I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

What is it that makes the original 1 LP press of Viatlogy better than the 2 LP re-issue? In the mix, or in the quality or whatever`?
    The reissue sounds like it has a veil over it.  I think it's lifeless.  The original explodes of the TT comparatively.  Vs is the same. 
    What he said. 100% It's not close.

guess I own 2 copies now. sealed 94 pressing and the reissue

I recommend that you unseal that original and play it.... and trade the reissue at the record store for credit or something. I found that it's not worth spinning or owning if you have the OG.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

What is it that makes the original 1 LP press of Viatlogy better than the 2 LP re-issue? In the mix, or in the quality or whatever`?
    The reissue sounds like it has a veil over it.  I think it's lifeless.  The original explodes of the TT comparatively.  Vs is the same. 

I recommend that you unseal that original and play it.... and trade the reissue at the record store for credit or something. I found that it's not worth spinning or owning if you have the OG.
    Damn right you open and play it!  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

think thats a given. who in their right mind wouldnt spin the record with their best song on it?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

think thats a given. who in their right mind wouldnt spin the record with their best song on it?
    Immortality?
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

Immortality?

corduroy
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

Immortality?

corduroy
    I'll have to check that one out.
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

Immortality?

corduroy
    No love for Bugs or Stupid Mop? 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

Immortality?

corduroy

as best in the catalog?

It's Tuesday morning and I haven't bought a record all week.  Not too shabby.  

FWIW, I blame all of you for making me aware of new records.  Without this site, I would just get absorbed in work and not know what's happening or being released.  Thanks..dicks.  
    same goes to you.....

EC UNPLUGGED arrives today.......

mickeyrat said:
    same goes to you.....

Well now that one is essential.  You're welcome. 
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

so, if I were to lose my fucking mind and spend the ask for one of the few sealed Benny's on discogs you are fuckin A right that shit gets played

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    same goes to you.....

Well now that one is essential.  You're welcome. 

inexpensive too via Bezos' slave farm

mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

so, if I were to lose my fucking mind and spend the ask for one of the few sealed Benny's on discogs you are fuckin A right that shit gets played
    The day it arrives...
  • pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    mickeyrat said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

Immortality?

corduroy

as best in the catalog?
    Twas a joke. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    A question:

Immortality?

corduroy

as best in the catalog?
    Twas a joke. 

I'll give ya bugs as best weird metaphorical song

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    All joking aside, I happen to love PJ's "Bugs"! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    brianlux said:
    My white whale song.  Wrigley 2013 it was played and I was there!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2021
    brianlux said:
    “Tremor Christ” was mine. Finally got it in 2018. 

Now I will never stress over seeing this band ever again. I will probably never even enter a lottery for tickets. It feels nice. 

The concerts themselves were fun, but the headaches and anxiety involved with seeing them are the complete opposite of fun and those stressful times generally lasted longer than the concert itself. 

The juice is no longer worth the squeeze. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

Now I will never stress over seeing this band ever again. I will probably never even enter a lottery for tickets. It feels nice. 

The concerts themselves were fun, but the headaches and anxiety involved with seeing them are the complete opposite of fun and those stressful times generally lasted longer than the concert itself. 

"fans" kill it for me....

• ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

word up
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    cover seems digitized. runout info is US version for RSD.....

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

Boston show?

I was lucky and got it at the Miami show too.  That 4 date run was a lot of box ticking.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Holy shit this album sounds amazing! Mono as well, great pressing!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    mickeyrat said:
    cover seems digitized. runout info is US version for RSD.....

Yes, I've always thought the picture was very poor quality.  But the sound is exquisite. I listen to the piano as much as EC, as I'm an Allman Bros fan.
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited April 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

"fans" kill it for me....

nm 
    Post edited by joberschlake on
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    After hearing early pressings from 1967 and mid- period (i.e. 80's) pressings of Are You Experienced for nearly 54 years, this Legacy pressing is so good it's almost disturbing.  Because I'm so accustomed to decades of hearing this great record a certain way, it's strange to hear this version.  The clarity of Jimi's vocals are amazing, and there is a lot of detail that previous pressing have rendered barely noticeable.  Some of the highs are a bit bright for my damaged hearing (and after first listen, even at moderate volume, my ears are ringing like a son of a b!), but overall this is a revealing repress that I think most listeners will appreciate.   This is, for me, an essential album, so a variety of pressings will always intrigue me.  This one gets thumbs up.  (And it's very affordable!)
    Are You Experienced Vinyl LP Album Reissue Remastered Repress Stereo album cover

The Jimi Hendrix Experience ‎– Are You Experienced

Label:
    Legacy ‎– 88843059851, Experience Hendrix ‎– 88843059851
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Repress, Stereo, 180 Gram
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited April 2021

nm

• joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    brianlux said:
    After hearing early pressings from 1967 and mid- period (i.e. 80's) pressings of Are You Experienced for nearly 54 years, this Legacy pressing is so good it's almost disturbing.  Because I'm so accustomed to decades of hearing this great record a certain way, it's strange to hear this version.  The clarity of Jimi's vocals are amazing, and there is a lot of detail that previous pressing have rendered barely noticeable.  Some of the highs are a bit bright for my damaged hearing (and after first listen, even at moderate volume, my ears are ringing like a son of a b!), but overall this is a revealing repress that I think most listeners will appreciate.   This is, for me, an essential album, so a variety of pressings will always intrigue me.  This one gets thumbs up.  (And it's very affordable!)
    Are You Experienced Vinyl LP Album Reissue Remastered Repress Stereo album cover

The Jimi Hendrix Experience ‎– Are You Experienced

Label:
    Legacy ‎– 88843059851, Experience Hendrix ‎– 88843059851
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Repress, Stereo, 180 Gram
    Released:
    Genre:
    Style:

Do you have the Newbury purple vinyl version?  If not, seek it out.  :)
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Neil Young - Songs for Judy
    Neil - Roxy: Tonight's the Night Live
    Neil - On the Beach

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d’s Pee AT STATE'S END

God Is An Astronaut - All is Violent, All Is Bright
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."