Options

Curb your Enthusiasm

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    this season is great, i think the show is actually better without cheryl

Yeah but we need more Leon
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    now THAT was a phenomenal episode :clap::clap:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

The show has been just fine without Cheryl, but some more Leon would be great. Hard to complain though, this season has been hilarious.
  • Options

The show has been just fine without Cheryl, but some more Leon would be great. Hard to complain though, this season has been hilarious.

looks like he returns next week
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730

I thought this episode was horrible. Some of the Larry vs. Gervais stuff was okay I guess but not much.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    I think Larry and Ricky should have their own show together. Their dynamic is so perfect.

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I thought it was a good episode. Not as many laugh out loud moments, but I loved the back and forth between Larry and Ricky!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    I took you for a Spaniard.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    "I never made the Sully connection before".
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Larry revolutionized the way we eat in restaurants.
  • Options

I thought this episode was horrible. Some of the Larry vs. Gervais stuff was okay I guess but not much.

we're clearly not on the same page with this show. :lol:

this week was more about the smaller mundane stuff. loved it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Well not with this episode at least. I've liked this season so far. I thought the last one (Vow of Silence) was terrific. But this one wasn't for me. It was actually kind of annoying to watch after a while.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Well not with this episode at least. I've liked this season so far. I thought the last one (Vow of Silence) was terrific. But this one wasn't for me. It was actually kind of annoying to watch after a while.

see the whole "vow of silence" thing to me was dumb. who takes vows of silences? just didn't seem plausable to me. and, like we talked about before, the premise for moving to ny was really far fetched.

i liked last night's episode because it was based on stuff that can actually happen in every day life.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

see the whole "vow of silence" thing to me was dumb. who takes vows of silences? just didn't seem plausable to me. and, like we talked about before, the premise for moving to ny was really far fetched.

i liked last night's episode because it was based on stuff that can actually happen in every day life.

Eh...I dunno. The "Vow of Silence" came off as something that a crazy, devoted spiritual person might actually do (like the orthodox jew on jumping off the Ski lift). I think stuff in last night's episode like Susie's "splitting the couples" or Larry and Susie bickering during the play are more far-fetched plot-devices than even the Vow of Silence. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on these episodes.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    I felt this past weeks was the weakest from the season. Maybe I need to watch it again
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

Eh...I dunno. The "Vow of Silence" came off as something that a crazy, devoted spiritual person might actually do (like the orthodox jew on jumping off the Ski lift). I think stuff in last night's episode like Susie's "splitting the couples" or Larry and Susie bickering during the play are more far-fetched plot-devices than even the Vow of Silence. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on these episodes.

totally disagree. my cousin splits people up for thanksgiving. so i related to that.

arguing about who gets the aisle seat? who doesn't do that? :lol: great episode.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

totally disagree. my cousin splits people up for thanksgiving. so i related to that.

arguing about who gets the aisle seat? who doesn't do that? :lol: great episode.

Yeah people do it but it doesn't mean it's entertaining to watch. I look forward to the next episode.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Yeah people do it but it doesn't mean it's entertaining to watch. I look forward to the next episode.

...the mundane/every day situation stuff that people can relate to is what has made this show so great from the start. same with seinfeld. it is essentially what the shows are built off of....as is both david's and seinfeld's stand up material.

to each his own though. :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Larry's a hero - he doesn't wait on waiters - he gets his own fuckin food.
  • Options
    Larry's a hero - he doesn't wait on waiters - he gets his own fuckin food.

that shit was hillarious :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

...the mundane/every day situation stuff that people can relate to is what has made this show so great from the start. same with seinfeld. it is essentially what the shows are built off of....as is both david's and seinfeld's stand up material.

Yeah I know. Just THIS EPISODE didn't work for me. I smiled once when Gervais called Seinfeld "broad humor" and laughed at the end when I saw Larry's shoelace caught in the subway door. I just didn't find this episode funny.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Yeah I know. Just THIS EPISODE didn't work for me. I smiled once when Gervais called Seinfeld "broad humor" and laughed at the end when I saw Larry's shoelace caught in the subway door. I just didn't find this episode funny.

why do you hate this show so much? :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Cause the only thing more overrated than this show is Ryan Howard lol

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Cause the only thing more overrated than this show is Ryan Howard lol

seriously. just look at his war! :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    On season 4 right now and just finished watching the episode with Ben Stiller's birthday party. Really liked this episode. The telephone game was hilarious.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    On season 4 right now and just finished watching the episode with Ben Stiller's birthday party. Really liked this episode. The telephone game was hilarious.

I love tits, Lol
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I love tits, Lol
    :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Newch91 wrote:
    great episode
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    great episode
    Yep. The no gift thing actually happened to me before, which made it funnier to watch.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I thought for sure Larry would come out of the bakery with a marble rye.

or a cinnamon babka!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me