There ARE Some kind Fellow Fans on HERE...

EPOTTSIIIEPOTTSIII Posts: 190
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Just wanted to thank JM144705!
Sending me something I have been searching for for a long time!
Every once and a while there are a select few that will take care of you when You least expect it.
Post some of your experiences with giving members, it is nice to hear...
9/29/1996 NY
9/1&2/2000 Camden
7/6/2003 Camden
5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Evergreen sent 10 people (me being one of them) the special edition of Spin magazine.

Catefrances sent me a special edition of a cd (The Armada) that could only be found in Australia.

Neither wanted any money, or anything in return. I was dumbfounded. Those two people EASILY overshadow all of the negative nellies I've come across here! :D

And I intend to pay it forward (and back, if the opportunity should arrise).
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Wolfbear is just a pure star!!!
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    if we don't spread the jam...

we are all toast!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:

we are all toast!

here's another truly generous fan!
    have to count myself as fortunate to know soooo many generous fans, and not just generous...but totally FUN! i've met so many people here and on tours....soooo many GREAT people! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• embraceembrace Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    Cheers to prljmr2002tii who always spreads the love and is a beautiful person inside and out!

I have met the most incredible group of people in the PJ community- thank you all :)
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    D is always giving on here
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I agree this is a very thoughtful caring group and I have met such wonderful fans at the shows- this is like the icing on the Pearl Jam cake :P
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,272
    Wolfbear is amazingly generous, sent me copies of the Special edition spin. Made my buddy and i's week. :D
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • I gotta go w/LukinFan and igotid...for reasons i cant reveal entirely
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Digital Twilight gave me his spare SBE ticket, he is a hero of mine :-)

Dunk who shared his Ouzo with a bunch of us after the O2, Sean of the Dead, she is just amazing. Loved the badges she made for the tour.

So many people just blew me away with kindness and fun at the 3 gigs I was at.

A 10c member offered us tickets at no cost rather than sell them to a tout. Luckily I found a guy who was desperate for a ticket, I sorted him one for nothing. Never got the name of the guy who gave the ticket but I got a drink out of it so whoever you are, I owe you the first round next time :-)

I love you all infact. Never met any group of people that I like more than 10c'ers.

Peace
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    La Menina (ued to be WesterSky) is my girl!! I've told this story many times but it never gets old. Had an ipod/computer disaster a few years back and without me even asking she sent me copies of all the albums a few bootlegs and even some mixes she made for me! Coolest chick ever! Hi Nora ;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    edited November 2009
    Yoke hooked me up with one of the EV philly jersey shirts and surprised me with a few awesome boots along with it. Also, D helped make my search for the shirt easier by offering to pass along some boots to the person who offered me the shirt. But we all know how helpful D is :D

And after I bought a Toronto poster in the presale for Hawk123, he was also nice enough to send me some awesome boots.

And most recently, the awesome elwayvedder and rftucker pre-ordered Philly posters for the two shows I wasn't able to get 10c tickets for.

I love the people on this board; I like to think that there are more of us helpful kind here on the Pit than not.
    Post edited by hinx on
  • This post is awesome... ... ... feel the love!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Just last week I posted some of the Special Edition Spin for trade, and really was expecting nothing...How wrong I was!! A true brother on here and I have been PMing back and forth for a few days, and worked out a deal that is a win/win for both of us!! Feel the love!! :D
  • arq is the man!! Thanks again.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    there's so many people here sending some serious good vibes, but I have to say thanks to Mr pdaloswy, he is in my top 5, he's my togo guy when i have any question about PJ memorabilia, he always go the extra mile for any of my dumb questions :mrgreen:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    aww these posts make me feel all warm and fuzzy. :mrgreen: or maybe it's the cider.. :think: ;)

so many good people here. I have fallen deeply in like with quite a few. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • xsmytxxsmytx Posts: 162
    BUBBA sent me a backspacer Target shirt after the Target by me lost all the shirts and couldn't find them!! BUBBA sent it straight to me and I received it SO Quick!! Bubba also didnt want anything for it! What a nice guy! I've been working on a painting that he will be getting Very Shortly ;)
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited November 2009
    i just got a magazine from a greek fellow we all know. ;)
    ...with pj on the cover.
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• i've had pretty much alllllll good experiences with trades and stuff here...we're good people!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    philthehip wrote:
    Dunk who shared his Ouzo with a bunch of us after the O2, Sean of the Dead, she is just amazing. Loved the badges she made for the tour.

so are you the feller who, when asked to guess my age, figured I was 14 (or was it 15)? :? :P ;):mrgreen:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Locked is my main man, he started out by sending me tshirts and stuff from the US 2008 tour......
    and today I received the special edition SPIN mag + nice little extras...and he wants nothing in return...

Locked, you are truly an amazing guy, thank you again !!!!!!!!

extra kudos to D and Lukinfan amongst other traders from the "basecamp"

Love and peace to all fellow jammers !
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• I don't like to toot my own horn but....I'm pretty awesome too!!....ah...who am i kidding...i love to toot my own horn! it feels great!!

..........that's not what i meant....you sick bastards!
  • philthehip wrote:
    Digital Twilight gave me his spare SBE ticket, he is a hero of mine :-)

So many people just blew me away with kindness and fun at the 3 gigs I was at.

A 10c member offered us tickets at no cost rather than sell them to a tout. Luckily I found a guy who was desperate for a ticket, I sorted him one for nothing. Never got the name of the guy who gave the ticket but I got a drink out of it so whoever you are, I owe you the first round next time :-)

I love you all infact. Never met any group of people that I like more than 10c'ers.

Peace

dunk?!
    dunk shared....something...anything?!
    wow!
    :lol:

j/k.

and....sooo agree. there are far too many people over the years who have been unbelievably generous with me, too many to count/name. definitely feel blessed. what a community! 8-)

and crazy breed, who the hell you think you're foolin'!
    of COURSE that's what you meant, and we all know it!
    :twisted:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    Brisk. Is MY hero. Word. So thankful!!!
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Evergreen sent 10 people (me being one of them) the special edition of Spin magazine.

Catefrances sent me a special edition of a cd (The Armada) that could only be found in Australia.

Neither wanted any money, or anything in return. I was dumbfounded. Those two people EASILY overshadow all of the negative nellies I've come across here! :D

And I intend to pay it forward (and back, if the opportunity should arrise).

How do you like The Armada? We're you a fan of The Tea Party?
  • There are Witches totally did me a solid in Philly and will always be thankful. Good people too :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • locked wrote:

we are all toast!
    i feel the same..so yes..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Hell yeah there are to many for me to name that i consider freinds just from meetups to actually attending shows with, keep up the great vibes .... :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • One letter comes to mind......D :D:D:D
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.