I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    Reesdog, PJ_S, I don't have Margin Walker.  How does it match up to, say, Repeater or The Argument?
    It's an EP Brian, only has 6 tracks, but they're all great. I think you can't go wrong with anything by Fugazi, everything they released is of high quality. I'd highly recommend End Hits too, just awesome..
    Good to know.  Thanks, man!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    Reesdog, PJ_S, I don't have Margin Walker.  How does it match up to, say, Repeater or The Argument?
    It's an EP Brian, only has 6 tracks, but they're all great. I think you can't go wrong with anything by Fugazi, everything they released is of high quality. I'd highly recommend End Hits too, just awesome..
    Anytime bro.. :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,641
    CRB-Barefoot in the Head
    Psychic Temple-IV
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,026
    ^^^^^^^ That CRB album is awesome!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,641
    ^^^^^^^ That CRB album is awesome!!!!
    Loving it so far!!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited August 2017
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    Yeah, I back up his statement - you just can't go wrong with Fugazi. No way are you going to be disappointed by any of their albums/EPs if you like Repeater or The Argument, and I also agree that End Hits is amazing. :) Oh, and btw, Dischord Records, which is Fugazi's label, just announced that they are making the label's entire music catalog available for free streaming. Access it all through here: https://dischord.bandcamp.com/  (and here is the article about Dischord where I found this out: http://www.openculture.com/2017/08/dcs-legendary-punk-label-dischord-makes-its-entire-music-catalog-free-to-stream-online.html )
    :)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    Yeah, I back up his statement - you just can't go wrong with Fugazi. No way are you going to be disappointed by any of their albums/EPs if you like Repeater or The Argument, and I also agree that End Hits is amazing. :) Oh, and btw, Dischord Records, which is Fugazi's label, just announced that they are making their entire music catalog available for free streaming. Access it all through here: https://dischord.bandcamp.com/  (and here is the article about Dischord where I found this out: http://www.openculture.com/2017/08/dcs-legendary-punk-label-dischord-makes-its-entire-music-catalog-free-to-stream-online.html )

That's fucken awesome, thanks PJ_Soul..
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:
    Yeah, I back up his statement - you just can't go wrong with Fugazi. No way are you going to be disappointed by any of their albums/EPs if you like Repeater or The Argument, and I also agree that End Hits is amazing. :) Oh, and btw, Dischord Records, which is Fugazi's label, just announced that they are making the label's entire music catalog available for free streaming. Access it all through here: https://dischord.bandcamp.com/  (and here is the article about Dischord where I found this out: http://www.openculture.com/2017/08/dcs-legendary-punk-label-dischord-makes-its-entire-music-catalog-free-to-stream-online.html )

Thanks! 

Cool about the streaming only where I live that would take all day.  Besides, you know me-- gotta have that vinyl!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:

Thanks! 

Cool about the streaming only where I live that would take all day.  Besides, you know me-- gotta have that vinyl!
    Oh, yes, I didn't intend to suggest that the vinyl isn't the way to go! Dischord has done a very good job with their vinyl, and they make it dirt cheap as well. I bought every Fugazi album (reissue) directly from Dischord Records at one time, and each record was $11 USD.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:

Thanks! 

Oh, yes, I didn't intend to suggest that the vinyl isn't the way to go! Dischord has done a very good job with their vinyl, and they make it dirt cheap as well. I bought every Fugazi album (reissue) directly from Dischord Records at one time, and each record was $11 USD.
    Nice, was 13 songs included in that? Not sure if that's ever been on vinyl..? I have an original of In On The Kill Taker being sent here soon..
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    Creepshow 2 from waxwork records. 

Im a sucker for the horror themed vinyls...
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:

Thanks! 

I love that about Dischord.  And the music, of course!

Creepshow 2 from waxwork records. 

Im a sucker for the horror themed vinyls...
    Great cover!

brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:

Thanks! 

Anybody ever listen to Slant 6?
    @PJ_Soul @brianlux

i loved that band. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Nothing 
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:

Thanks! 

@PJ_Soul @brianlux

i loved that band. 
    Yup. So many great bands from Dischord over the years. Great label!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    Also ffo of heavy music Southern Lord records is having a summer sale. Some great shit. Picked up Nightfell, Noothgrush, Battalion of Saints, Paranoid and Blas't plus a Lebanon 7 in for 42$ shipped.

https://southernlord.com/store/dept/view/summer-sale
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    reesdog said:
    brianlux said:

Thanks! 

@PJ_Soul @brianlux

i loved that band. 
    Have not.  Where's a good place to start, t'n'g?

I'm fond on Inzombia.

The song GFS is actually written about a friend of mine.
    https://youtu.be/aljl2Icd8yw

Enjoy
    After looking for an original release of this one, I read about how good the MOV (Music on Vinyl) reissue is and decided to go with that.  What I read is true-- what a great pressing!  However, I'm still warming up to this album a bit.  Some of the numbers have a little too much 70's easy groove to them.  Dennis Wilson himself didn't like the album, saying it had "no substance".  But the good stuff here is great and I have a feeling more of these songs will grow on me.  I've also ordered his unfinished posthumous Bambu which I've read good things about.  I'm looking forward to hearing it!

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,133
    Man I've gotten a shitload of stuff recently...

-elder- reflections of a floating world orange
    -elder- lore splatter
    dave matthews- live 25
    dmb- red rocks
    drab majesty- the demonstration splatter
    doom side of the moon blue clear
    brand new- deja entendu 
    eric b and rakim- paid in full green money wax
    austra- olympia
     Radiohead - blue oknotok

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592

-elder- lore splatter
    dave matthews- live 25
    dmb- red rocks
    brand new- deja entendu 
    austra- olympia
     Radiohead - blue oknotok

Have you listened to the Live 25 yet? It's spectacular.  PJ needs to take a lesson from them in mastering and pressing. 
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    Just got my NIN - Not The Actual Events
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,133
    mrussel1 said:

-elder- lore splatter
    dave matthews- live 25
    dmb- red rocks
    brand new- deja entendu 
    austra- olympia
     Radiohead - blue oknotok

Have you listened to the Live 25 yet? It's spectacular.  PJ needs to take a lesson from them in mastering and pressing. 
    Honestly I haven't- I haven't even opened the thing but I can't wait to!  I haven't been home in a bit so it's just on the shelf.  I hear it's fantastic though, no negative comments about it from what I've seen.... which is amazing this day in age.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    mrussel1 said:

-elder- lore splatter
    dave matthews- live 25
    dmb- red rocks
    brand new- deja entendu 
    austra- olympia
     Radiohead - blue oknotok

Honestly I haven't- I haven't even opened the thing but I can't wait to!  I haven't been home in a bit so it's just on the shelf.  I hear it's fantastic though, no negative comments about it from what I've seen.... which is amazing this day in age.
    If you want an excellent vinyl flac rip,  pm me. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

-elder- lore splatter
    dave matthews- live 25
    dmb- red rocks
    brand new- deja entendu 
    austra- olympia
     Radiohead - blue oknotok

Honest question here and not trying to be judgmental because maybe there is something here I don't get, but how is ripping a copy of a music and giving it away supportive of a musician or band?   People have offered to do this for me and for quite some time I've said, "No, but thanks.  If I like it enough, I'll pay for it."

Am I missing something here?

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    It was only available on vinyl. Its now sold out. There doesn't seem to be a CD or DL being made in the future (which is odd).

But for the most part no, you aren't wrong. In this case, you are missing something (its not available otherwise). 

brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:the
    mrussel1 said:

-elder- lore splatter
    dave matthews- live 25
    dmb- red rocks
    brand new- deja entendu 
    austra- olympia
     Radiohead - blue oknotok

Honest question here and not trying to be judgmental because maybe there is something here I don't get, but how is ripping a copy of a music and giving it away supportive of a musician or band?   People have offered to do this for me and for quite some time I've said, "No, but thanks.  If I like it enough, I'll pay for it."

It isn't available for sale in any format.  It was only released in vinyl at 2500 units. 
    It was only available on vinyl. Its now sold out. There doesn't seem to be a CD or DL being made in the future (which is odd).

But for the most part no, you aren't wrong. In this case, you are missing something (its not available otherwise). 

mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:the
    mrussel1 said:

-elder- lore splatter
    dave matthews- live 25
    dmb- red rocks
    brand new- deja entendu 
    austra- olympia
     Radiohead - blue oknotok

It isn't available for sale in any format.  It was only released in vinyl at 2500 units. 
    I hadn't thought of that so yes, fair enough! Rip away!  And thanks both for not taking my inquiry personally.

It frustrates me when things are released in lower numbers than there are fans for said item- especially if it's something you really would enjoy having in it's physical format!