I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
    GlowGirl said:

best record they did on the left.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    GlowGirl said:

Very nice! Is that an original Vitalogy or reissue?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

Very nice! Is that an original Vitalogy or reissue?
    It’s the reissue. I bought it new. 
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    I live in Canada and asked friends of ours in Texas to keep an eye out for this. Their local Target in Midland was sold out so they drove to Odessa to grab this for me 😀.
    14 minutes until it gets it’s first spin!!!

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629

I ordered a copy of Motorhead's Ace of Spades...do think it's going to play?
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,641
    Tough call^^^
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,432
    I pre ordered the Uncle Tupelo MOV reissues of Still Feel Gone, No Depression and March 16-20, 1992 over the weekend. They are supposed to be released at the end of the month.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited January 2021
    I pre ordered the Uncle Tupelo MOV reissues of Still Feel Gone, No Depression and March 16-20, 1992 over the weekend. They are supposed to be released at the end of the month.
    Where did you order from? I’d like to get my hands on No Depression. I believe there are only 1500 copies of each. 
    edited January 2021
    Where did you order from? I’d like to get my hands on No Depression. I believe there are only 1500 copies of each. 
    I bought it from Amazon. It is also available on the Red Yeti Records website for pre sale. Merchbar Has it too. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • I pre ordered the Uncle Tupelo MOV reissues of Still Feel Gone, No Depression and March 16-20, 1992 over the weekend. They are supposed to be released at the end of the month.
    I bought it from Amazon. It is also available on the Red Yeti Records website for pre sale. Merchbar Has it too. 
    Cool thanks. Amazon.ca doesn’t have it. I’ll look at those other options 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    I don't often find much of anything good in thrift stores these days (nor frequent them nearly as often, for obvious reasons), but I feel like I won the lottery yesterday by coming across these four by Leo Kottke:
    Circle Round the Sun - WikipediaMudlark album - WikipediaLeo Kottke - My Feet Are Smiling 1973 Vinyl  DiscogsDreams and All That Stuff - Wikipedia
    Here's a few a tastes of Leo for those not familiar with him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnQTC5ICGik
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un72Cz78_Fw

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,502
    GlowGirl said:

Two of '94s best. That's a solid 1, 2 punch right there. Enjoy!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,502
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:
    Raconteurs - live in Tulsa (3 discs, coloured.) It's a vault release; I'm just not sure which one.
    I thought the sound of this set was meh.  Disappointed.  
    Oof. You weren't kidding. I was bitter at first when I saw this comment, but I would have thought I'd pressed some unfixable sound distortion button on my receiver if I hadn't read it. Very disappointed with the sound.

Which is why I went out and grabbed

Arctic Monkeys - Live at Royal Albert Hall
    Matt Good - Hospital Music (his best, by far)
    DMB - Live at Fenway (2 nights, 8 discs)
    pre-ordered the new Jack White live vault.
    Of Monsters and Men - Fever Dream

I have a problem....
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    Gibson said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Gibson said:
    Raconteurs - live in Tulsa (3 discs, coloured.) It's a vault release; I'm just not sure which one.
    I thought the sound of this set was meh.  Disappointed.  
    Oof. You weren't kidding. I was bitter at first when I saw this comment, but I would have thought I'd pressed some unfixable sound distortion button on my receiver if I hadn't read it. Very disappointed with the sound.

Which is why I went out and grabbed

Arctic Monkeys - Live at Royal Albert Hall
    Matt Good - Hospital Music (his best, by far)
    DMB - Live at Fenway (2 nights, 8 discs)
    pre-ordered the new Jack White live vault.
    Of Monsters and Men - Fever Dream

I have a problem....
    where did you find the Fenway?
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,511
    brianlux said:
    I don't often find much of anything good in thrift stores these days (nor frequent them nearly as often, for obvious reasons), but I feel like I won the lottery yesterday by coming across these four by Leo Kottke:
    Circle Round the Sun - WikipediaMudlark album - WikipediaLeo Kottke - My Feet Are Smiling 1973 Vinyl  DiscogsDreams and All That Stuff - Wikipedia

That medley song is something. No pedals or looping. Never heard of that dude.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:

That medley song is something. No pedals or looping. Never heard of that dude.

Definitely worth checking out, Loujoe!  Kottke has made a ton of albums so it's tough to say where to start.  I would say for his guitar focused music 6 an 12 String Guitar and for more vocal with guitar related, Burnt Lips is excellent.

I saw Kottke perform in the late 90's and watching him play guitar was mind boggling.  He has the uncanny ability to pick out rhythm, melody and trills or staccato accents all at the same time.  It's like watching two or three guitarists playing through one body.  Simply amazing.  And I really like his singing voice.  AllMusic describes his singing as "infamous".  I have no idea what they mean by that, but I love that baritone voice.  And his story-telling songs are often punctuated with deadpan humor.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

After 64 days of travel, one USPS request for search, and 3 phone calls with a USPS rep, my Iron Maiden Number of the Beast was delivered today. It was accepted at the post office in Oklahoma November 18th and arrived at my house in Illinois January 22nd. Now to get home after work and see how well it survived the trip! 
  • halvhalv Posts: 674

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2021
    After 64 days of travel, one USPS request for search, and 3 phone calls with a USPS rep, my Iron Maiden Number of the Beast was delivered today. It was accepted at the post office in Oklahoma November 18th and arrived at my house in Illinois January 22nd. Now to get home after work and see how well it survived the trip! 
    I had a couple records I ordered from Craft Recordings that were in the mail for 57 days, just got them yesterday. Surprised to see them in good condition. I would have been pissed to wait that long and them be messed up. I have made my mind up however to only order from large stores during the pandemic from this point forward. Smaller operations and ordering from labels seem to take forever. Media Mail should just advertise itself as "you might get it sometime".
    Post edited by MedozK on
    edited January 2021
    MedozK said:
    I had a couple records I ordered from Craft Recordings that were in the mail for 57 days, just got them yesterday. Surprised to see them in good condition. I would have been pissed to wait that long and them be messed up. I have made my mind up however to only order from large stores during the pandemic from this point forward. Smaller operations and ordering from labels seem to take forever. Media Mail should just advertise itself as "you might get it sometime".
    The USPS rep told me that Media Mail was the cheapest way to send the album, so it might take a little longer sometimes. I asked him if it should take 2 months. He said no, that seemed like an unusually long time. Ya think??
  • halv said:

Angel Dust is amazing. Is that the MoV RE? If so, it’s a fantastic pressing 
    halv said:

Angel Dust is amazing. Is that the MoV RE? If so, it’s a fantastic pressing 
    It is and you're right. Sounds incredible. 
    halv said:

I was listening to Sinead yesterday. I have the CD. So good. I was thinking of getting it on vinyl. How does it sound?

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,511
    I got lost in 'hallowed be thy name' a few weeks ago...put up the 'do not disturb' sign before spinning. Enjoy.
    GlowGirl said:
    halv said:

I was listening to Sinead yesterday. I have the CD. So good. I was thinking of getting it on vinyl. How does it sound?

Love this Sinead album but sad to say my copy is garbage. My own fault. Met the seller to buy and didn't look hard enough at the condition. Sad about that. Wasted money. Hoping for a reissue soon. Saw Sinead live earlier last year before the lockdowns started and she was absolutely incredible. 
    MedozK said:
    The seller put the mailer in a bigger box along with some cushioning. The outer box was beat up but the mailer and LP looked great. After I go for a run, it’s going on the turntable!
    Loujoe said:
    I got lost in 'hallowed be thy name' a few weeks ago...put up the 'do not disturb' sign before spinning. Enjoy.
    My wife has already been advised that it is going to be loud tonight. 
    edited January 2021
    halv said:
    GlowGirl said:
    halv said:

Love this Sinead album but sad to say my copy is garbage. My own fault. Met the seller to buy and didn't look hard enough at the condition. Sad about that. Wasted money. Hoping for a reissue soon. Saw Sinead live earlier last year before the lockdowns started and she was absolutely incredible. 
    Sorry to hear that you got a bad copy. I also hope for a reissue. I saw Sinead in 1990. I can’t believe it was that long ago. I do remember it being a great show. But my boyfriend at the time and his friend dropped acid right before the show and I ended up feeling like a designated babysitter for them. But still fun. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Was surprised to find Prick in our local record store. I loved that album in the 90’s.
    And I finally picked up the Binaural reissue. Studio run complete 😀😀😀. Now for Lost Dogs.