I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    brianlux said:
    Dead Kennedys, Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, remastered 180 gram vinyl.  NIce!

I won't buy any DK records since the falling out of the band members.  So no AT stamp, I'm not buying.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Second-hand:

2014 Reissue.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    brianlux said:
    Dead Kennedys, Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, remastered 180 gram vinyl.  NIce!

I won't buy any DK records since the falling out of the band members.  So no AT stamp, I'm not buying.
    I'd lost an old copy and HAD to have a new one, especially after meeting and hanging out with Jello.  Original issues are too pricey.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,964
    Singles Soundtrack finally arrived!  And it sounds fantastic!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    Just arrived..

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

2014 Reissue.
    Is this a repress of the 2006 Kevin Gray cut?
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Pearl Jam - Live on Ten Legs

Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles (Original 1999 US Press) 

Soundgarden - Satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas
    Totally lucked out today at a local thrift store.  Pentangles first album, The Pentangle in great shape, $2.00! Best two dollars spent in some time!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

MedozK said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

2014 Reissue.
    Not too sure sorry, maybe..
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    reesdog said:
    MedozK said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

2014 Reissue.
    Not too sure sorry, maybe..
    Well, if it's got Kevin Grays initial (KG) and Steve Hoffman's (SH) in the runout, then it is a definite winner,
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    Totally lucked out today at a local thrift store.  Pentangles first album, The Pentangle in great shape, $2.00! Best two dollars spent in some time!

Nice, now to find the same deal for Cruel Sister.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    OK, you just glanced at the photo below and are thinking, "Oh please, for God's sake, no, not already!"

I get it!  I'm not a total bah-humbugger, but the commercialization of Christmas, as we all know, comes earlier and earlier and is more an more obnoxious (and has little, if anything, to do with the birth of a famous religious figure. I also tire of hearing Christmas music everywhere I go for several weeks on end.

That said, I came across the album pictured below in a thrift store a couple of says ago. It is in immaculate condition so I thought I'd better give it a spin before selling it off. Well, much to my pleasant surprise, this is a keeper! I won't play it again until around mid-December at the earliest, but it will definitely get played around that time of year, ever year. Lewis Ross, A Collection of Favorite Christmas Carols:

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,251
    brianlux said:
    OK, you just glanced at the photo below and are thinking, "Oh please, for God's sake, no, not already!"

I get it!  I'm not a total bah-humbugger, but the commercialization of Christmas, as we all know, comes earlier and earlier and is more an more obnoxious (and has little, if anything, to do with the birth of a famous religious figure. I also tire of hearing Christmas music everywhere I go for several weeks on end.

That said, I came across the album pictured below in a thrift store a couple of says ago. It is in immaculate condition so I thought I'd better give it a spin before selling it off. Well, much to my pleasant surprise, this is a keeper! I won't play it again until around mid-December at the earliest, but it will definitely get played around that time of year, ever year. Lewis Ross, A Collection of Favorite Christmas Carols:

Any record that proudly proclaims itself to be "A Collection of Favourites... performed in a DELIGHTFUL MANNER" has got to be a winner :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Xmas vinyl is cool!  It helps slow everything down.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I too collect Christmas vinyl all year round...
    Tiki said:
    Xmas vinyl is cool!  It helps slow everything down.
    That's a great point. 
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:

Any record that proudly proclaims itself to be "A Collection of Favourites... performed in a DELIGHTFUL MANNER" has got to be a winner :)
    LOL, that actually kind of made me think at first, "Ah, yeah, right."  But then it really has this finely done cover and, well, it is after all, guitar music, so I had to check it out.  Sure glad I did! 

But afterwards, I had to get back into summer mode so cranked a little of this:

I've been rather indulgent as of late.  But as they say, "Better lots of music in times of little money that lots of money in times of little music".  (Oh, no wait, I think that was about a certain herb, but you get the point!)

One last Analogue Productions Beach Boys LP for my collection:  Holland (2 LP's, Sides one, two and three, 331/3 RPM, side four 45 RPM-- too cool!):

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629

Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (Night variant cover with real translucent vinyl)

Bon Iver - "Blood Bank" EP 

Coldplay - "Kaleidoscope" EP (light blue vinyl)

The Great Muppet Caper Soundtrack (original pressing, still sealed, $7)

The Boxer Rebellion first three albums box set. Limited edition with "Exits", "Union", and "The Cold Still" #151/500 (finally pulled the trigger on this one. They pressed it a couple years ago, but it was pricey. Finally decided to order it and as soon as my order went through it went from "in stock" to "out of stock" on their website. Looks like I may gotten the last one! They have no plans on pressing it these again. Glad I ordered it when I did)

The National - "Boxer" ($9 in my local shop's used bin)

Bruce Springsteen - "Live 1975-85" Box Set (show up in the used bin as well. $15 and if I didn't know better I'd say it's never been played, the discs are pristine!)

Yeasayer - "Odd Blood" (found this used while on vacation in Kansas City. $10. A no-brainer for me)
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    ^^I love that 75-85 set.  Great versions of Thunder Road, Growing Up, so many more... and WAR!  is spectacular.. worth going to that one first off.  
    So I have the DMB 25 vinyl rip in FLAC.  Haven't listened to the whole thing, but sounds like a good rip even though there isn't NFO.  I can tell you that the actual selection, cuts, pressing, etc. on the vinyl itself is just top notch.  Really nicely done.  If anyone wants it, PM me for a link.  
    Second-hand:

Original US pressing from 1989.
    New:

Iggy Pop - TV Eye Live 1977.

2017 Reissue.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited August 2017
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

So good!!!  (not that album cover though, lol. I'm not the biggest fan of random facial shots :lol: )
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

So good!!!  (not that album cover though, lol. I'm not the biggest fan of random facial shots :lol: )
    Agree 100%, the sleeve design is pretty bad, the music though, fucking awesome.. :)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

Agree 100%, the sleeve design is pretty bad, the music though, fucking awesome.. :)
    So, so fucking awesome. It's so awesome, it's probably the cause of that facial. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

So, so fucking awesome. It's so awesome, it's probably the cause of that facial. =)
    Ha! Well said..
    Reesdog, PJ_S, I don't have Margin Walker.  How does it match up to, say, Repeater or The Argument?

brianlux said:
    Reesdog, PJ_S, I don't have Margin Walker.  How does it match up to, say, Repeater or The Argument?
    It's an EP Brian, only has 6 tracks, but they're all great. I think you can't go wrong with anything by Fugazi, everything they released is of high quality. I'd highly recommend End Hits too, just awesome..