too. :D
    i sooooo wanted to go to suydney for my birthday this year - even had the go-ahead, but i just couldn't go to oz w/o mr. dream...so alas, have to await another time. 2006 was out of the question - as i went for the 5 italy shows, so not too upset that year ;)...but damnnit, i would LOVE to see pj on my birthday some day!

i've seen em on my father's bday in italy - and they played MoTH for it! :thumbup:....perhaps i can get to see em on my wedding anniversary - 06.20 - have come close already, but yea...a birthday show would be GREAT! so lucky you for 10.30!

oh and that adelaide poster is AWESOME!
    love it!
    i love, love, love koalas....and the art is just well done. very different from the bulk of pj's posters, but they seem to be doing that this year. it's both a plus and a minus for me, i kinda like how the style of a lot of pj posters complement each other, look good together. very cool tho!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Yes, i am on the cusp...and a fellow new yawkka too. :D
    i sooooo wanted to go to suydney for my birthday this year - even had the go-ahead, but i just couldn't go to oz w/o mr. dream...so alas, have to await another time. 2006 was out of the question - as i went for the 5 italy shows, so not too upset that year ;)...but damnnit, i would LOVE to see pj on my birthday some day!

i've seen em on my father's bday in italy - and they played MoTH for it! :thumbup:....perhaps i can get to see em on my wedding anniversary - 06.20 - have come close already, but yea...a birthday show would be GREAT! so lucky you for 10.30!

oh and that adelaide poster is AWESOME!
    love it!
    i love, love, love koalas....and the art is just well done. very different from the bulk of pj's posters, but they seem to be doing that this year. it's both a plus and a minus for me, i kinda like how the style of a lot of pj posters complement each other, look good together. very cool tho!

You were at those shows in Italy :o Wow, lucky!

It's possible I met you in Philly! I met so many people there, but it was hard to keep track! Philly 3 for my birthday was an incredible gift... I'm still on a high from those shows. It was truly the best birthday present EVER! It's a bummer about Australia... I so wish I was there, it's hard cause I will be going home for Christmas in 3 short weeks... why couldn't they have played there in December!?

Keep everything crossed for those MSG shows in May... maybe on your anniversary :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I will admit that they look better framed and on a wall together than they do individually. But in my opinion, these posters remain the biggest disappointment of the '09 tour ...

Yeah I agree 100% I was hoping for sick posters like the LA shows. I was hoping by night 4 that the poster would have been PJ playing on stage to all the characters, but alas, more characters staring into nothingness. I will admit that I have not done all my research on who all is in the posters and the meaning behind them and all that. But yeah, I was disappointed
  • Sidnum wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I will admit that they look better framed and on a wall together than they do individually. But in my opinion, these posters remain the biggest disappointment of the '09 tour ...

Yeah I agree 100% I was hoping for sick posters like the LA shows. I was hoping by night 4 that the poster would have been PJ playing on stage to all the characters, but alas, more characters staring into nothingness. I will admit that I have not done all my research on who all is in the posters and the meaning behind them and all that. But yeah, I was disappointed

haha.totally differing perspectives.
    can't say i really like any of the LA posters, but most especially, even if i really liked them individually - when a band does a multiple night run in the same venue, i actually PREFER the posters be 'related' in some way. for me, the LA posters are too divergent, so i actually REALLY appreciate the theme for philly. different strokes!

(and my REAL preference, is ONE poster for the full run - such as italy 2006)

tone - let's hope for MSG!
    :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

can't say i really like any of the LA posters, but most especially, even if i really liked them individually - when a band does a multiple night run in the same venue, i actually PREFER the posters be 'related' in some way. for me, the LA posters are too divergent, so i actually REALLY appreciate the theme for philly. different strokes!

MSG!!!!! MSG!!!! :D:D:D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    pdalowsky wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

yeah im on this page too......

although i dont hate them they dont do a thing for me.

but the turd so far of 2009 was the san diego disaster. Wow that was terrible.
    SD was pretty bad too IMO.

That said, I would much rather have a great show with a terrible poster than the reverse ...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    BeerBaron wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

yeah im on this page too......

although i dont hate them they dont do a thing for me.

but the turd so far of 2009 was the san diego disaster. Wow that was terrible.
    SD was pretty bad too IMO.

That said, I would much rather have a great show with a terrible poster than the reverse ...

:thumbup: And Philly was certainly exceptional, regardless of people's thoughts on the posters ;)
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Sidnum wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

Yeah I don't mind if it's a series or anything. Just making the comparison to the LA posters becasue they were actaully cool to me. You could've picked any of them to make a series out of them and it would've been cooler, IMO. I'm just not feelin the whole theme. Yeah I like Italy '06 as well.