Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880
    edited May 2021

Great stories man. It's like I'm there. Glad you made it out of the mortuary!
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    edited May 2021
    Loujoe said:

Great stories man. It's like I'm there. Glad you made it out of the mortuary!

Bwaahahaha!  May I heeeelp you? 
    N-n-n-o sir, we were j-j-j-ust looking around!

Haha, I had forgotten I'd put that story in there.  It was so weird that the mortician was so casual about us busting into that place.  He was probably sizing us up.  I can just see his brain whirring await... "Hmmm, that kid looks like about a 79x24... that bigger kid, maybe a 28..."  :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    SHOULD I BUY TONI HOLGERSSONS ALBUM BLÅ ANDETAG FOR ROUGHLY 50 DOLLARS? 

It's from 1993, and early 1993 was pretty much the last time vinyl came out in Sweden untill it's resurgance. I't died completely here. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    They had about 5 radio hits id say.  Then they broke up in 98 or so.   Got back together in 2012 maybe?  

They’re a lot like the Gin Blossoms.  Great 90s alternative tunes but the popularity dropped a lot
    Had to go and look and see if there were songs that I knew sonically but not the artist.

Walk on the ocean-I knew this one
    Fall Down-  Did not know this was them
    All I want- Ditto
    Somethings Always Wrong- Same

Nothing else rang a bell after these.

• Options
    What is a good version of Black Sabbath's Volume 4?

Anybody?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938

Anybody?
    I have this one. sounds good to me. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Anybody?
    This isn't the Super Deluxe is it?  I see they gave it that treatment too.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Anybody?

no.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    mickeyrat said:

Anybody?

searched for a review. One I found was glowing except for the outtakes disk. he just inst a fan if outtakes in general.

question is pay up slightly for a new remaster with live(99 on amazon)  or pay up for for an older remaster on discogs or ebay.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 641

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Anybody?

searched for a review. One I found was glowing except for the outtakes disk. he just inst a fan if outtakes in general.

question is pay up slightly for a new remaster with live(99 on amazon)  or pay up for for an older remaster on discogs or ebay.
    I like the new w live stuff.  Always enjoyed live 70's sabbath.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    DC29940 said:

How often do you dust those shelves?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,498

The best of what I call Madonna's trashy period (including Hard Candy and MDNA).
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,996

Got the correct picture disc version delivered a few days ago. Since they said I can keep the orange one they sent, I will probably end up playing that one. 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Saw this was back in stock so had to pick it up.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    That's got to sound great
  • Options

Anybody?

• Options
    my AU friend was dumping his collection and hooked me up with fat vinyl. Was always looking for v4, and this sounds SICK.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    my AU friend was dumping his collection and hooked me up with fat vinyl. Was always looking for v4, and this sounds SICK.

Vertigo inducing test record.  Fascinating!  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 641
    DC29940 said:

How often do you dust those shelves?
    Haha, every could of weeks. Did it today as a matter of fact. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    nice little score on the Bowie....

• Options
    Such an amazing goodbye...
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Such an amazing goodbye...

sounds just as good on vinyl as it did on cd and digital.

• Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,353
    Some good scores today (to me anyway...).
    Pretenders Live in Boston '80 RSD from a few years ago, Nuge original Japanese, original TMOQ Pistols Atlanta bootleg, some great X white label promos and the reissues for super cheap, and Husker Du Music on Vinyl red vinyl reissue, Ramones 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe , an old Police pic disc, and a few others. 

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    Pretenders Live in Boston '80 RSD from a few years ago, Nuge original Japanese, original TMOQ Pistols Atlanta bootleg, some great X white label promos and the reissues for super cheap, and Husker Du Music on Vinyl red vinyl reissue, Ramones 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe , an old Police pic disc, and a few others. 

You cleaned up on the X records! Wow!
  • Options

"Some good scores today"... NO KIDDING!  :smiley:

• Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    Born To Be Blue LPBlue Note Tone Poet Series

Etcetera LP

Both are Tone Poet Series.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    Born To Be Blue LPBlue Note Tone Poet Series

Etcetera LP

Both are Tone Poet Series.
    Both are great. I really love the Grant Green. 
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,353

You cleaned up on the X records! Wow!
    Yeah, The white label promos we're a total score. I have all the original pressings and didn't need the reissues but they were so cheap I just grabbed them. They can sit or I'll pass them on.