Favre...theme song

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Hmmm...so it was just Brady and Montana that made those teams improve...ah better check up on your NFL history. And, well, tell me how Brett has broken so many records if he's been so AWEFUL on mediocre teams, which is what the Packers had for over half of Brett's career. Its also funny you would state this when Brett's playing so stellar on the youngest, least experienced team in the league.

He's Jesus to a few. To most of us he's just a cool role model (went through some shit and came out on top), incredible athlete, THE most rugged QB ever, the kind of guy ya feel you could sit down and have a beer with, somone whose been many losses, tragedys, and basically one of the most dedicated athletes the NFL has seen. One of the best if not THE best in my book.

WOW.....you totally have no idea what I am saying.

Listen carefully.....

The NFL needs Brett Favre to sell jersey and gear to middle America, so they are letting his team win all these games. In fact, half the time, Brett isnt the one on the field, that is why there are no close ups. It is Jay Schroeder.

Brett Favre is one of the best quaterbacks in the third tier...so from he ranks near the top of the 300's, like at 308 or 307...just behind Bobby Hebert and, oddly enough, infront of his predecessor, Magic Majowski......
    Rings certainlly help - look at Lynn Swann compared to Art Monk.

Who is Art Monk?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Where you from anyways? To say Eli is a no talent obviously means you never saw him play at Ole Miss and just as stupid a statement as what you tried to make it sound like I was saying initially
    I watched plenty of Eli at Ole Miss, and just like the earlier mentioned Todd Marinovich and the likes of Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer et al, success in college does not equal success in the NFL.
    Eli does not have what it takes to be a superior NFL QB, he'll be a career middle of the pack guy and thats all.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Tackalac wrote:

Listen carefully.....

The NFL needs Brett Favre to sell jersey and gear to middle America, so they are letting his team win all these games. In fact, half the time, Brett isnt the one on the field, that is why there are no close ups. It is Jay Schroeder.

Brett Favre is one of the best quaterbacks in the third tier...so from he ranks near the top of the 300's, like at 308 or 307...just behind Bobby Hebert and, oddly enough, infront of his predecessor, Magic Majowski......

GOOD LORD!!!!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    PEPPER wrote:
    You wait in 3 years you look and see where Romo is. After Wade Phillips destroys another team and TO flips out Romo is going to be on an island
    Oahu?
    Where they play the pro bowl?
    Tackalac wrote:

This is just as bad as the cheeseheads saying Romo is a flash in the pan.
    Favre is a top 10 QB all time, just not #1.

(And I used to love watching Bobby Hebert)
  • Explaining how Favre is the greatest QB ever is like trying to explain to other people why Pearl Jam is a great band.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Poncier wrote:
    Eli does not have what it takes to be a superior NFL QB, he'll be a career middle of the pack guy and thats all.

I agree with that wholeheartedly and don't lecture me about the "college success does not equal pro success" thing. It certainly doesn't equal pro success, but there have been many many half-ass pro quarterbacks who could have been more if they had not been stuck on shitty teams. Eli would not be as bad as he appears with a better team

Brady, on the other hand, had yet to put his superman cape on when he left Michigan....could it be he's a middle-of-the-road QB who appears to be a great QB because of the team he plays on? Definitely
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Poncier wrote:
    And its loaded with players who's regular season stats are not much more than mediocre (look up Terry Bradshaw's career stats, including some beauties like TD/INT ratio and completion pct.) but rose up amd won when it counted.

To quote the loveable Herm Edwards "you play the game to win".

Do you think Dan Marino relishes his one Super Bowl loser's ring more than Montana or Bradshaw relish their 4 winner's rings?

A pretty famous coach in the 60's in Green Bay has a much more famous quote saying the same thing. I'm not arguing that point.

Why a quarterback or any other position should be judged largely on wins is ridiculous. Again, most of the QBs, others with the most rings did not get to that point because they were the best at their position. They were often simply on the best all around team.

Regardless of how these last games play out, my guess is Green Bay will have fewer Pro Bowlers than many teams at the end of the year. Something the 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc never experienced...when they went all the way or had a great season they also had more Pro Bowlers than anyone. I don't think thats EVER been the case for Green Bay, which just points even more to Favre's contributions and leadership beyond so many other QBs.
  • hidinghiding Posts: 290
    in three years romo will be at best a second string qb and paying child support to brittany spears and jessica simpson!!!
    one love

respect
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Explaining how Favre is the greatest QB ever is like trying to explain to other people why Pearl Jam is a great band.

Totally, except that you dont have to lie or exaggerate with Pearl Jam...
    hiding wrote:
    in three years romo will be at best a second string qb and paying child support to brittany spears and jessica simpson!!!
    With a very happy penis.
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    "DEEP" would be a good one!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Tackalac wrote:

Listen carefully.....

Brilliant sense of humor..
    Kingmidget wrote:

Regardless of how these last games play out, my guess is Green Bay will have fewer Pro Bowlers than many teams at the end of the year. Something the 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc never experienced...when they went all the way or had a great season they also had more Pro Bowlers than anyone. .
    Again, you need to check facts.
    Please look up how many pro bowlers the Pats had each of their 3 SB seasons and get back to me. The total for the 3 years is single digits my uninformed friend.
  • hidinghiding Posts: 290
    Poncier wrote:
    With a very happy penis.

gross! i would f^%$ either of those sluts, not even with your pen15
    one love

respect
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 168
    To those without NFL Network or access to a bar tonight, try this out:

http://www.nfl.com/live?icampaign=live0001
  • I agree with that wholeheartedly and don't lecture me about the "college success does not equal pro success" thing. It certainly doesn't equal pro success, but there have been many many half-ass pro quarterbacks who could have been more if they had not been stuck on shitty teams. Eli would not be as bad as he appears with a better team

Brady, on the other hand, had yet to put his superman cape on when he left Michigan....could it be he's a middle-of-the-road QB who appears to be a great QB because of the team he plays on? Definitely

Throw Brady behind the often mediocre offensive line of the Packers and he wouldn't look so pretty... Brett would be bored behind the Pats line (well OK, he'd probably love it)
  • Tackalac wrote:
    Who is Art Monk?

#81 Played with Theisman, Riggins, on the Redskins Superbowl teams of the 80's

Set the record for most receptions in the early 90's
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Kingmidget wrote:

Regardless of how these last games play out, my guess is Green Bay will have fewer Pro Bowlers than many teams at the end of the year. Something the 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc never experienced...when they went all the way or had a great season they also had more Pro Bowlers than anyone. I don't think thats EVER been the case for Green Bay, which just points even more to Favre's contributions and leadership beyond so many other QBs.

Brady has done more with less and a lot more with more. Got it. Good.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Guys,

You're Hijacking My Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start Your Own Thread For Eli, Montana, Brady!!!!!!!!!!!

This One Is Reserved For Favre Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and I Say This With Complete Kindness)
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Brady has done more with less and a lot more with more. Got it. Good.

Brady has done more with more, and never had less.
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Brilliant sense of humor..

THANK YOU....at least someone understands that Brett Favre doesnt actually even "play" football anymore. He was/is so good that he quit trying at the request of the league. (the exact moment was at the halftime in the Superbowl against the Broncos) If he really did play, he could have won eight or twenty straight Superbowls. In return, they built him a everlasting Vicodin gobstopper and will allow him to win it all this year and ride off into the sunset.
    #81 Played with Theisman, Riggins, on the Redskins Superbowl teams of the 80's

Set the record for most receptions in the early 90's

Oh boy......I was backing up the point being made......you must be american...
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    Favre needs to get mark chamura back so they can hit on 17 year-old girls. then he can be in the same class as Romo and Brady with women.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Brady has done more with less and a lot more with more. Got it. Good.

Can't kid a kidder. Wrong!
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    <<<<<<Regardless of how these last games play out, my guess is Green Bay will have fewer Pro Bowlers than many teams at the end of the year. Something the 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc never experienced...when they went all the way or had a great season they also had more Pro Bowlers than anyone. I don't think thats EVER been the case for Green Bay, which just points even more to Favre's contributions and leadership beyond so many other QBs.>>>>>

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/pb1996.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/pb1997.htm

Looks like 5 one year and 6 the next year, including Favre, this is from the two years they went to the SB in the 90's, that's not to bad.

Oh and how about "Nothingman" since Farve is 0-8 at Texas Stadium......
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Cob wrote:
    <<<<<<Regardless of how these last games play out, my guess is Green Bay will have fewer Pro Bowlers than many teams at the end of the year. Something the 49ers, Cowboys, Patriots, etc never experienced...when they went all the way or had a great season they also had more Pro Bowlers than anyone. I don't think thats EVER been the case for Green Bay, which just points even more to Favre's contributions and leadership beyond so many other QBs.>>>>>

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/pb1996.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/misc/pb1997.htm

Looks like 5 one year and 6 the next year, including Favre, this is from the two years they went to the SB in the 90's, that's not to bad.

The Packers and Dallas will have more probowlers than any team, because the NFC sucks and the AFC is stacked.
  • Tackalac wrote:
    THANK YOU....at least someone understands that Brett Favre doesnt actually even "play" football anymore. He was/is so good that he quit trying at the request of the league. (the exact moment was at the halftime in the Superbowl against the Broncos) If he really did play, he could have won eight or twenty straight Superbowls. In return, they built him a everlasting Vicodin gobstopper and will allow him to win it all this year and ride off into the sunset.

Brett beat Vicodin...hopefully you'll defeat whatever drug your struggling with!
  • Oh yeah I forgot who holds more MVP's than anyone else?