Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,586

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    PJ_Soul said:

Awesome! Would love to get the new Bruce...but I'm pretty much broke... :(( I need a job!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    American Hustle OST up for preorder on Amazon. Should be good.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    thefixer9 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Awesome! Would love to get the new Bruce...but I'm pretty much broke... :(( I need a job!!!
    It will be my first Bruce Springsteen album since Born In the USA. :P But I like the new album (or at least the 7 or so songs I've heard from it. Something soothing about it. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul said:

nice pickups PJ Soul sista
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Pixies - EP2
  • Options
    how are you guys posting photos these days? Cant get photobucket to work
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,761

how are you guys posting photos these days? Cant get photobucket to work

http://postimage.org/

350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

New:
    :)
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    I just picked up Blind Melon. ST. Does anyone know if this is re-pressed after the record store day release? It is 2013, came in a plain shrink wrap with no stickers. Barcode is the same as RSD release. Also has the "Sippin' Time Sessions". I missed out on RSD release but the local store had about a dozen of these in after a restock last week. As far as I can tell it isn't limited. I wasn't aware of them repressing more after RSD but maybe they did. Any knowledge of this is thanks'ed.
    Only bummer is mine is warped. About first 20 seconds of 'Soak The Sin' is unplayable. After that it plays fine. I'll take it back this week when I get time. Hopefully they still have half a dozen or more by then ;))
    gorgeous was his savior
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Foe40dees said:

I just picked up Blind Melon. ST. Does anyone know if this is re-pressed after the record store day release? It is 2013, came in a plain shrink wrap with no stickers. Barcode is the same as RSD release. Also has the "Sippin' Time Sessions". I missed out on RSD release but the local store had about a dozen of these in after a restock last week. As far as I can tell it isn't limited. I wasn't aware of them repressing more after RSD but maybe they did. Any knowledge of this is thanks'ed.
    Only bummer is mine is warped. About first 20 seconds of 'Soak The Sin' is unplayable. After that it plays fine. I'll take it back this week when I get time. Hopefully they still have half a dozen or more by then ;))

I don't think the RSD release was reissued.... it is strange that they suddenly have a dozen copies of it (you should grab another one if yours is messed up! I wouldn't be able to live with that :P ). But I think they must have just had some overstock in the first place and just now decided to release it instead of hoarding it.
    I am very curious to see if they release Soup for RSD now.... and even Nico, which was never even pressed on vinyl in the first place! That would be awesome!! Nico is great!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    barnburner13barnburner13 Princeton, Illinois Posts: 8
    I just picked up Wu Tang Clan -Enter the WuTang Clan (36 Chambers)
    Dj Shadow Endtroducing and
    the reissue of Siamese Dream
    Nov 26, 1991 Normal, Illinois July 19, 2013 Wrigley FIeld
  • Options
    If you don't know these guys, they are a great band from Scotland that are no longer together, they put out three albums, this the second is the best in my opinion...

Second-hand:
    UK original from 2001. :)
  • Options

imageimage

image This is my non-Pearl Jam holy grail!! I totally couldn't afford it, but I found one that's MINT! I've never even seen one that still had the shrink on before I don't think.... so I couldn't not buy it, right?? image I guess I will be asking friends to help me move after all, because I just spent my movers money. Sorry buddies! I will play Soup while you move my furniture at least. image
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul said:

imageimage

image This is my non-Pearl Jam holy grail!! I totally couldn't afford it, but I found one that's MINT! I've never even seen one that still had the shrink on before I don't think.... so I couldn't not buy it, right?? image I guess I will be asking friends to help me move after all, because I just spent my movers money. Sorry buddies! I will play Soup while you move my furniture at least. image

ridiculous, your collection seems mighty fine PJ Soul

congrats on a great addition, super dooper envious
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee said:

PJ_Soul said:

imageimage

Thanks! :D Don't envy me too much - I'm poor now. :P
  • Options
    reesdog said:

If you don't know these guys, they are a great band from Scotland that are no longer together, they put out three albums, this the second is the best in my opinion...

Second-hand:

Haven't heard of them - I will check them out, thanks! :)
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    This is for Dr.Delight. Great album sounds fantastic, really like the dialogue.

photo IMG_20140118_115556675_zpstmtgvyos.jpg
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Really good music. Been listening to them for some time. They're also featured on the High Fidelity soundtrack with a really great moment in the movie. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it.
    here for the music...
  • Options
    smarchee said:

PJ_Soul said:

imageimage

Gotta agree with El Smarcho, great addition PJ Soul, I'm quite jealous too! Expensive? ;)
  • Options

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Really good music. Been listening to them for some time. They're also featured on the High Fidelity soundtrack with a really great moment in the movie. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it.
    Yeah I forgot about that, love that movie! 'Dry The Rain' was the song I think, one of their best tracks, though not on this record...
  • Options
    reesdog said:

smarchee said:

PJ_Soul said:

imageimage

Gotta agree with El Smarcho, great addition PJ Soul, I'm quite jealous too! Expensive? ;)
    $229.50 USD. image .... Which is a pretty decent price for a mint copy. Under the average market price as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    The mailman just dropped off, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Soundtrack.
    This was a private pressing done by Will Ferrell himself and there were only less than 200 available to the general public.
    The front of the album has a large felt/fabric mustache on it and the writing on front has raised letters. Very well made and funny to first see!
    I ordered the LP last week from soundstagedirect.com and today, I now see that the LP has been discontinued! Just got my order in on time I guess!

• Options
    reesdog said:

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Yeah I forgot about that, love that movie! 'Dry The Rain' was the song I think, one of their best tracks, though not on this record...
    I've listened to some of them now, and they're good! I like them! :-bd
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Nice. Haven't listened to them for a while, but saw them open for Radiohead when they toured for Amnesiac/Kid A. As a previous posted said, great scene mentioning them in High Fidelity.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

Nice. Haven't listened to them for a while, but saw them open for Radiohead when they toured for Amnesiac/Kid A. As a previous posted said, great scene mentioning them in High Fidelity.

^^^ reesdog, do you mind if I ask how much that was? I had a little look for this album online, and they are kinda pricey - $100 and up range for mint-ish!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

jervin007 said:

reesdog said:

Second-hand:

^^^ reesdog, do you mind if I ask how much that was? I had a little look for this album online, and they are kinda pricey - $100 and up range for mint-ish!
    Yeah course PJ_Soul, well I think I must have got a pretty good deal then, brought mine off Discogs for US$40 + $16 shipping, NM all round. Not quite as much as you paid for that Blind Melon, wow that's a lot! But, hey I know when you gotta have it, you gotta have it...
    ;)
    Post edited by reesdog on
  • Options
    One of the best old school flavour Hip-Hop groups right here...

Second-hand:
    Original from 2002.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    photo IMG_20140121_195235883_zpsgw3nsyjy.jpg
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/