Pearl Jam ACL show airing 11/21

Comments

• Midnight here in Atlanta on PBS. No HD...
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    I've been checking my comcast guide daily here in DE and it doesn't appear as though we're going to get to see this show here. I've got The Swell Season on NJN tonight at midnight and nothing even remotely resembling an ACL performance shows up on the guide for the next three weeks.

Stupid local PBS. :x
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    :cry: what about us poor brits and fellow europeans :cry:

Really? Have u not been paying attention to the generousity of this bunch?
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Not on any of the PBS stations here in South Jersey, this stinks! :x
  • chaslilchaslil Posts: 312
    It hardly makes sense to say PBS is "stupid" etc. because local affiliates choose to delay broadcast. Be grateful there is a cool show like ACL in the first place. You aren't going to see any Pearl Jam on commercial networks.

Charles
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • let him smoke. he knows what it does to his voice
    +1.people must do what they like,cant push them to do what we like.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not like an anti-smoking activist or anything, but I myself don't smoke and would encourage people not to (especially young folks). I'm not trying to push anybody to do anything - Ed or any other adult who wants to smoke can go ahead and smoke. I'm just expressing that it does have a very noticeable effect on his voice - the tool of his trade so to speak.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • OpenOpen Posts: 792
    Good news for those whose affiliates are delaying the broadcast or not broadcasting the show at all. It looks like the episode will be available online starting the 22nd....

http://austincitylimits.org/typography/ ... -pearl-jam
  • i can't fucking wait!!

friggin willie nelson is on now but pj will be on pass midnight!

til then i'll be having some cold ones. ;)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• BeerBaron wrote:
    Can't seem to figure out when this airs in Toronto. I thought our PBS feed was WNED (Buffalo), but apparently WNED plays it Friday night and Saturday night but my TV doesn't' list it either day. At all.

Anyone?

http://www.wned.org/tv/features.asp?type=music

Im in Hamilton and it airs Sunday (22nd) at 3am...do a search for it if possible. It is on a higher level HD channel. Hope that helps :)
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    To all those who are putting public television down because they're not coming through with a sufficient time, why don't you try calling your local station...these stations are public for a reason. Viewer input is not only appreciated, but it's possible that they don't even know that there's some people who may be interested because feedback is important.

You never know til you ask, you just might get what you're asking for.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I'm up in Portland visiting family and apparently Willie Nelson is on tonight and Pearl Jam is on next week. That stinks. atleast i'll have it dvr'd when i get back to CA.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    Pearl Jam ACL PBS Halifax, NS 4:00am slot!

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/austin-c ... EP00000439

Sun 11/22 4:00-5:00am
    Channel 35 WTVS

Eastlink Digital Cable!

:)
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    To all those who are putting public television down because they're not coming through with a sufficient time, why don't you try calling your local station...these stations are public for a reason. Viewer input is not only appreciated, but it's possible that they don't even know that there's some people who may be interested because feedback is important.

You never know til you ask, you just might get what you're asking for.

Good point...maybe that would help.

My beef is WHY is the broadcast time so late in MOST States. Big hoopla about ACL being THE best televised live music show, the 35th anniversary' diverse GREAT performers this year and here in parts of the Midwest its being broadcasted at 11 PM?? WTF?? Guess to PBS it must not be any concern...

I'll catch a rerun...I'm crashed at 11 on Sunday nights. Good move PBS :roll:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I discovered that if you look on your local PBS station they have different programs airing on different versions of their station.

The PBS station here in Tampa had FOUR different programs on at 11pm and I had to look on my cable list to find the station that had Austin City Limits. It's on station 605 instead of the most commonly watched #3.

Look it up people. It's probably the same in your area. The cable company has four different versions of the PBS station in your area!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Kingmidget wrote:
    My beef is WHY is the broadcast time so late in MOST States. Big hoopla about ACL being THE best televised live music show, the 35th anniversary' diverse GREAT performers this year and here in parts of the Midwest its being broadcasted at 11 PM?? WTF?? Guess to PBS it must not be any concern...

I'll catch a rerun...I'm crashed at 11 on Sunday nights. Good move PBS :roll:

yeah it's weird what time they put it on. maybe PBS is just used to cattering to nerds and not us PJers. jk! ;)
    here it doesn't air til 12:30AM
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,380
    Philadelphia
    Direct TV
    station and time?

Thanks
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    I've got OPB in Eugene, but the guide nor the ACL site have it on for tonight, WTF??? Its on the 27th??? Seriously, I can't see this in Eugene tonight, WTF??? Please tell me I'm wrong, WTF???

Anybody in Oregon? I've had this on my calendar for a while, :| Oh well, I've got Lawrence Welk doing Christmas songs... :roll: :? I'm so dissappointed :evil:
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • Aired here in Austin at 7 p.m. Probably gets some priority here, but don't fear, you can watch the full ep (and others from this season) at www.video.pbs.org . One of the high points for me was Lukin with STRINGS! I thought that was really cool. Army Reserve (with "wounded warriors," as Ed called them, in the crowd) and Inside Job were other great performances. Mike busted out the double neck! I guess that's normal, but I've never seen that song done live before. Just Breathe and The End was a nice way to start the show. Good overall performance. The band definitely seemed honored to play the show and venue. Probably the most excited I've been for an ACL show :)
  • Ed's voice seemed really harsh during The End. Didn't like the two-slow-song opener. Then The Fixer? Blech (even my semi-fan wife said "I don't like this....it's too poppy"). But it amped up after that.

Do The F**king Evolution. Awesome. My band is for sure going to cover this.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    I think he's been having some vocal problems on this tour. He referenced it at one of the LA shows. Hopefully he just needs some vocal rest and it's not anything more serious.

Ed's voice seemed really harsh during The End. Didn't like the two-slow-song opener. Then The Fixer? Blech (even my semi-fan wife said "I don't like this....it's too poppy"). But it amped up after that.

Do The F**king Evolution. Awesome. My band is for sure going to cover this.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • The Show was awesome...Amongst the Waves Sounds amazing live...I cant wait to hear it live next year when they Tour. Great Jobs Guys keep up the great work and activism!!!! Tampa and Boston 2010!!!
    This could be the day
  • Ed's voice seemed really harsh during The End.
    in parts, yeah. but he settled in after that.
  • The band sounded great but that audience looked like a still photograph of an audience. :| Crowd must have been PBS sponsors with just a few PJ fans sprinkled in here & there. Wish I'd been there though.
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • Had it all set up on the dvr, sat down to watch it ........channel not purchased......Will not air until 11-27 in Portland OR. If anyone knows how I may watch it sooner please post or e-mail me.
  • SL240302 wrote:
    Had it all set up on the dvr, sat down to watch it ........channel not purchased......Will not air until 11-27 in Portland OR. If anyone knows how I may watch it sooner please post or e-mail me.

up on austincitylimits.org so far two songs are available. assume more come up as the night passes.

kind of pissed it is not being aired in HD. WTF?
    I'll scream my lungs out until I fill this thread.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    SL240302 wrote:
    Had it all set up on the dvr, sat down to watch it ........channel not purchased......Will not air until 11-27 in Portland OR. If anyone knows how I may watch it sooner please post or e-mail me.

up on austincitylimits.org so far two songs are available. assume more come up as the night passes.

kind of pissed it is not being aired in HD. WTF?

I thought it was in HD. My problem is that KTCS seattle isn't airing it on their HD channel on Dec. 21st.. ugh. I'll DVR it then, if it doesn't show in HD on the net before that.
  • Aired in HD in the tampa area, and i got it on dvr!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Nowhere to be found on any of the PBS channels here in Scottsdale/Phoenix...

:(
  • DariusDarius Posts: 89
    just watched the show

sick i tells ya

Pearl Jam kicks all kinds of ass...I hope we get the ACL Fest show on DVD

Thanks again for comin to Texas!
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    I'm loving it! With just 10 minutes to go!
    It's close to 5am now! So want more! :|