Options

Curb your Enthusiasm

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Why don't you stay between the lines of your own goddamn business? Lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312

it was alright...pretty far fetched reason for him to go to new york for 3 months though.

it was also pretty similiar to the seinfeld episode where george lies to susan's parents about him having a house in the hamptons and they didn't believe him.

i wasn't a big fan of them making light of oscar dying too. not my favorite episode.

next week looks funny:
    ld: "so how's your marriage?"
    chris parnel: "what? why would you ask me such a thing??"
    ld: "i was attempting to take small talk up to medium talk." :lol:

It's also pretty far-fetched for Larry to let some free-loading black guy boss him around his own house but ya gotta suspend realism at this point with the show. And I could care less about Oscar dying. He's had his day sniffing bras and biting penises. Now it's time for the pound in the sky.

i was not a fan of the blacks moving in either. :lol: leon just became funny over time.

to me the show is at it's best when it's pointing out the obscenely hillariousness of regular daily activities.

things like the blacks moving in with him so quickly, him taking over a limo driver's route a few years back, and now moving to new york on a whim like this is too much of a stretch for me. it's still gonna be funny as hell. i just like the more mundane stuff which the show was predicated on.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    The chat and cut was gold...even my friend that doesn't like Curb thought that was hysterical!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I got a chance to watch HBO last night. I had to get rid of pay-channels once the little one was born 4 years ago. Oh how I miss Curb.

Last night's episode reminded me how much it is missed.

LD: "You can ask me anything you want."

Vets Wife: "Ok, when was the last time you jacked off?"

LD: "This morning."

PBM

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    We got married last year at the place they filmed the bon voyage party on last night's episode!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    LukinFan wrote:
    Just watched last night's episode - another hilarious episode

Yeah this season is exceeding my expectations. Didn't care for the previous episode but this and all the others have been great.
    You didn't like the episode with Dog? I thought it was great!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    i still think this is one of the funniest things i have ever seen on the show... :lol:

curb-your-enthusiasm-the-smiley-face.JPG
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Watched 'The Doll' the other night. Larry cuts that barbie dolls hair for that little girl and she freaks out. Love how he's checking that rash on his dick in the mirror and that lady walks in and catches him, lol
    :lol::lol: I just finished watching this episode and couldn't stop laughing. The ending was hilarious in the women's bathroom and the little girl walks in and hugs him and then gets freaked out.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Watched 'The Doll' the other night. Larry cuts that barbie dolls hair for that little girl and she freaks out. Love how he's checking that rash on his dick in the mirror and that lady walks in and catches him, lol
    :lol::lol: I just finished watching this episode and couldn't stop laughing. The ending was hilarious in the women's bathroom and the little girl walks in and hugs him and then gets freaked out.

absolutely hilarious episode. one of the best.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

absolutely hilarious episode. one of the best.
    Definitely one of the funniest episodes I've ever seen of any show.

Just watched the Shaq episode. All the good luck that was happening to Larry reminded me of something that would happen to George Costanza, like in "The Opposite" episode, except Larry's luck goes back to normal at the end.

I am loving this show right now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    I STEAL FORKS FROM RESTAURANTS
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm on season 2 now and I think the funniest episode I've watched of the series right now is the season 2 episode, "Trick or Treat". The whole scene with the two teen girls and then the scene with the police at the house had me in tears. And then the part outside the theater, waiting for the movie to start, and Larry whistling the song.

This was probably my favorite line from the episode:

Anti-Wagnerite: Are you Jewish?
    Larry: What?
    Larry: Why? You want to see my penis?

I love when Larry is trying to convince the cops that it's a hate crime because they wrote Bald Asshole on his door. "We're a sect."
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730

it was alright...pretty far fetched reason for him to go to new york for 3 months though.

it was also pretty similiar to the seinfeld episode where george lies to susan's parents about him having a house in the hamptons and they didn't believe him.

i wasn't a big fan of them making light of oscar dying too. not my favorite episode.

next week looks funny:
    ld: "so how's your marriage?"
    chris parnel: "what? why would you ask me such a thing??"
    ld: "i was attempting to take small talk up to medium talk." :lol:

It's also pretty far-fetched for Larry to let some free-loading black guy boss him around his own house but ya gotta suspend realism at this point with the show. And I could care less about Oscar dying. He's had his day sniffing bras and biting penises. Now it's time for the pound in the sky.

i was not a fan of the blacks moving in either. :lol: leon just became funny over time.

to me the show is at it's best when it's pointing out the obscenely hillariousness of regular daily activities.

things like the blacks moving in with him so quickly, him taking over a limo driver's route a few years back, and now moving to new york on a whim like this is too much of a stretch for me. it's still gonna be funny as hell. i just like the more mundane stuff which the show was predicated on.

One thing that gets to me in the show is Larry's pettiness with money. Worrying about the $60 he lent the girl from "The Smiley Face", not accepting a $50 bill that Funkhouser had in his shoe. When is one of these characters gonna say "haven't you made $500 million dollars off Seinfeld"? I know that Larry would respond that it's not about the money, it's the principal of the matter. But seriously, the guy's a gazillionaire and it's flat-out annoying to see him complain about money. He loses the "every man" appeal that works so well when he complains about inappropriate parking, chat and cuts, etc.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    One thing that gets to me in the show is Larry's pettiness with money.

That goes hand-in-hand with the way he looks at everything. Why care if someone "chats and cuts"...it's the principle of the thing.

Larry not complaining about something so mundane would be troubling. :D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730

That goes hand-in-hand with the way he looks at everything. Why care if someone "chats and cuts"...it's the principle of the thing.

PBM

Yeah his complaining works with everything except money...cause he's super rich. Other than money issues, I think I've been on Larry's side of the argument every single time since season 1
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

One thing that gets to me in the show is Larry's pettiness with money. Worrying about the $60 he lent the girl from "The Smiley Face", not accepting a $50 bill that Funkhouser had in his shoe. When is one of these characters gonna say "haven't you made $500 million dollars off Seinfeld"? I know that Larry would respond that it's not about the money, it's the principal of the matter. But seriously, the guy's a gazillionaire and it's flat-out annoying to see him complain about money. He loses the "every man" appeal that works so well when he complains about inappropriate parking, chat and cuts, etc.
    I disagree.
    I don't think it's the pettiness of money or being cheap or whatever, it's just the idea behind it. Like "How dare she not give me the money back...especially if she didn't use it". I would also be reluctant to take money that someone pulled out of his shoe.

Has anyone read the new Rolling Stone interview with him (he's on the cover)? Good stuff!
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm on season 2 now and I think the funniest episode I've watched of the series right now is the season 2 episode, "Trick or Treat". The whole scene with the two teen girls and then the scene with the police at the house had me in tears. And then the part outside the theater, waiting for the movie to start, and Larry whistling the song.

This was probably my favorite line from the episode:

Larry: What?
    Larry: Why? You want to see my penis?

I love when Larry is trying to convince the cops that it's a hate crime because they wrote Bald Asshole on his door. "We're a sect."
    :lol::lol: That whole scene with the cops at their house had me cracking up, especially when he was talking about "trick or treat".
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Has anyone read the new Rolling Stone interview with him (he's on the cover)? Good stuff!
    +1. Definitely a good read.
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Still waiting for mine to come in the mail. Can't wait to read it.
  • Options

PBM

Yeah his complaining works with everything except money...cause he's super rich. Other than money issues, I think I've been on Larry's side of the argument every single time since season 1

i don't have a problem with that really. he is jewish. i think he's trying to perpetuate that stereotype to the highest degree in those cases....in others, not so much :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    "He's a bra sniffing dog!"

Hilarious episode.
  • Options
    Never give up a cabinet!
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    This week's episode was pretty weak except for the whole discussion of how much money it would take for Larry to sit through "Eat, Pray, Love" in a theater. Something tells me Larry wouldn't be on board with "Better Days". :lol:
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Heisenberg wrote:
    This week's episode was pretty weak except for the whole discussion of how much money it would take for Larry to sit through "Eat, Pray, Love" in a theater. Something tells me Larry wouldn't be on board with "Better Days". :lol:
    nor should he be... that song sucks

I think things will pick up in NY
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    Heisenberg wrote:

I agree. Hopefully the NY episodes are better. Gervais this week is a can't miss. And where's Leon?!?!?!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Got mine in the mail today.

It was crammed in my mailbox and is all bent and twisted out of shape.

Who's my mailman, Newman?? :lol:
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Got mine in the mail today.

It was crammed in my mailbox and is all bent and twisted out of shape.

Who's my mailman, Newman?? :lol:
    :lol: You know that if he controls the mail, he also controls...INFORMATION!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Newch91 wrote:
    :lol: You know that if he controls the mail, he also controls...INFORMATION!

:lol:
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Newch91 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I actually thought it would be better - didn't really learn that much about him that I didn't already know. I did love the part about what Jeff said about LeBron James :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    this season is great, i think the show is actually better without cheryl
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...