There ARE Some kind Fellow Fans on HERE...

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Not been on here long but Lone Wolf has been an absolute star! ..and Brisk has been great too...
    :D:D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mr_canada wrote:
    Evergreen sent 10 people (me being one of them) the special edition of Spin magazine.

Catefrances sent me a special edition of a cd (The Armada) that could only be found in Australia.

Neither wanted any money, or anything in return. I was dumbfounded. Those two people EASILY overshadow all of the negative nellies I've come across here! :D

And I intend to pay it forward (and back, if the opportunity should arrise).

How do you like The Armada? We're you a fan of The Tea Party?

HUGE Tea party fan. Saw them on every tour except, sadly, the Alhambra acoustic tour. The small club they played sold out in a nano second, so I missed out. I've also seen Jeff Martin solo acoustic, which was cool. Not a huge fan of Exile and the Kingdom, but the Armada is a return to Transmission-era Tea Party, and I LOVE it.

I hope Jeff doesn't forget his fellow (former) countrymen in Canada and the Armada play here. But so far, it looks like he's sticking to Oz.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • i just got a magazine from a greek fellow we all know. ;)
    ...with pj on the cover.
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • thank you again!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    How about all of Wishlist.org!

you all rock

all the pre-party people kick ass too.

JR is the man with all the tradable goods and always used to hook us newbies up
  • Gotta send a shout out and thank you to BeerBaron. He came through and was able to hook me and my friend up with 10c tickets for the 10/27 show @ face. Was the closest I've ever sat (before I hit lottery 10/31). We were going nuts, had a blast.

THANKS MARCUS.
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
  • There are some great PJ Fans out there. Flew to Philly from FL. Incredible show on 10.30.09. Went to the Spectrum Sat. 10.31.09 craving more PJ waited 2 1/2 hours hoping to release additional tckts. Never happened...Just as PJ went on stage some guy name A.M.? ran outside the door and gave me a free tckt.
    Went inside walked directly side stage. Thanks to the Beetlejuice Dude behind me who tried to save me from some drunk freak next to me. He actually went and got security for me. A night I'll never forget! Awsome PJ Love! Meet a great couple in the airport sun. evening from chicago too.
  • bwordbword Posts: 74
    Brisk. wrote:
    Wolfbear is just a pure star!!!
    I'll second that!!!
    Ripple in still water when there is no pebble tossed nor wind to blow...
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I'd have to say you'd fall under the kind fellows category, EPOTTSIII, for sending me a copy of Merkinball free of charge.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Demitrios has been awesome! Thank you sooo much D!! :):) I am truly grateful. :):mrgreen::mrgreen:

Vedderoffdead also has helped me in the past :):D:D

You guys are both two cool jammers. 8-)8-)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    there are many kind folks here, seek and ye shall find

Josevolution among them.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    thank you to all who have given me sweet gifts over the years weather it be free concert tix, bootlgs or xmas singles or have been by my side through the good and bad of me. you people know who you are.

mwuah
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Since we are on the topic of helping others, does anyone on here know where I can score a Medium Phillis T or an Ed Dickies Jacket. Everyone on here will come to know these are my holy grails...
    I will not give up!
    Need some leads.
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,785
    Gotta give a BIG THANKS, to LEATHERMOSQUITOMAN. Without him, my COLLECTION would be NOTHING. Thanks again, and i'm gonna buy that beer for you....ONE OF THESE DAYS> :lol:
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    My holy grail

IMG_2053.jpg

I only need 1 Record (soldier field) and i'll close my "collection" :ugeek:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • arq wrote:
    My holy grail

IMG_2053.jpg

Thats AWSOME, So jealous!
    9/29/1996 NY
    9/1&2/2000 Camden
    7/6/2003 Camden
    5/27/2006 Camden 6/1&3/2006 NJ
    6/19/2008 Camden, 6/22/2008 Washington DC, 6/25/2008 NY
    8/7/2008 Eddie Vedder NJ, 6/11/2008 Eddie Vedder Philly (3rd Row! Thanks 10c!!)
    10/28,30&31/2009 Philly
  • There are many wonderful 10cers here but one of the most outstanding is Demetrios who has helped and shared with so many of us as mentioned. A gentle soul with a heart of gold - long may you run, D. :-D
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    edited November 2009
    Kindness is an understatement....

Bill (BigGameCaptain) and Mary (Somethingaboutmary)

Thanks is not enough for the bind that they got myself and a few others out of in Hawaii... Would have been VERY hard without you there. What those two did was really helping a fellow Jammer out indeed!!

Also to Bgirl59 and Sandi (I've forgetten pit board name) a big thanks for being part of the much needed evacuation!

Thank you all!

P.S. Oh and thank you Bill for taking me to a sparsely populated drug store in my hospital pants! haha
    Post edited by vital5 on
  • arq wrote:
    My holy grail

IMG_2053.jpg

So So Sweet! That's awesome!

heyjose is one of the best Aussie friend, so are joe2468, Blingstein, TravisTheSky all wonderful 10cers, thank you and love you all.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    OceanStone wrote:
    arq wrote:
    My holy grail

IMG_2053.jpg

So So Sweet! That's awesome!

hey jose is one of the best Aussie friend, so are joe2468, Blingstein, TravisTheSky all wonderful 10cers, thank you and love you all.

What's not to love about Australia!?! great people, great fans and part of my family is over there :mrgreen:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    Evergreen sent 10 people (me being one of them) the special edition of Spin magazine.

I was also one of ten to receive the special edition spin mag from Evergreen, she's awesome and made this Canadian's month! Special thanks also go out to candleofthought, KE308481 and LotteryWinner who have all graciously helped me get merch I wasn't able to get on my own. It's amazing so many people are willing to go out of their way to help a fellow fan. We're a lucky bunch!
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • ChazzChazz Posts: 1,135
    Staffan :D:D belongs in this thread

I was looking for one thing in particular, and he sent me about 8 different goodies!! truly a star :mrgreen:
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    eMMI wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    Dunk who shared his Ouzo with a bunch of us after the O2, Sean of the Dead, she is just amazing. Loved the badges she made for the tour.

so are you the feller who, when asked to guess my age, figured I was 14 (or was it 15)? :? :P ;):mrgreen:

You were defo 14 :-) Yes that is me. Im not good with age lol
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    edited November 2009
    Ticket gone now
    Post edited by philthehip on
  • V V sorted me out with loads of bootlegs when I was having difficulty obtaining them (around 05)...she sent me loads of the Canadian boots/Gorge 05 (before it was official!)/Montanans for Tester etc...

So I repaid her kindness with a Mookie T and cd of some of my stuff. :D
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    there are too many to name here....but i hope you all know who you are. we're surrounded by some very amazing & giving people! viva la vinyl!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Gotta send my love to Demetrios whose packages always brighten my day...
    And of course Detroit Mike who gets me ALL the goodies..
    Toronto Mike for the hotel hookup this summer in Toronto
    Dirty Tom for EVERYTHING Pearl Jam related or not. :)
    And, um, SPIN magazine for lots of beer and breakfast on the East Coast last tour... ;)

I love you all.
    xoxo
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • this thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• I stupidly forgot to mention my son's hero and now namesake, Dirty Tom. :oops: Never saw a better version of a dynamic duo since Batman and Robin combined with Dr Evil and Mini Me, LOL. Thank you Tom very much and I believe you have a loyal friend and junior sidekick for life. Also thanks to Evil Monkey and Elwayvedder as well for helping a 13 year old have the time of his life in Philly. This entire group of guys totally rock and hold a special place in my heart for being so kind and caring to my son, not to mention extremely informative, so to speak. :lol: Thanks for being so special and just being you!!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• I stupidly forgot to mention my son's hero and now namesake, Dirty Tom. :oops: Never saw a better version of a dynamic duo since Batman and Robin combined with Dr Evil and Mini Me, LOL. Thank you Tom very much and I believe you have a loyal friend and junior sidekick for life. Also thanks to Evil Monkey and Elwayvedder as well for helping a 13 year old have the time of his life in Philly. This entire group of guys totally rock and hold a special place in my heart for being so kind and caring to my son, not to mention extremely informative, so to speak. :lol: Thanks for being so special and just being you!!
    and thank u for being so kind and wonderfull person
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”