Options

Curb your Enthusiasm

Comments

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    best episode since funkhouser's joke...so many quotable lines- social assasian, 'can't golf on the sabbath,' you're koufaxing us?...this show has not lost a step.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    lol, larry...lol
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    ComeToTX wrote:
    lol, larry...lol

love noticing all the former seinfeld actors/actresses in curb episodes. this chick was the one elaine and jerry set george up with on a really early episode. george asked if her cheeks had a pinkish hue :lol: ......and the bald due was the door man at mr pitt's building.

also--the lol chick was janice from friends.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Even Suzy's daughter talks to Larry like he's an asshole...

"Get the fuck out of my driveway you bald prick!" Classic!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    ComeToTX wrote:
    lol, larry...lol

love noticing all the former seinfeld actors/actresses in curb episodes. this chick was the one elaine and jerry set george up with on a really early episode. george asked if her cheeks had a pinkish hue :lol: ......and the bald due was the door man at mr pitt's building.

Also lines...."what's not to like?" :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    "no matter what!"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    ComeToTX wrote:
    lol, larry...lol

Yep, it's kinda funny that these characters, who were on Seinfeld...and Larry playing himself and the creator or Seinfeld...has them on his show but as other characters. That's like if Jason Alexander played someone other than George.

Over the many years of Curb, it's also funny how a lot of what happens on the show has already been done before on Seinfeld.
    Just this season...
    Larry in a situation where he's asked to watch something, and it takes the guy forever to come back. That happened with George on Seinfeld.
    Saying LOL instead of laughing and Larry asking why she just doesn't laugh. On Seinfeld there was the saying "that's funny" bit...rather than laughing.

This season has been great so far! :D
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    Another fantastic episode. And I loved Funkhouser right at the very end when Larry is standing between the Jews and the Palestinians. "Larry, don't be dick! Don't be a dick!"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Yep, it's kinda funny that these characters, who were on Seinfeld...and Larry playing himself and the creator or Seinfeld...has them on his show but as other characters. That's like if Jason Alexander played someone other than George.

Over the many years of Curb, it's also funny how a lot of what happens on the show has already been done before on Seinfeld.
    Just this season...
    Larry in a situation where he's asked to watch something, and it takes the guy forever to come back. That happened with George on Seinfeld.
    Saying LOL instead of laughing and Larry asking why she just doesn't laugh. On Seinfeld there was the saying "that's funny" bit...rather than laughing.

Yeah and Susie making that sound after she takes a sip of her drink is a throwback to Elaine complaining how a guy who drank coffee in a college class did the same thing. But I personally think these type of things add to the realism of Curb. If Larry really is supposed to be himself...the creator of Seinfeld, then it's makes sense that stuff he had Seinfeld characters complain about would be the stuff that drives him nuts in "real life"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I have one solid ball
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    edited July 2011
    Lizard wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    lol, larry...lol

also--the lol chick was janice from friends

The guy with the computer was ack ack from one crazy summer I think. Don't know His name right now

Edit: watched episodes 2/3 together last night. My mistake.
    Post edited by LloydXmas on
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    "The Penis doesn't care about race, creed, or color. The penis just wants to get to it's homeland." :lol:

That might be the best line of the season so far
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    "The Penis doesn't care about race, creed, or color. The penis just wants to get to it's homeland." :lol:

That might be the best line of the season so far
    Agreed! I heard that and was rolling! :lol:
  • Options
    Yeah and Susie making that sound after she takes a sip of her drink is a throwback to Elaine complaining how a guy who drank coffee in a college class did the same thing.

Nice catch! Not sure how I didn't pick up on that!
  • Options
    If Larry really is supposed to be himself...the creator of Seinfeld, then it's makes sense that stuff he had Seinfeld characters complain about would be the stuff that drives him nuts in "real life"

What's interesting about that is the one I mentioned before "Larry being asked to watch the laptop" and George more or less being asked the same thing ( I think it was some dude's suitcase) is that Larry wasn't a part of Seinfeld when the George example happened. So its almost like he stole the idea from Seinfeld, even though he wasn't part of the show at that time.
  • Options
    Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    Leon is my hero. JB Smoove is so good as him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P22G8YHv ... re=related

so many amazing quotes
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    it seems this latest episode is so good bc its similiar to old seinfeld episodes...

another similarity- al-abbas chicken and kenny rogers chicken...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    loved the last episode - great stuff
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Can someone tell me what happened at the end? I DVR'd it twice and both times it got cut off despite extending the recording time by 5 minutes. Did Larry end up joining a side?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Can someone tell me what happened at the end? I DVR'd it twice and both times it got cut off despite extending the recording time by 5 minutes. Did Larry end up joining a side?

No. He just kept standing in the middle looking confused.

If I were a betting man, I would wager that he ended up on the side of the chicken.... although we'll probably never know.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Travelar wrote:

If I were a betting man, I would wager that he ended up on the side of the chicken.... although we'll probably never know.

great chicken and a hot chick....no brainer :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Travelar wrote:

AND she was offering up her sister too! Larry would be a goddamn fool to side with Suzy and Funk
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    Travelar wrote:

AND she was offering up her sister too! Larry would be a goddamn fool to side with Suzy and Funk

those palestinians are pretty freaky
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

those palestinians are pretty freaky

she was real nice looking ....

get out of my driveway you bald prick !!!!!!!! :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I don't have HBO and I really want to watch this show. Anyone know a site where I can watch past seasons?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Travelar wrote:

If I were a betting man, I would wager that he ended up on the side of the chicken....
    although we'll probably never know.

I'd be extremely disappointed in Larry if he didn't, lol
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    I don't have HBO and I really want to watch this show. Anyone know a site where I can watch past seasons?

you can download individual episode torrents of season 7 and 8 here: http://bogge.com/tv/curb-your-enthusiasm/

As for seasons 1-6, you can find most of them on isohunt.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

you can download individual episode torrents of season 7 and 8 here: http://bogge.com/tv/curb-your-enthusiasm/

As for seasons 1-6, you can find most of them on isohunt.
    Thanks!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    "If Rabin can break bread with Arafat then I can eat chicken at this anti-semitic shithole".
    - M. Funkhauser.
  • Options
    Forgot to watch this last night. Good thing I DVR'd it! I wonder what Larry's up to this week, lol