Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684
    mrussel1 said:
    You really love the soundtracks, don't you?  Did you see all of the different variations for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood?  Looked pretty good. Very 'pop' late 60's though, so not as much my thing.  
    Batman and Clockwork Orange I mostly bought because they were in the impulse-buy range (~$5) but yes, I enjoy older soundtracks from the 40s/50s like Casablanca, Hitchcock-movies etc and horror soundtracks. Soothing to put on.

Obviously instead of buying a bunch of cheap, worn records you should/could invest in something you really want but which is a bit more expensive.

You never buy soundtracks? The Once upon in Hollywood soundtrack is nice - with the clips from actual radio djs from the 60s introducing the songs. I've listened to it on Spotify and listened to QTs podcast breaking the soundtrack down. 

I own Reservoir Dogs on vinyl and CD. And I think I have an old CD of Pulp Fiction too.
    Reservoir and Pulp are two that I would buy and may get around to them at some point.  I have the CDs. Generally I don't love soundtracks because the sound always seems to be uneven.  I have the Big Chill because it was 2 bucks but it's pretty lifeless overall. 
  • Options
    Just noticed the clockwork orange one is a german release. I knew the price and the pristine cover was to good to be true. I guess it's cute with a german title instead of the original. Well o well.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,684
    Is clockwork just straight Beethoven?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,767

Some great stuff there.  I love that pre-Neil Crazy Horse album!  Morrison Hotel is my favorite Doors album and Who's Next... well, what needs to be said!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Some great stuff there.  I love that pre-Neil Crazy Horse album!  Morrison Hotel is my favorite Doors album and Who's Next... well, what needs to be said!!
    Please comment on KISS Destroyer also, if you wish. 

:)

Morrison Hotel he said was in pretty bad shape but I bought it because it was cheap.

Who's Next I have on that deluxe CD that came out a few years back. But it's the best album they've done. Was close to picking up Quadrophenia, such amazing cover - it just makes you want to buy it. But I'm not a superfan.

Metallica The Black Album is a new release though I picked up at the local supermarket separate from the rest.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,311
    brianlux said:

'Destroyer' was the first Kiss LP I ever bought, in about 1988. I was 11 years old!  =) 
    I'd been given 'Crazy Nights' as a Christmas present and my cousin recommended some of the older stuff. I bought 'Destroyer' and 'Love Gun' the same day. i think they were around 3.99 (UK pounds) each
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,667
    Hiss Golden messenger-terms of surrender
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Morrison Hotel he said was in pretty bad shape but I bought it because it was cheap.

Who's Next I have on that deluxe CD that came out a few years back. But it's the best album they've done. Was close to picking up Quadrophenia, such amazing cover - it just makes you want to buy it. But I'm not a superfan.

Metallica The Black Album is a new release though I picked up at the local supermarket separate from the rest.
    The closest I've gotten to liking Kiss is The Replacements cover of "Black Diamond".  :-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

The closest I've gotten to liking Kiss is The Replacements cover of "Black Diamond".  :-)
    Try KISS - Strange Ways
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:

'Destroyer' was the first Kiss LP I ever bought, in about 1988. I was 11 years old!  =) 
    I'd been given 'Crazy Nights' as a Christmas present and my cousin recommended some of the older stuff. I bought 'Destroyer' and 'Love Gun' the same day. i think they were around 3.99 (UK pounds) each
    I WANNA BANG BANG YOU. I SHOOT YOU DOWN WITH MY LOVE GUN BABEEEY
  • Options
    Just bought an album for $120 

Fuck. Last one. No more used albums from now on.
  • Options
    Just bought an album for $120 

Fuck. Last one. No more used albums from now on.
    Which one?
  • Options
    For anybody on the fence about KISS the Destroyer album is an absolute masterpiece.
  • Options
    For anybody on the fence about KISS the Destroyer album is an absolute masterpiece.
    @MedozK hint...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    @MedozK hint...
    Ha, yes it is a phenomenal record. I’ll Definitely put it on my short list.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,135
    edited September 2019
    MedozK said:
    @MedozK hint...
    Ha, yes it is a phenomenal record. I’ll Definitely put it on my short list.
    Don't be fooled by the iconic cover. It's pretty bland. Has a song or two that's good. But it's nowhere near a masterpiece or among the best of that era:

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,643
    edited September 2019
    Joseph Arthur - Come Back World (pre-ordered... SO EXCITED)

Joseph Arthur - The Family

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Kurt Vile, Bottle It In, limited with pink/purple split vinyl.  I thought I got this at a good price because of some ring-wear top and bottom despite being sealed.  Turns out, they all look like that!  So I really got a good deal on this one and although I've only had time to listen to a little of it, I can this this one is great-  Loving it so far!

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

• Options
    And I bought a new stylus - both these things matter- don’t trash your records with a crappy needle and stupid records sleeves!!!
  • Options

• Options
    Picked up Killswitch Engages new one.
  • Options
    And I bought a new stylus - both these things matter- don’t trash your records with a crappy needle and stupid records sleeves!!!
    Good call!  My understanding is that at 1,000 hours of play time, the stylus should be replaced. 

And good inner and outer sleeves- for sure.  I'm a fairly frugal/ thrifty kind of guy with a fairly modest but decent stereo set up, but when it comes to LP sleeves, I go pretty much all out  with Sleeve City's  "Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile" inner sleeves and their "Ultimate Outer 5.0" outer sleeves.  I figure , besides enjoying my LP's in this lifetime,  I'm really just the temporary caretaker of my collection and hope it goes on for another few generations or more after my time.

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Type your comme

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Type your comme
    Does this exist on vinyl?
  • Options

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Type your comme
    Does this exist on vinyl?
    I wish
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Was planning on buying the Nirvana Unplugged 2LP reissue today but just too expensive. Colored version is $35 plus shipping to UK. Nothing wrong with my 1st white vinyl press but would have liked to add it to the collectiom.