Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    mrussel1 said:
    are you talking about this album? 

Yes
    Ah ok. 19-20 dollars at my local supermarket. 

They have one copy of Appetite for Destruction for the same price. Thinking about picking it up.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mrussel1 said:

Yes

They have one copy of Appetite for Destruction for the same price. Thinking about picking it up.
    I've heard mixed reactions to the new reissue of that.  To the point where I'll probably get an original one day. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yes

I've heard mixed reactions to the new reissue of that.  To the point where I'll probably get an original one day. 
    Ah, ok. When I just looked quickly I picked up on people being pleased with it. But what do I know.

The place I picked up Ace Frehley's Trouble' Walking at had two used copies of Appetite... for 20 dollars and the one with the original cover of the raping robot for 25 dollars (but that cover was very blurry, so maybe it was a bootleg).

My local store have the Illusions albums for 30-35 dollars and Lies for 20 dollars... 

Should I pick up anyone of those? I know there are represses of the Illusions albums available, I held one in France last year. Cost 14 euros. But my mom was stressing me so I didn't buy it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Lies for $20??? If it's real,  go get it now!
  • Options
    And the rape robot is also very expensive!  Could be boots.
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889

yes!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:
    Rage Against The Machine - Live at the Olympic Grand Auditorium (been wanting this for awhile...well worth the wait! WOW!)
    Neil Young - Homegrown

Pre-Orders: 
    Fiona Apple - Fetch the Bolt Cutters (purple lp)
    Elliott Smith - Self Titled reissue (deluxe---can't wait for this one!)
    Update on Pre-Orders:
    Jeff Ament — EP
    My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall II
    Old 97’s — Twelth
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Arrived today..... Black Sabbath opens the set. Played a portion to check sound. Record sounds good. Whoever may be interested, I'd say go for it....

You're on a big Sabbath kick.
    early. theres is sooo much I am interested in, gotta start somewhere.

One band from each letter, rinse and repeat...

ACDC, Black Sabbath, on to the Cs!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I don't have pre-orders, but I have a list of albums I want to pick up when possible:

KISS - Dynasty
    KISS - Crazy Nights
    KISS - ALIVE III
    Neil Young - Homegrown
    Leonard Cohen - Ten New Songs (the latest, "Thanks for the dance" is too expensive -- but I applaud the elegant design choices for the packaging. It does look beautiful)
    Taylor Swift - Lover
    Hellraiser - OST
    Joakim Thåström - Kärlek är för dom (both the original release and the reissue are way to expensive though, waiting for a third reissue)
    Freddy's Greatest Hits (the re-release, expensive though...)
    Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged (too expensive)
    Soundgarden - Down on the Upside (too expensive)

• Options
    FedEx just delivered a beautiful square 12 inch package from Germany to me here at work.
  • Options
    Anyone think there will ever be a reissue of the original Mad Season album?

Without the two discs and extra songs. 

Like a straight reissue. I can take a colored vinyl or 180 grams. But yeah.

What do you think?
  • Options

What do you think?
    Honestly I don't know why there would be a reissue.  It would still need to be on 2 pieces of wax, so what you get on the current reissue on side D is bonus.  Eliminating that doesnt' eliminate side C.  The 2013 lacquer was cut by Kevin Gray and sounds amazing, so there wouldn't be any topping of it, acoustically.  You don't like this one or too expensive?

https://www.discogs.com/Mad-Season-Above/release/4495855
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What do you think?
    Honestly I don't know why there would be a reissue.  It would still need to be on 2 pieces of wax, so what you get on the current reissue on side D is bonus.  Eliminating that doesnt' eliminate side C.  The 2013 lacquer was cut by Kevin Gray and sounds amazing, so there wouldn't be any topping of it, acoustically.  You don't like this one or too expensive?

IT'S LYING RIGHT NEXT TO ME INSIDE THE PACKAGE FEDEX JUST DROPPPPEEEEDDDDD OF. 

Wanna open it at once... but no point doing it at work ofc... no turntables around...

Bought four albums I've been looking at for years but never bought, feels good to finally get them.

Why does it have to be on three sides. Does the original sound bad? Or......wait....the original was three sides? Well then! Okey. Cool! Then everything is in order.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What do you think?

Wanna open it at once... but no point doing it at work ofc... no turntables around...

Bought four albums I've been looking at for years but never bought, feels good to finally get them.

Why does it have to be on three sides. Does the original sound bad? Or......wait....the original was three sides? Well then! Okey. Cool! Then everything is in order.
    Yeah just too much music for one slab.  So you're saying the Mad Season was just delivered to you? Congrats.  It's a great sounding record.  Top notch.  Probably digital but still sounds excellent. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I might get KISS - Dynasty finally, a white whale of sorts for me - and on my "GONNA GET!"-list because of a girl I dated has a mom that I found out had grown up liking KISS and the family had a bunch of old vinyl stored in their basement -- so I just asked the girl for fun if her mom had any KISS album, and the mom had now checked it out and found three (3) KISS albums. Dynasty being one of them. 

But the girl asked "what they are worth?" so it will not be a "who cares about old vinyl, tell your old HOT DATE he can have them" case. But still. 

I feel like a woman listening to vinyl in the late 70s/early 90s -- there is a good chance she has taken good care of her records.

She also asked if I wanted some Scorpions and Iron Maiden. But I just laughed and said "dear lady, I am a man of taste. That filth you can keep".

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What do you think?

Yeah just too much music for one slab.  So you're saying the Mad Season was just delivered to you? Congrats.  It's a great sounding record.  Top notch.  Probably digital but still sounds excellent. 

• Options
    no complaints here on that MS. Frankly I really like the Lanegan stuff.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I thought it was a one record album spread now over three sides. That was my "problem". I had misunderstood.

SOME PEOPLE SAY MY LOVE CAN NOT BE TRUE
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I thought it was a one record album spread now over three sides. That was my "problem". I had misunderstood.

if you want a more straight forward Mad Season vinyl look for Live at The Moore. Highly recommend.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

if you want a more straight forward Mad Season vinyl look for Live at The Moore. Highly recommend.
    My friend found it at a random store here in Sweden in the "sales bin" for like 10 dollars brand new and unopened. 

Pisses me off. Haha.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah I much prefer the live show to the studio.  It's epic.  
  • Options
    Not being sold anymore in any swedish stores :/

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    Just bought a 2011 QOTSA S/T off ebay.  I've wanted this record forever so I hope its clean!

Anybody want to buy my boot version?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    brianlux said:

Finally- a great George Jones collection to add to my country LPs:

Yea, that’s a good one.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Mmm... I love a delivery from acoustic sounds. Both from analog masters. 

I picked that Nora Jones up the other day as well.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Mmm... I love a delivery from acoustic sounds. Both from analog masters. 

I picked that Nora Jones up the other day as well.
    Vocals are forward on a few tracks,  bordering on hot.  Great sound though and heavy slab of vinyl. 
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 641

Yeah, I know, couldn’t be more opposite ends of the spectrum. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,503
    My first Rush album

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    My first Rush album

your next two should be a farewell to kings and hemishperes.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    mickeyrat said:
    My first Rush album

your next two should be a farewell to kings and hemishperes.

For sure!  Hemispheres is awesome!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.