Pearl Jam ACL show airing 11/21

12346»

Comments

• SOLAT319 wrote:

I love your avatar pic. It's so cute. what a great smile! :D

I am anxiously waiting for my ACL airing at midnight by the way :)

oh.....thanks!
    i hear some people didn't get it until 3am. yikes!

and yeah, i hope they release the whole thing one day.
    i hear CrAzY mArY was off da hook!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• here's the link to ACL store. lets see how long it will take for pj to pop up. :roll:

http://www.shoppbs.org/family/index.jsp ... cp=1378003

• upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    edited November 2009
    What a great show…
    seemed like it took Ed 3 or 4 songs to get into it. and it also seemed like he had stretched himself vocally so much he was having a difficult time hitting some notes……..but once he strapped the guitar back on for lukin, it seemed like he was a bit more comfortable.
    And you could tell he wasn’t happy having the camera in front of his face; he’d always turn away. 

And Mike………….wow. Played his heart out, especially when the camera was on him (ya HAM!!)…..the end of inside job was wonderful, he flippin’ rocked it hard core during red mosquito, not to mention Ben Harper had them going somewhere crazy during the jam, and, the porch was an old school fast version jam……..(which was great to hear.)

Pretty freaking solid. Like I said I was disappointed with the beginning, a bit tough vocally for Ed, but by the end it was terrific.
    Post edited by upina2001 on

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,547
    here's the link to ACL store. lets see how long it will take for pj to pop up. :roll:

http://www.shoppbs.org/family/index.jsp ... cp=1378003

Would love a CD+DVD combo set! If PJ does go that route, set will be for sale after the new year!
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I will have this in the next few days if anyone needs it, be patient with the holiday and all :)
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • IAMOIAMO Posts: 24
    PJ kicked ass on “Austin City Limits”… and in glorious HD… awesome show!
    Cartoonist and Character Designer >> i-a-m-o.blogspot.com
  • there is a torrent of an HD copy floating around the net.....gonna watch it tonight!!
    there is a torrent of an HD copy floating around the net.....gonna watch it tonight!!

I've been watching it the past few day's on my PS3!
    I'm lovin' it! 8-)
  • GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    MadNancy wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    I love seeing them again-it seems so long now since Philly.
    I forgot it was on, had it taping and we went out with the kids to see a blues band at our favorite biker bar-got home just before midnite. What a nice surprise- PJ coming on! I watched it twice thru. Daddy snoozed. Its so nice to have some new PJ on the DVR. Watched again yesterday and this am I must be hooked. Well thats my band though and they are looking and sounding mighty fine these days better than ever 8-)
    That's funny, my husband fell asleep while it was on, too! I thought he was nuts considering how loud I had the volume. He didn't wake up until Porch came on!
    That makes 3 sleeping husbands! But I think mine is a bit jealous and would rather just avoid watching me watch them.
    Great show. Watching it again (5th time or so) now. The audience is as subdued as I've ever seen one - maybe the wounded warriors they played to weren't the biggest fans before the show -I bet they are now.
  • na, make that 4. :mrgreen:

at 1am --- I'm trying to get some sleep. pearl jam isn't that important.
    me: oh shut up! all you're going to do tomorrow is watch damn football anyway. (well really i said buttball because that's what i call it)

• llovellove Posts: 106
    na, make that 4. :mrgreen:

at 1am --- I'm trying to get some sleep. pearl jam isn't that important.
    me: oh shut up! all you're going to do tomorrow is watch damn football anyway. (well really i said buttball because that's what i call it)

Now we are up to 5. Hubby fell asleep in the recliner during Johnny Guitar!! How could he fall asleep during this awesome show? I wish he would enjoy them as much as I do...oh well. :? Can't have it all but I'd like to. ;)
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    there is a torrent of an HD copy floating around the net.....gonna watch it tonight!!

Just finished watching it. Good stuff indeed!

McCready looks about the best I've ever seen him on this film. He's looking sharp. 8-)
  • kasekase Posts: 22
    where is the full show video ?
  • i just see Lisa in the show!!!!!great girl.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    kase wrote:
    where is the full show video ?

That's all the pro-shot broadcasted video we are able to get. If they do release this officially on DVD or Bluray, I hope they include the complete experience. But I doubt that would happen.
  • watching it in london on right now, rogers channel 525 hd

ed's voice sounds like crap so far (upto amongst the waves)...hopefully it gets better
  • This may be redundant for everyone, but you can watch 56 minutes of the show online at:
    http://video.pbs.org/video/1335500400
    We're pumped ... great show. Looks like a dead crowd, except for Ten Club members up higher in the stands. What a setlist! Shows their musical prowess and deiversity. Great selection of songs.
    livefree wrote:
    Looks like a dead crowd, except for Ten Club members up higher in the stands.

You sure 10club member's were higher in the stands? Cause I know a few friends who were in the first few row's in the front, who are 10club member's for year's.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    this was finally shown in St. Louis yesterday on PBS...what a show..it was something special
  • pjalive21 wrote:
    this was finally shown in St. Louis yesterday on PBS...what a show..it was something special

Hello fellow St. Louisan. :wave: It was awesome wasn't it? ;)
  • Did they purposely skip Driven to Tears or did they just not play?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,785
    Jstein1978 wrote:
    Did they purposely skip Driven to Tears or did they just not play?

Thats a good question. But, my guess is they skipped it.