Reported that Padres offered 10yr/ $400m for Judge

imagine that lineup
    crazy SD has dough now 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    edited December 2022
    Crazy 💰 
    Yanks should let him go at that amount.
    Hard disagree. The Yankees should be the Yankees and sign everyone they want for whatever it takes because they’re the Yankees and they can
    Reportedly Judge took less money to return to the Yanks.  Quite interesting huh?  :o
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Obviously very happy. Had to do it 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524
    who now, cliffy? rodon?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    who now, cliffy? rodon?
    Hope so. Need a lot more than running the same team back 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Crazy 💰 
    Hard disagree. The Yankees should be the Yankees and sign everyone they want for whatever it takes because they’re the Yankees and they can
    Reportedly Judge took less money to return to the Yanks.  Quite interesting huh?  :o
    Lol it is, and if both are true quite the bad look for the Padres 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Crazy 💰 
    The only reason to chose San Diego over New York or Philly (at the moment) is the weather.  I never thought Judge was leaving the Yanks and it's better for baseball that he is with the Yanks.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Crazy 💰 
    The only reason to chose San Diego over New York or Philly (at the moment) is the weather.  I never thought Judge was leaving the Yanks and it's better for baseball that he is with the Yanks.  
    Hiw much time have you spent in San Diego?
    There are some pretty amazing things about that area.  (It is not just a place with the best weather.)
    I like Philly much more than NY, would be a no contest decision there for me.  
    SD?  If I'm rich as hell it is tough to imagine a much nicer place to live.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:
    Crazy 💰 
    Hiw much time have you spent in San Diego?
    There are some pretty amazing things about that area.  (It is not just a place with the best weather.)
    I like Philly much more than NY, would be a no contest decision there for me.  
    SD?  If I'm rich as hell it is tough to imagine a much nicer place to live.
    I meant choosing NY and Philly over SD for baseball.   If I didn't have such roots and so much family in the East I'd love to move to San Diego and/or retire there.  Perfect weather for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Also, being a 30 year old dude with literally half a billion dollars, as great as the cities are, if you pick San Diego or Philly over New York you are legitimately dumb. All things being equal

That is objectively a bad decision  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Not sure I agree but it would be awfully nice to have had that choice at 30!  😀
  • Options
    Bad take 
  • Options
    Not sure I agree but it would be awfully nice to have had that choice at 30!  😀
    You’ve had two bad Yankees takes in as many weeks. Philly is very I cool, I love it. But it’s a completely outrageous take to have that access in New York City and not take it. That’s a different world than any of us will ever know  
  • Options
    Ha.  No accounting for taste, I guess.  :)
    I grew up with Yankees fans but I'm not one.
    Is there an unlocked world to filthy rich people in NYC?  I'm sure.  
    I can hear some of my family members having the same take as you, touting the Uber rich life in "the world's greatest city "  Wonders we could never know, even if we were very well off.

I know that the elite have different access in other cities as well.  It would be great fun to have.

Also, not everyone goes gaga over New York.  I've not lived there, but there is a reason for that.  Both of my parents grew up there, my older brother lived there,  Mrs FMe wanted to move there when we came back east from SoCal.  I was there weekly for a while in the 2010s doing biz with a guy who was in the minor leagues of the NYC Elite.  

Would be a fun discussion over a few drinks, love to hear about how whacked my opinions are.  :lol:   

I'm glad Yankees fans got to keep their guy.  Hope he likes hanging out with the families of Icahn, Bloomberg, Murdock, Ross, and the like.  

What do I know about being a fan of a ballclub who spends, anyway.  The Redlegs give away most of their players as soon as their roster starts to get pricey.  The Yanks have gone 13 years without a WS but the Reds have gone 32.
  • Options
    I can hear some of my family members having the same take as you, touting the Uber rich life in "the world's greatest city "  Wonders we could never know, even if we were very well off.

I know that the elite have different access in other cities as well.  It would be great fun to have.

Also, not everyone goes gaga over New York.  I've not lived there, but there is a reason for that.  Both of my parents grew up there, my older brother lived there,  Mrs FMe wanted to move there when we came back east from SoCal.  I was there weekly for a while in the 2010s doing biz with a guy who was in the minor leagues of the NYC Elite.  

Would be a fun discussion over a few drinks, love to hear about how whacked my opinions are.  :lol:   

I'm glad Yankees fans got to keep their guy.  Hope he likes hanging out with the families of Icahn, Bloomberg, Murdock, Ross, and the like.  

What do I know about being a fan of a ballclub who spends, anyway.  The Redlegs give away most of their players as soon as their roster starts to get pricey.  The Yanks have gone 13 years without a WS but the Reds have gone 32.
    I've lived in both coasts and Cali is my favorite place to be but, NY has much more in such a smaller proximity.

Any music act you can think of plays here. Stones throw from the Caribbean and Europe.
  • Options

I've lived in both coasts and Cali is my favorite place to be but, NY has much more in such a smaller proximity.

Any music act you can think of plays here. Stones throw from the Caribbean and Europe.
    Part of being filthy rich is stuff could be brought to me.  As far as music acts, LA is fine.  Flights don't play into it, too much, for me as I'm good with an extra 3-4 hours if I want to fly to Paris so that I can live where I want to live.
    Give me Hawaii (Lanai if I'm a big baller like Judge) and I won't miss the Caribbean -- keeping in mind that my massive place in La Jolla or wherever I live is just as good as being in the Caribbean.

This is silly, though, it is Judge's call and we see he would rather be in NYC, for whatever his reasons.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,524
    “two bad takes in as many weeks” :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,535
    edited December 2022
    This is such a dumb argument. There are plenty of valid reasons to want to live in NYC, Phila or SD. It's not like there's a Siberia team in MLB.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    This is such a dumb argument. There are plenty of valid reasons to want to live in NYC, Phila or SD. It's not like there's a Siberia team in MLB.
    Agree.  I was countering the statement that it was dumb to want to play anywhere other than NYC.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    “two bad takes in as many weeks” :lol:
    I'll try to remember to come back with another one,  next week.
    I love Yankees fans....as shared, I grew up amongst them.  Totally different view on baseball.
  • Options
    Lol I was drunk but point was the city is a much different experience for people with that kind of money 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,535
    Lol I was drunk but point was the city is a much different experience for people with that kind of money 
    Does going to Eyes Wide Shut parties get old? (probably not lol)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I'm sure that is the case.
  • Options
    Does going to Eyes Wide Shut parties get old? (probably not lol)
    You have to wrap it around Surviving The Game weekend trips with your old chums from boarding school.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,470
    They're saying Yankees might trade for Tatis
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Actually there is, it's called Minnesota..
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    They're saying Yankees might trade for Tatis
    Well that would free up some questions I have in regards to their roster and placement.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,238
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Good luck with that contract.

congrats, I guess. I know cliffy will be happy.
    No doubt maybe 5/6 yrs will be ok… but they couldn’t let him walk
    it’s all funny money, anyway….millionaires working for billionaires….even if judge has some huge drop off, the yankees will survive.
    Correa now for the  Giants ?
    No, they have Luciano literally waiting to come up.
    😜