Favre...theme song

Comments

• pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    As a lifelong Dallas fan, (although I can't stand T.O.), Favre song will be:

WHY GO as in 0 for 8 in Dallas!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • sgossard3 wrote:
    youre a cardinals and packers fan?? and youre living in portland??... you got issues....

Grew up in Madison, famly has been in St. Louis. Goin to games since early

80's. I was there during the lean, lean years for both teams.

Thanks for looking out though, guy.
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Favre is the best QB ever.
    Brett is one of the all time greats, but his 1 SB ring to Montana's 4 (and probably six for Brady by the time he retires) and the fact that he is the NFL's career leader in interceptions thrown will preclude him from being considered the best QB ever.

Rock out with your cock out Brett
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PEPPER wrote:
    Ditto, I just hope we can shut down TO and sack Tony "flash in the pan" Romo a lot

You're an idiot! Tony is not a flash in the pan!
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • Thanks for all of the love! Good job keeping it positive!
    Love it, keep it up!
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
    T.R. plus T.O. equals TD!
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Brett is one of the all time greats, but his 1 SB ring to Montana's 4 (and probably six for Brady by the time he retires) and the fact that he is the NFL's career leader in interceptions thrown will preclude him from being considered the best QB ever.

Brett is a true gunslinger and that has always gotten him in trouble, but neither Brady nor Montana are/were GREAT QBs....they both had the fortune of playing on some damn good teams. They are game managers, not game changers...neither of them fuck up and get their team's beaten. In a situation less apt for success neither of them would have ever been as highly regarded as they are, although both justly deserve the accolades they have received.

My boy Eli Manning probably wouldn't look like such a loser now if he had landed in a better situation.

Sticking to the thread though, I'll be watching tonight, wishing I had cheesehead to wear
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Poncier wrote:

Super Bowl rings don't matter...Brady and Montana were/are surrounded by more talent and protection over the years BY FAR than Brett has. Plus his #s (despite interceptions), put Brady and Montana and every QB out there to shame. Sorry...Brett will and commonly is now considered the best there's ever been.

And ya can't help but love the dude! :)

Unlike Mr "can't get enough of my self on annoying TV commercials" Peyton M.... :) Or pretty boy Brady....
    but neither Brady nor Montana are/were GREAT QBs....
    This is perhaps the dumbest statement I've ever read on this board, and that is saying a lot.
  • pearljim wrote:
    T.R. plus T.O. equals TD!

T.O. meet Al Harris....equals sorry T.O! :)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Brett is a true gunslinger and that has always gotten him in trouble, but neither Brady nor Montana are/were GREAT QBs....they both had the fortune of playing on some damn good teams. They are game managers, not game changers...neither of them fuck up and get their team's beaten. In a situation less apt for success neither of them would have ever been as highly regarded as they are, although both justly deserve the accolades they have received.

My boy Eli Manning probably wouldn't look like such a loser now if he had landed in a better situation.

Sticking to the thread though, I'll be watching tonight, wishing I had cheesehead to wear

Classic Quote: Neither Brady nor Montana were/are GREAT Quaterbacks. Even I know that Favre is skilled, but the way all the people talk about him on TV, you would think he was Jesus. Here is the difference.....Montana and Brady took bad teams and made them succesful, AND they took GREAT TEAMS and made/are making them some of the BEST EVER. When Favre was on a mediocre or poor team, he was AWFUL..... If you would rather take a gunslinger over a quaterback that can manage and win a game, go for it. I just dont get why you would choose that....

Four super bowls without a single interception. Enough said.
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Super Bowl rings don't matter..
    Of course this statement threatens to top the above statement.

And Brady (prior to this season) surrounded by more talent than Favre?
    C'mon...look at the skill players he won 3 superbowls with.

You cheeseheads are supposed to know football, but I se no evidence of it today.
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Super Bowl rings don't matter...Brady and Montana were/are surrounded by more talent and protection over the years BY FAR than Brett has. Plus his #s (despite interceptions), put Brady and Montana and every QB out there to shame. Sorry...Brett will and commonly is now considered the best there's ever been.

And ya can't help but love the dude! :)

Unlike Mr "can't get enough of my self on annoying TV commercials" Peyton M.... :) Or pretty boy Brady....

Okay, maybe this is the dumbest Quote on this board...

"Super Bowl rings Don't Matter"

In that case, hands down, Todd Marenovich is the best Quaterback ever. He never won a super bowl, but he changed the game!
    Kingmidget wrote:
    T.O. meet Al Harris....equals sorry T.O! :)

The sad part is the majority of fans won't see it as it's on the NFL network :(

Roberto Clemente.
    Tackalac wrote:

In that case, hands down, Todd Marenovich is the best Quaterback ever. He never won a super bowl, but he changed the game!
    Robo-QB!!!!
  • Poncier wrote:
    This is perhaps the dumbest statement I've ever read on this board, and that is saying a lot.

That is indeed saying a lot....All I am saying though is that both of those guys probably wouldn't have done such great things if they had been stuck with lesser teams although both are definitely damn good QBs, just not ones who could have overcome the lack of talent surrounding them, like Eli...you can't deny that.

Also, I too am of the opinion that Super Bowl rings aren't the measure of a great quarterback. If you go by the "Super Bowl rings equals greatness" idea, that means Dan Marino wasn't a good quarterback and John Elway suddenly became a good quarterback during his last three seasons. That would also mean that Terry Bradshaw was one bad sumbitch....again, great team

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Watch this video and be amazed. If everyone watches this video they will be convinced that Favre is the best QB ever. No other quarterback has the ability to make plays like Favre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Fz1nSAnHY

If you want a Highlight Film, Look at this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gI04sb7fhI

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3-7uJH4mik
    That is indeed saying a lot....All I am saying though is that both of those guys probably wouldn't have done such great things if they had been stuck with lesser teams although both are definitely damn good QBs, just not ones who could have overcome the lack of talent surrounding them, like Eli...you can't deny that
    Are you trying to say Eli is a better QB than Tom Brady or Joe Montana?

Oh my.
  • Tackalac wrote:
    Classic Quote: Neither Brady nor Montana were/are GREAT Quaterbacks. Even I know that Favre is skilled, but the way all the people talk about him on TV, you would think he was Jesus. Here is the difference.....Montana and Brady took bad teams and made them succesful, AND they took GREAT TEAMS and made/are making them some of the BEST EVER. When Favre was on a mediocre or poor team, he was AWFUL..... If you would rather take a gunslinger over a quaterback that can manage and win a game, go for it. I just dont get why you would choose that....

Four super bowls without a single interception. Enough said.

Hmmm...so it was just Brady and Montana that made those teams improve...ah better check up on your NFL history. And, well, tell me how Brett has broken so many records if he's been so AWEFUL on mediocre teams, which is what the Packers had for over half of Brett's career. Its also funny you would state this when Brett's playing so stellar on the youngest, least experienced team in the league.

He's Jesus to a few. To most of us he's just a cool role model (went through some shit and came out on top), incredible athlete, THE most rugged QB ever, the kind of guy ya feel you could sit down and have a beer with, somone whose been many losses, tragedys, and basically one of the most dedicated athletes the NFL has seen. One of the best if not THE best in my book.
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    jimed14 wrote:
    awww, this thread is cute ... I remember when I used to fret about close games ... good luck tonight.

signed ...

annoying Patriots fan :D
    you mean like remember all the way back to sunday when your 'perfect' team only pulled out a victory against my lowly eagles because our backup qb gave the game to you at the end? must've been a stretch to remember back that far. :p
  • Tackalac wrote:
    Okay, maybe this is the dumbest Quote on this board...

"Super Bowl rings Don't Matter"

The Hall of Fame is full of players thought to be the best in their positions without Super Bowl rings...hmmm..maybe they shouldn't be there.

Wise up.
    nfanel wrote:
    you mean like remember all the way back to sunday when your 'perfect' team only pulled out a victory against my lowly eagles because our backup qb gave the game to you at the end? must've been a stretch to remember back that far. :p
    A win is still a win gorgeous.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Are you trying to say Eli is a better QB than Tom Brady or Joe Montana?

Oh my.

No, I am saying that if Brady or Montana had been put in a similar situation they wouldn't have been such hot shit either. I'm merely saying that Eli could look like a fuckin' superman playing with the Patriots

• nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Poncier wrote:
    A win is still a win gorgeous.
    true. just pointing out that there *was* one close game in recents pats history. :p who woulda thought?? not me!
  • Kingmidget wrote:
    The Hall of Fame is full of players thought to be the best in their positions without Super Bowl rings...hmmm..maybe they shouldn't be there.

Wise up.

Rings certainlly help - look at Lynn Swann compared to Art Monk.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• hidinghiding Posts: 290
    ok ok ok

you are all off topic...

this is the theme song thread. start another thread about your favorite qb.
    mine is brett!!

been a packer fan since the day i was born. went to my first game in 77'

yes 1977.
    we might only have brett for this year yet and maybe 1-2 more. then it will be back to the old days when you could basically get into a packer game for free if you wanted to. i remember those days, so everybody chill and just let us enjoy our last few days in the sun.

BLOOD
    one love

respect
    Kingmidget wrote:

Wise up.
    And its loaded with players who's regular season stats are not much more than mediocre (look up Terry Bradshaw's career stats, including some beauties like TD/INT ratio and completion pct.) but rose up amd won when it counted.

To quote the loveable Herm Edwards "you play the game to win".

Do you think Dan Marino relishes his one Super Bowl loser's ring more than Montana or Bradshaw relish their 4 winner's rings?
  • pearljim wrote:
    The sad part is the majority of fans won't see it as it's on the NFL network :(

Yaaa...its a bummer...I almost scapped my dish, but I'm glad now..even if I'll probably have 20 people over tonight. I know of people heading to the sports bars by 4:00 to grab seats.
    No, I am saying that if Brady or Montana had been put in a similar situation they wouldn't have been such hot shit either. I'm merely saying that Eli could look like a fuckin' superman playing with the Patriots
    No, Eli couldn't even look like Robin with the Pats, he was born in the very shallow end of the Manning family gene pool. Cooper was a more skilled player before his infirmities.
  • Poncier wrote:
    No, Eli couldn't even look like Robin with the Pats, he was born in the very shallow end of the Manning family gene pool. Cooper was a more skilled player before his infirmities.

Where you from anyways? To say Eli is a no talent obviously means you never saw him play at Ole Miss and just as stupid a statement as what you tried to make it sound like I was saying initially