Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    reesdog said:

brianlux said:

I know it's not doing my ears any good but damn this record rocks hard! British import LP. Beautiful!

Awesome Brian, easy one to find that? Recent reissue?

There not real common in stores (my record store guy didn't have it) so I went on line to Discogs . I'm pretty sure this was only released on vinyl in UK and Europe. I paid $25 US plus postage and it's in excellent condition. Very happy with the price considering!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,945
    reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Wire - Pink Flag.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Original from 1977.

So stoked to get this album on vinyl, Wire are one of my favourite bands and this is really hard to come by these days. This is their debut album and a punk classic!

What an amazing LP, reesdog! Congrats- especially on scoring an original!! I purchased a nice reprint from Red Devil Records in San Rafael (great store) last year for around $20 or $25 US. Worth every cent. An amazing record, for sure! A must-have.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    brianlux said:

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Wire - Pink Flag.
    Original from 1977.

So stoked to get this album on vinyl, Wire are one of my favourite bands and this is really hard to come by these days. This is their debut album and a punk classic!

What an amazing LP, reesdog! Congrats- especially on scoring an original!! I purchased a nice reprint from Red Devil Records in San Rafael (great store) last year for around $20 or $25 US. Worth every cent. An amazing record, for sure! A must-have.
    Thanks Brian, yeah I think it was seeing your copy posted here a while back that made me go after this one.. :) Such an amazing, forward-thinking band. Obviously a big influence on Fugazi..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

reesdog said:

brianlux said:

I know it's not doing my ears any good but damn this record rocks hard! British import LP. Beautiful!

Awesome Brian, easy one to find that? Recent reissue?

There not real common in stores (my record store guy didn't have it) so I went on line to Discogs . I'm pretty sure this was only released on vinyl in UK and Europe. I paid $25 US plus postage and it's in excellent condition. Very happy with the price considering!
    Cheers, will look up on Discogs ( the internets bible for records)..

• Options
    Tiki said:

Ordered

Great album!
    reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Wire - Pink Flag.
    Original from 1977.

Another classic album. 12XU original!
  • Options
    reesdog said:

brianlux said:

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Wire - Pink Flag.
    Original from 1977.

Thanks Brian, yeah I think it was seeing your copy posted here a while back that made me go after this one.. :) Such an amazing, forward-thinking band. Obviously a big influence on Fugazi..
    Minor Threat covered 12XU.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040

mcgruff10 said:

Pearl Jam: orpheum 94. Greatest immortality ever.

Nice. Did you buy the whole box set or were you able to find just the orpheum vinyl? That's all i really want from the box. Drop in the park vinyl would be nice too.
    I got just the vinyl from each box set (orpheum and drop in the park). Both sound incredible.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Dire Straits self titled

Peter Gabriel 3

Rush - Signals

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,033

Both those copies of Pet Sounds (Mono and Stereo) and Kind of Blue are the best sounding versions of those albums that I own. (I have the Capitol vault mono PS, the 50th stereo and Mono pressing of PS, an original mono KoB, a mono Sony repress of KoB, and a stereo KoB repress of KoB). These blow all of those away. But the mono KoB are great as well.

The Frank ocean records are boots, but they sound good. Especially Blond.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    edited November 2016

Both those copies of Pet Sounds (Mono and Stereo) and Kind of Blue are the best sounding versions of those albums that I own. (I have the Capitol vault mono PS, the 50th stereo and Mono pressing of PS, an original mono KoB, a mono Sony repress of KoB, and a stereo KoB repress of KoB). These blow all of those away. But the mono KoB are great as well.

The Frank ocean records are boots, but they sound good. Especially Blond.

I have the KOB Kevin Gray remaster on blue marble. It's single vinyl though. It was one of the first albums I bought, for obvious reasons. Everyone should own it. I would like to get that MOFI version you have though. But no complaints on my version.
  • Options
    I don't think mine is the Kevin Gray cut, it was just a $15 single LP I bought new in the early aughts. I haven't listened to it in years since getting an original mono and the RSD mono a few years back. This could be the divinities stereo version for me though. It's well pressed.

Also the Petsounds are the Analogue Production pressings from earlier this year.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm currently hunting down a 2007 Euro version of Joshua Tree (2 LP 180g). I have the 87 original and it sounds very good, but it's old. I'd love to hear Joshua in an upgraded press. But it's a bitch to find.
  • Options
    U2 is a band that surprises me that they don't do a more aggressive reissue campaign. All the 60s and 70s bands reissue aggressively, but huge bands like U2 and R.E.M. Are way more passive about it.
  • Options
    TvanTvan Chicago Posts: 73
    Picked up Stranger Things OST Volume 1 over the weekend.

Great music, definitely suited the show very well. Kinda irks me that it didn't come with a download though.
    EAST TROY, WI 9/3/11
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/22/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/18/18
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/18
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

U2 is a band that surprises me that they don't do a more aggressive reissue campaign. All the 60s and 70s bands reissue aggressively, but huge bands like U2 and R.E.M. Are way more passive about it.

R.E.M. is reissuing Out Of Time this month.

I can see Universal doing this for Joshua since it turns 30 next year.
  • Options
    Oh, both bands have been reissuing albums for the past 7-8 years, I'm just surprised they haven't done a big box set like the Beatles or Stones or any other countless bands. Or have done a coordinated reissue campaign like Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin have done the past 2 years. Certainly the bands are worthy of it. But pumping out one reissue every couple of years is tedious and stunts excitement for the whole catalog.

I have OPs of all their albums, but A nice box set or reissues on 180g mastered from original tapes with new liners or a book or a bonus LP of rarities, I'd splurge on.
  • Options

Oh, both bands have been reissuing albums for the past 7-8 years, I'm just surprised they haven't done a big box set like the Beatles or Stones or any other countless bands. Or have done a coordinated reissue campaign like Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin have done the past 2 years. Certainly the bands are worthy of it. But pumping out one reissue every couple of years is tedious and stunts excitement for the whole catalog.

I have OPs of all their albums, but A nice box set or reissues on 180g mastered from original tapes with new liners or a book or a bonus LP of rarities, I'd splurge on.

Tom Petty reissues are going to be stellar.

Do you have U2 War? I love the album but hear terrible things about the vinyl.
  • Options
    Yes. Sounds fine to me.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    mrussel1 said:

Tom Petty reissues are going to be stellar.

Do you have U2 War? I love the album but hear terrible things about the vinyl.
    Yeah, sounds good to me too. I think I have the original Canadian pressing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    edited November 2016
    On vacation in LA so I got LA Woman by The Doors and Are You Experienced by Hendrix/ I've been on Hendrix kick lately
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    LukinFan said:

On vacation in LA so I got LA Woman by The Doors and Are You Experienced by Hendrix/ I've been on Hendrix kick lately

nice, buddy!! did you go to Ameoba on Hollywood Blvd?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Second-hand:

The Angels - Greatest.
    Original from 1980.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    mfc2006 said:

LukinFan said:

I did! Really cool store. I'm in Anaheim now, so I plan on searching for a record store here too.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:

mfc2006 said:

LukinFan said:

I did! Really cool store. I'm in Anaheim now, so I plan on searching for a record store here too.
    Nice! Love that store. Could easily spend all day (& way too much $) there!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Pearl Jam--Vault 6!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited November 2016

R.E.M. is reissuing Out Of Time this month.

I can see Universal doing this for Joshua since it turns 30 next year.
    Well I got the whole anniversary deluxe Atchung Baby package, and don't feel like it's anything particularly worth having. I mean, great album, it's just that I find the demos and what not pretty pointless. Also, the remastered original material doesn't sound better than the original. It's kind of a cool package I guess, with blue vinyl, but it turns out it wasn't even close to being worth the expense. I wish I had just bought a used copy of the album.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Original 2003 pressing of The White Stripes - Elephant on red and white vinyl.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just ordered the new Lost Highway Reissue from MOV, on yellow vinyl. Bullmoose cancelled my preorder but just picked it up for $32 w/ free shipping from Amoeba. 2,000 copies.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    bflynn1 said:

Original 2003 pressing of The White Stripes - Elephant on red and white vinyl.

Wow. Is it the crazy priced promo? I have the RSD and that's near a hundred bucks now.

Phenomenal album.

Shit..edit. I thought I read GBMS. Duh.
  • Options
    One week until delivery of Badmotorfinger silver edition and Animals reissue.