The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    watching the game again now on YES Encore

forgot all about that brick wall serving as molinas backup for that wild pitch ?
    that ball shot off there almost as qucik as an accurate throw from an experienced infielder
    thats was crazy in realtime - they almost picked off i think it was granderson at third !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    watching the game again now on YES Encore

forgot all about that brick wall serving as molinas backup for that wild pitch ?
    that ball shot off there almost as qucik as an accurate throw from an experienced infielder
    thats was crazy in realtime - they almost picked off i think it was granderson at third !

as soon as it hit i said oh no he is gonna get caught at 3rd
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    papelbum gives up 4 in the 9th to blow it !!! nice
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    ok CC we need to handle business tonight
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    glad we are out of texas. those were two hard fought games.

bring on the 4 game sweep of KC 8-)
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    damn

Peter (Seattle)Which current hitter would you compare Jesus Montero to? If he goes to a different team any chance he stays behind the plate?

Klaw - Physically and in his swing, he reminds me of Frank Thomas. And I know that's an insane comp to put on a guy, but I don't think that's out of the question as an optimistic long-term projection.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    The Fixer wrote:
    damn

Peter (Seattle)Which current hitter would you compare Jesus Montero to? If he goes to a different team any chance he stays behind the plate?

Klaw - Physically and in his swing, he reminds me of Frank Thomas. And I know that's an insane comp to put on a guy, but I don't think that's out of the question as an optimistic long-term projection.

That is pretty fucking phenomenal. I can't wait for this kid to make it to the big leagues.
    dam thought the game was 7 :evil:
    Mo not available? What the fuck?
    Forgot he pitched the first night in Texas. Good win. Little too close for my liking.
  • he pitched 4 of the last 5 days. Girardi is looking big picture here. They do not have an off day until 8/26. Can't pitch Mo every night. Nice to see a kid like Robertson get the job done, albeit with a hiccup. Gotta throw these kids into the fire once ina while, test them
    jesus that was too close for comfort :mrgreen:

mo needed rest

big man 15-5 sweet
    big day for andy..minor setback yesterday ..something with his hip

he is supposed to throw simulated game today...fingers crossed

im shocked aceves seems so close... thought he was done for the year

it would be awesome to has him back in rythmn
    Models offering discounted Yankee tickets this weekend.
    Of course it is for selected games both day and night .
    Go gettem ' ....
    platessmall.jpg
  • Due to Cincy - St.Louis brawl -- ESPN has been playing top 10 brawls in MLB history. Yanks vs. Baltimore '98 made the list. Man those highlights are hilarious. The flying Strawberry left hand to benitez. Brosious somehow ending up right in front of benitez then backing away like..."oh hell no" hahah. and Graham the madman Lloyd!!!!

Though the funniest brawl might have been the Chan Ho Park drop kick to Belcher or the minor leaguer who kicks the catcher then runs out to the mound.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    Due to Cincy - St.Louis brawl -- ESPN has been playing top 10 brawls in MLB history. Yanks vs. Baltimore '98 made the list. Man those highlights are hilarious. The flying Strawberry left hand to benitez. Brosious somehow ending up right in front of benitez then backing away like..."oh hell no" hahah. and Graham the madman Lloyd!!!!

Though the funniest brawl might have been the Chan Ho Park drop kick to Belcher or the minor leaguer who kicks the catcher then runs out to the mound.

grahmn llyod was the best flying in from the bullpen great fight
    Due to Cincy - St.Louis brawl -- ESPN has been playing top 10 brawls in MLB history. Yanks vs. Baltimore '98 made the list. Man those highlights are hilarious. The flying Strawberry left hand to benitez. Brosious somehow ending up right in front of benitez then backing away like..."oh hell no" hahah. and Graham the madman Lloyd!!!!

That was awesome. I was actually at Aramando Benitez's Yankees debut during his extremely brief stint in the Bronx. The stadium booed him the entire time he was on the mound.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That was awesome. I was actually at Aramando Benitez's Yankees debut during his extremely brief stint in the Bronx. The stadium booed him the entire time he was on the mound.

with the boss looking on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXttNUd_7YI
    anybody have video of that fight not on youtube? guys at work have never seen it
    anybody have video of that fight not on youtube? guys at work have never seen it

just posted it in the post above yours.

One post above you thanks to Rival.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

That's the highlight of the brawl. Both teams get out to the field, just talking, and then you see Grahmn Lloyd fly out of the bullpen and then it all escalates.

I hope they show the top 10 brawls again.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

That's the highlight of the brawl. Both teams get out to the field, just talking, and then you see Grahmn Lloyd fly out of the bullpen and then it all escalates.

I hope they show the top 10 brawls again.

Strawberry was my favorite. He basically said "Fuck this, he needs to get knocked the fuck out"
  • here's poor quality video of the top 10...

I can't figure out who benitez swings at right after lloyd freaks and right before strawberry clocks him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUh0n6qUtM8
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    rival. wrote:

just posted it in the post above yours.

thanks i needed non youtube but ill watch it at home later

it always good to have that handy :mrgreen:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    It's tough to find that entire fight. That fight is like top 3 in Yankees history. My dad agrees but he says the Yankees/Red Sox fights in the 70s were better.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    cmon moses give us another solid outing
    GAUDIN IF the game starts back up?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    wish the phils would start inking some guys. the deadline to sign 2010 draft picks is monday night at 11:59. this is certainly good news for you guys

Yankees Sign Gumbs For $750,000

Posted Aug. 13, 2010 4:22 pm by Jim Callis
    Filed under: Signings

The Yankees have signed second-round pick Angelo Gumbs for $750,000, the largest bonus below the supplemental first round so far this year. MLB's recommendation for Gumbs' No. 82 draft slot is $436,500.

An outfielder from Torrance (Calif.) High, Gumbs honed his game at MLB's Urban Youth Academy in Compton. He has outstanding bat speed and all of his tools grade as average or better. Though he's raw, his ceiling is intriguing.
    on another tangent, did anyone see those oragne oriole uniforms?

blecccch !
    platessmall.jpg