Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    "mfc2006
    it was like $86.00 with shipping . and if they took any tax . but that was the total I think :mrgreen:"

I don't think they have this one . they might have the 2008 release of the black vinyl ..

this one sold 500 to because sound matters and 500 to metallica's fan club . i would link you to these places but i always seem to get banned when i link . Go there and check the price . cheers !! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Have landed safe and sound in Seattle! Went book shopping today, but can already tell my holiday is going to have to feature some VINYL! They have some great second hand records to be found here, no doubt about it - and cheaper than the UK. My friends had some vinyl waiting for me, as a welcoming present, aw.... too kind!

$%28KGrHqJ,!iwE3QOY,jB7BOCCJupqNQ~~0_12.JPG

I don't know much about this, but I think it is a collection of local indie talent, from some DIY ethos bands (whatever that means!) Can't wait to hear it when I get home. Double LP featuring some bands like Grand Concourse, Mudphonic, Captain Cryptic, Bradley FIsh, Xiren, Fictitious Collective..... none of which I know anything about yet.

Today I deferred any vinyl purchases till I have a better look around, but in looking I drew up a little list of some records I have looked for but failed to find in England:

Doors, Strange Days
    Who, Sell Out
    Soundgarden, Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, Down on the Upside.

Will be looking out for these and more, and am bound to find some. Good times! :D
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Jokertt wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Jokertt wrote:
    I cant believe how great these sound . $28.00 with shipping to my door
    the name on these make me laugh ever time !!
    4a27af6b.jpg
    8a98483a.jpg

yup. this LP does sound great!! i was ready for it to sound like crap & was pleasantly surprised!!! :D

and it was the Yield Tour Big Plus in my Book . :mrgreen:

I just picked this up as well!
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Nirvana Heat Shaped Box 12" promo
    Mother Love Bone Shine
    Metallica Garage Inc (Sealed 1998 Electra pressing)
    Metallica AJFA (Green Vinyl)

There was a record show in DC not too long ago and they had a bunch of out of print PJ stuff, but of course they didnt take plastic....

The PJ stuff they had were 45's like Spin the Black Circle and Who you are.

I snagged Alive, Daughter, Merkin Ball, Who You are. :D
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Jokertt wrote:
    4a27af6b.jpg
    8a98483a.jpg

this one :D ....just couldn't resist ;)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    71step28 wrote:
    Jokertt wrote:
    4a27af6b.jpg
    8a98483a.jpg

Where do you all get these?
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    tremors wrote:
    Have landed safe and sound in Seattle! Went book shopping today, but can already tell my holiday is going to have to feature some VINYL! They have some great second hand records to be found here, no doubt about it - and cheaper than the UK. My friends had some vinyl waiting for me, as a welcoming present, aw.... too kind!

$%28KGrHqJ,!iwE3QOY,jB7BOCCJupqNQ~~0_12.JPG

I don't know much about this, but I think it is a collection of local indie talent, from some DIY ethos bands (whatever that means!) Can't wait to hear it when I get home. Double LP featuring some bands like Grand Concourse, Mudphonic, Captain Cryptic, Bradley FIsh, Xiren, Fictitious Collective..... none of which I know anything about yet.

Today I deferred any vinyl purchases till I have a better look around, but in looking I drew up a little list of some records I have looked for but failed to find in England:

Doors, Strange Days
    Who, Sell Out
    Soundgarden, Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, Down on the Upside.

Will be looking out for these and more, and am bound to find some. Good times! :D

Enjoy Seattle!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Band of Horses - Everything All the Time
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
    Queen - A Night at the Opera

I was very tempted by a Queens of the Stone Age 10" of Feel Good Hit of the Summer. Now I kinda regret not getting it :?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    thefixer9 wrote:

Enjoy Seattle!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks Rico! I love it here - this is my 7th visit since 1989 I think. My favourite things in life are pretty much music, books, coffee and good discussion - all of which your town knows how to do so well!!! :D:D

your going to need another suitcase

:lol: That's exactly what my friends said to me yesterday! They said I had brought too much stuff, with not enough room left for my goodies to return. I will find a way!

Good day hanging out in Seattle today, and yes the day did feature some vinyl finding and buying.

Picked up 3 records which I have been looking for in England. Doors Strange Days, which I never ever see, but always look for. Doors LA woman - nice pressing - I have two copies of this back home, neither of which I am happy with, the doors pressings from certain eras are a bit lousy, but I think I know what I am looking for now, and found a good one today. Janis Joplin, Pearl - one of my all time favourite albums which I've never owned on vinyl. Found a beaten up copy for 99c, which got me in the mood for it - bought that, then went across the road and found a much nicer copy of the same album for $13. Good day out, but I can't keep spending at this rate, or I'll be eating baked beans next month! One more vinyl hunt is probably in the pipeline - that's all!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    71step28 wrote:
    Jokertt wrote:

Where do you all get these?

I only have that one . the pic just keeps moving on . :D

i guess there was only 500 pressed...

i have seen them on eBay, musicstack , discogs . and a few online record stores . I would have to think there getting slim . $35.00 would be a good deal if you find one

I got mine from a online record stores and they said they only had a few left . and that was weeks ago.
    I just cant bring myself to do ebay . !! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Jokertt wrote:

I only have that one . the pic just keeps moving on . :D

i guess there was only 500 pressed...

i have seen them on eBay, musicstack , discogs . and a few online record stores . I would have to think there getting slim . $35.00 would be a good deal if you find one

I got mine from a online record stores and they said they only had a few left . and that was weeks ago.
    I just cant bring myself to do ebay . !! :lol::lol:
    I went the ebay way from the start, was to lazy to look further and got it for AU$39 (€30). PLUS shipping of course which is not a small amount from Australia to Germany. But the shipping costs would add to any store, so I'd have to pay them anyway :)
    I just had a look and found another from the same seller, so still some availabe :)
  • Options
    I was in Chicago last week after seeing Ed in St Louis/Minneapolis and bought the Melbourne '98 bootleg as well!
    Also:
    Give Till It's Gone - Ben Harper
    Circuital - MMJ
    Get Evens - the Evens
    In God We Trust, Inc - Dead Kennedys (first pressing)
    Illinois - Sufjan Stevens
    Couldn't Stand the Weather - SRV (first pressing)
    Horehound - Dead Weather
    Absolutely Live - the Doors
    Black Market Clash (original 10")

Singles:
    Division Day and Pretty (Ugly Before) - Elliott Smith
    Furniture and 3 Songs - Fugazi
    Shimmer and Shine 10" - Ben Harper
    Immortality RSD 7" and Longing to Belong
    and then out of curiosity:
    Jack Pepsi (promo limited to 3000) - Tad
    Nancy Sin (promo limited to 3500) - Beat Happening
    Stranger - Skin Yard

All in all a successful outing :mrgreen:
    This is not for you...
    Speaking as a child of the nineties
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Karen Dalton - In My Own Time
    In_My_Own_Time-Karen_Dalton_480.jpg
  • Options
    I was in Chicago last week after seeing Ed in St Louis/Minneapolis and bought the Melbourne '98 bootleg as well!
    Also:
    Circuital - MMJ
    Get Evens - the Evens
    Horehound - Dead Weather

Singles:
    Stranger - Skin Yard

Nice Work !! :D
  • Options
    Jokertt wrote:
    Also:
    Circuital - MMJ
    Get Evens - the Evens
    Horehound - Dead Weather

Singles:
    Stranger - Skin Yard

Nice Work !! :D
    Haha, thanks! Vinyl (and music in general) is way cheaper there than in Winnipeg - I just couldn't resist :D
    This is not for you...
    Speaking as a child of the nineties
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,160
    Jokertt wrote:
    4a27af6b.jpg
    8a98483a.jpg

I also just found this at a store in Denver for $26.00. I thought it was gonna sound like shit. Agreed, it sounds great!!
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    Abe Froman wrote:
    Jokertt wrote:
    4a27af6b.jpg
    8a98483a.jpg

I also just found this at a store in Denver for $26.00. I thought it was gonna sound like shit. Agreed, it sounds great!!
    Recently just got this and am very pleased as well :mrgreen:
    ~JzP
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    51HZHshl42L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    whyshouldthefiredie.jpg
    16533.jpg
    (This was the first release of Alligator Records)
    I also found this pick of Hound Dog Taylor
    taylors_left_hand.jpg?w=200&h=282
    ~JzP
  • Options
    Leroy74Leroy74 Posts: 35
    Yarden wrote:

The original or the Light In The Attack reissue?

Such an amazing album
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,048
    Tool - Aenima Green Vinyl

Tool - Lateralus Blue Vinyl

Temple of the Dog - Green Vinyl
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,674

those are some very solid albums right there!
  • Options
    May 30th wrote:

those are some very solid albums right there!

All bootlegs, the Temple of the Dog quality of sound, could be better.
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options

on the Tool LP's Really ???

you could have bought the alot better sounding copy's and not the fake bootlegs . Let me guess you got those on eBay . :?

People need to stop buying from this seller on eBay . its all junk bootlegs everything they sell !!

I can see why you bought the "temple of the dog" . but those Tools Vinyl's you could have payed cheaper and got them sealed !!
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Jokertt wrote:

you could have bought the alot better sounding copy's and not the fake bootlegs . Let me guess you got those on eBay . :?

People need to stop buying from this seller on eBay . its all junk bootlegs everything they sell !!

I can see why you bought the "temple of the dog" . but those Tools Vinyl's you could have payed cheaper and got them sealed !!

How much are those Tool records going for now?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,509
    Jokertt wrote:

How much are those Tool records going for now?

You're not going to find a real Aenima vinyl at a decent price. It is long out of print and I've seen them go for hundreds of dollars. Lateralus was still in print a few years ago and I picked it up for about $40 brand new. I'm not sure if it is still available or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You're not going to find a real Aenima vinyl at a decent price. It is long out of print and I've seen them go for hundreds of dollars. Lateralus was still in print a few years ago and I picked it up for about $40 brand new. I'm not sure if it is still available or not.[/quote]

i can get Aenima all day for alot cheaper . sealed and it will even sound good !!

there has been a few ten clubber that have bought these ask them

I know that candy green, and other colors ... one sounds like crap . very low volume !

and you know your buying them when there not sealed . UK junk !
    Post edited by Jokertt14 on
  • Options
    Jokertt wrote:

All Lp's are brand new and sealed. The Tool albums sound great!!! I paid $35.99 a piece, from a local record dealer hear in Michigan. They ordered the Lp's for me.
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Jokertt wrote:
    You're not going to find a real Aenima vinyl at a decent price. It is long out of print and I've seen them go for hundreds of dollars. Lateralus was still in print a few years ago and I picked it up for about $40 brand new. I'm not sure if it is still available or not.

i can get Aenima all day for alot cheaper . sealed and it will even sound good !!

there has been a few ten clubber that have bought these ask them
    [/quote]

I have seen your posts, I'll give you a try next time. Thanks!!! :D
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Leroy74 wrote:
    Yarden wrote:

The original or the Light In The Attack reissue?

Such an amazing album

The reissue. Do you have a copy of it?

also got her first record from them a couple of years ago..