Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,773
    whim purchase from best buy.......

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    I'm gong to tell a lie:

I found a great, affordable copy of the recent RSD Dinosaur Jr Swedish Fist album!  I'm so happy I could spit!

Actually makes me want to spit is how freaking mad I am that these got bought up by flippers and now I would have to pay an obscene amount of money for the one, THE ONE, Dinosaur Jr album I do not have.  I can't do it.  I won't feed the sharks.

Erggg!

End of rant.  Sorry.  It's just that they are my favorite band.  Rats!
    I’ll keep an eye out Brian.  Its a really solid 90s set from them.  Very good pressing. 

Retail for mine was $35. 

ebay has bid items. some on discogs are more reasonably priced than others as an option.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020
    Piece of Mind is wicked
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,874
    Just bought these at my local record store today. 

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,787
    Nice scores^^
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm gong to tell a lie:

I found a great, affordable copy of the recent RSD Dinosaur Jr Swedish Fist album!  I'm so happy I could spit!

Actually makes me want to spit is how freaking mad I am that these got bought up by flippers and now I would have to pay an obscene amount of money for the one, THE ONE, Dinosaur Jr album I do not have.  I can't do it.  I won't feed the sharks.

Erggg!

There’s a store near me that has one left for $55AUD - that’s about $40 US.
    I have no idea what it would cost to ship though 

Loujoe said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm gong to tell a lie:

Erggg!

Good job not feeding the flippers. A few days ago a joint by me had one for about 40. Lmk if you want me to try to grab it.

brianlux said:
    I'm gong to tell a lie:

Erggg!

I’ll keep an eye out Brian.  Its a really solid 90s set from them.  Very good pressing. 

Retail for mine was $35. 

Thank you all!  I'm going to hold off and hope it either gets another pressing or I get lucky.  Even the $35 U.S. for a single disc LP seems high to me.  Anything more than that is highway robbery. 

Thanks again- you guys are great!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ordered...

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,531
    static111 said:
    I don’t know what y’all are gonna think but I picked up this on RSD and I’m pretty excited about it.  Putting it on for a listen now.

I snagged one of these, too. Don't even care - loving it!!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    edited October 2020
    Riot Act, Avocado, Yield, Binaural,Tgn Commandos, Cavedweller. 

only disappointment was Yield. not gatefold, no book. thought that was strange. pretty sure the original was gatefold with a book. 

edit: maybe i'm wrong. looking at discogs and it's the same as the reissue i got. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631

Dig the Tone Poet series. 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

only disappointment was Yield. not gatefold, no book. thought that was strange. pretty sure the original was gatefold with a book. 

edit: maybe i'm wrong. looking at discogs and it's the same as the reissue i got. 
    Original Yield wasnt gatefold. I dont remember a book either. 
  • Options
    VH, VH II, WACF. offetron Fair Warning

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    Great pressing! 
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,886
    Finally got in the mail today:
    Incubus "A Crow Left of the Murder/MOV Yellow pressing, S.C.I.E.N.C.E/MOV Blue pressing, and Light Grenades 
    Deftones Ohms/clear vinyl.
    Good day for music.....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    Any Decemberist fans - preorder just went up for the first volume of a live series Vinyl, The Live Home Library. First release is from 2009 full live recording of "The Hazards of Love".  And only $12 to ship to Canada, couldn't pass it up!
  • Options

I bought Yield on vinyl when it came out- no gatefold, no book.  The only thing unusual is the die cut cover with the Yield sign printed on the inner sleeve.  Hopefully the re-issue has those nice features.  Still on of my top favorite PJ albums, especially on vinyl!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

I bought Yield on vinyl when it came out- no gatefold, no book.  The only thing unusual is the die cut cover with the Yield sign printed on the inner sleeve.  Hopefully the re-issue has those nice features.  Still on of my top favorite PJ albums, especially on vinyl!
    Yeah, die cut cover and all that, and a pearl jam yield sticker too. weird how they didn't do a book for this one. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:

Yeah, die cut cover and all that, and a pearl jam yield sticker too. weird how they didn't do a book for this one. 

Maybe because they did "Single Video Theory" instead?  By the way- did that ever get put on DVD?  I have the VHS but hardly ever play video tapes any more.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Maybe because they did "Single Video Theory" instead?  By the way- did that ever get put on DVD?  I have the VHS but hardly ever play video tapes any more.
    yep. i've had the dvd for years. when i say "book" i meant lyric booklet inside the vinyl, like the one in the cd. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirl said:

That looks like a pretty decent copy of Retrospective.  For some reason, I can't remember ever running across a copy of any Buffalo Springfield records that weren't at least moderately trashed.  One of these days I have to track down a good copy of that album.  The band goes back for me from day one.  I wish I had a recording of them when they played at my high school.  That was a great show!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

yep. i've had the dvd for years. when i say "book" i meant lyric booklet inside the vinyl, like the one in the cd. 

Cool!  I must keep an eye out for the DVD!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

That looks like a pretty decent copy of Retrospective.  For some reason, I can't remember ever running across a copy of any Buffalo Springfield records that weren't at least moderately trashed.  One of these days I have to track down a good copy of that album.  The band goes back for me from day one.  I wish I had a recording of them when they played at my high school.  That was a great show!
    BS played at your high school Brian???
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,874
    brianlux said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yeah. The record looks to be in great shape. I am in the midst of turntable shopping so haven’t listened to it yet. But no scratches or warping that I can see. The cover is in great shape as well. It was only $5.99 so not a bad deal. I actually have that same one on CD and love it. So I couldn’t pass up the vinyl. 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Cool!  I must keep an eye out for the DVD!

pssst..

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    edited October 2020
    SVT was shot on 16mm, right?

So take all the "concert" footage that was shot, cut it together and release on a UHD/BD.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2020

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    brianlux said:

If any PJ album needed a booklet, it's Yield. Printing all of the lyrics on one side of the sleeve is way too small to search for the hidden yield signs.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)