The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Well this is a pretty big kick in the balls to the whole Evil Empire thing. An outstanding write up on Hope Week.

http://riveraveblues.com/2010/08/its-ab ... eek-34111/

Tuesdays events were outstanding to see in person. I love that she goes to 30 games a year and experiences the games through just the sounds. That is just awesome. I also think it is fucking great that the Bleacher Creatures got involved and did the roll call for the kids yesterday.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Well this is a pretty big kick in the balls to the whole Evil Empire thing. An outstanding write up on Hope Week.

http://riveraveblues.com/2010/08/its-ab ... eek-34111/

Tuesdays events were outstanding to see in person. I love that she goes to 30 games a year and experiences the games through just the sounds. That is just awesome. I also think it is fucking great that the Bleacher Creatures got involved and did the roll call for the kids yesterday.

Best. Organization in sports. Shame people. Think the worst
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,790
    Woulda been a better birthday Cliffy had I not developed the "Spectrum Flu" but I wouldn't trade it in for the world. One of the best weeks ever!!

Gonna be tough to climb back against Felix
    This fucking guy is crazy good
    Hold. Off the. Ws. Talk

Looked good. Against felix :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CROJAM95 wrote:
    Fuck, if there is a WS in the Bronx...I wont be there this year due to Bridge School :x

Whose gonna accomidate me and switch the dates on their event...Uncle Neil or the Yankees?? :think:

While Game 3 of the 2009 WS was being played literally across the street from me, I was inside the Spectrum watching PJ tear the place down. i just wish that Score Lady hadn't disappeared once the Phillies lead did. And I'd do it again
  • if that's not evidence that wins are overrated in some instances when it comes to the CY Young, then I don't what is. The Mariners are a team that hits .237 and scored three runs or less for Hernandez 14 times.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Need a big game. From javy today. Post had. Good story about. Yanks calling up Ivan Nova on sept 1. To make a few starts. 12-3. 2.86 era. Triple a.
  • Need a big game. From javy today. Post had. Good story about. Yanks calling up Ivan Nova on sept 1. To make a few starts. 12-3. 2.86 era. Triple a.

Actually they did it after today's game and he will start Monday in Toronto.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    Need a big game. From javy today. Post had. Good story about. Yanks calling up Ivan Nova on sept 1. To make a few starts. 12-3. 2.86 era. Triple a.

Actually they did it after today's game and he will start Monday in Toronto.

Just read it

Arod on DL.

Good win. Today great bullpen work

Funny 2-3 months ago exact. Opposites. In regards to. Pitching on the team
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    our staring pitcher only delivers 9 outs before being hoisted?

i sure hope andy makes it back into the rotation, and quick .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    We need Andy.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Rainy, shitty weather out there,

hope we can get our game in and salvage a "W" .,...
    platessmall.jpg
    CC= cruise control is on baby

throwing upwards of 95 mph
    platessmall.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I'd be worried about the pitching staff if I was a yanks fan. Lot of question marks. They certainly don't look as unbeatable as they were last year...even though they're still the favorites to win it all.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I'd be worried about the pitching staff if I was a yanks fan. Lot of question marks. They certainly don't look as unbeatable as they were last year...even though they're still the favorites to win it all.

absolutely.

the loss of pettitte and the inability
    of the other remaining starters to
    put together a full length quality outing together,...
    is fucking us up bigtime .
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

absolutely.

At the risk of sounding like a complete homer, I dont know if I agree. I mean, look back to last August. Burnett was doing the same thing he is doing this year, Joba was pitching 5 innings a game max and Mitre was making a start every 5 days. Assuming Pettitte comes back healthy which seems to be the case since the Yanks are not really worried, I still think they are in a better spot with their pitchers.

CC and AJ are basically the same as last year, Burnetts overall numbers are a bit worse but its the same shit, you never know what you are going to get. Pettitte is Pettitte and will be back and I assume fine (maybe a rested Pettitte in the stretch will be big). Hughes is so much better than Joba and Javy as bad as he has been the past few weeks is still a better option than Mitre.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

absolutely.

At the risk of sounding like a complete homer, I dont know if I agree. I mean, look back to last August. Burnett was doing the same thing he is doing this year, Joba was pitching 5 innings a game max and Mitre was making a start every 5 days. Assuming Pettitte comes back healthy which seems to be the case since the Yanks are not really worried, I still think they are in a better spot with their pitchers.

CC and AJ are basically the same as last year, Burnetts overall numbers are a bit worse but its the same shit, you never know what you are going to get. Pettitte is Pettitte and will be back and I assume fine (maybe a rested Pettitte in the stretch will be big). Hughes is so much better than Joba and Javy as bad as he has been the past few weeks is still a better option than Mitre.

interesting. I don't watch anywhere near as much of the yanks as you, so your opinion is probably more accurate (as long as you're not being too biased...haha).

I don't know...as an outsider I think pettitte and burnett have taken steps back this year. hughes is obviously an upgrade, though he is unproven in terms of playoffs and IPs to this point in his career.

The bullpen also looks more vulnerable than last year. rivera is rivera, but other than that who really scares teams coming out of the yanks pen?

I know there was talk of MLB changing the playoff schedules so teams couldn't get away with only going with 3 starters in the 7 game series. Did they change that for 2010 or is that something that will be implemented down the road?
    The Fixer wrote:

interesting. I don't watch anywhere near as much of the yanks as you, so your opinion is probably more accurate (as long as you're not being too biased...haha).

I don't know...as an outsider I think pettitte and burnett have taken steps back this year. hughes is obviously an upgrade, though he is unproven in terms of playoffs and IPs to this point in his career.

The bullpen also looks more vulnerable than last year. rivera is rivera, but other than that who really scares teams coming out of the yanks pen?

I know there was talk of MLB changing the playoff schedules so teams couldn't get away with only going with 3 starters in the 7 game series. Did they change that for 2010 or is that something that will be implemented down the road?

Burnett has definitely taken a step back. It's seems like Bad AJ shows up a lot more often than Good AJ this year but he can still go out and throw a gem. Pettitte until he got hurt was having one of the best years of his career. His ERA and WHIP are some of the lowest numbers of his career, the lowest since 2005. Check out his numbers, he was having an incredible year. Hughes is a question mark with the innings and all but he has been solid all year.

Bullpen after looking absolutely awful for so long is looking pretty damn good of late. Robertson has been outstanding, Logan has been very good, Gaudin has been looking good, Kerry Wood has been good. A healthy Marte and Aceves would be huge. Seems like both last years bullpen and this years bullpen looked really shitty and turned out all right. I mean they are not throwing Soria out there in the 8th but Robertson has been great. Edit: And while Joba is very unlucky, I have absolutely zero faith in him. Hopefully he can get his shit together in the offseason but I have no confidence in him this season.

I think they did change the schedule this year so you have to use 4 pitchers.
    Grand salami. :mrgreen:

Hopefully the game is called
    Grand salami. :mrgreen:

Hopefully the game is called

Sounds like it is starting back up at 3:30
    Play ball
    Robby is the fucking man.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

6 RBIs,

not a bad day in the rain.

How about that shot to right field that just stopped in the puddle in front of Ichiro ?
    After Michael Kay was just gushing about the drainage in the new place and all that,

huh !
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

6 RBIs,

not a bad day in the rain.

How about that shot to right field that just stopped in the puddle in front of Ichiro ?
    After Michael Kay was just gushing about the drainage in the new place and all that,

huh !

haha, yeah. That was great. "This field is in such great shape, the grounds crew does such a great job here" then a soft single ends up a double because of a gigantic puddle. That was awesome.
    Good win. Today heading to Toronto
    CC set a franchise record today with his 16th consecutive start with 6 innings and 3 runs or less.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Who's the favorite to win the Cy Young this year?

Because Sabathia has to be heavy in the consideration.
  • tcaporale wrote:
    Who's the favorite to win the Cy Young this year?

Because Sabathia has to be heavy in the consideration.

I'm sure he'll get some consideration and consideration that he's on the Yankees.

Also, through games of August 22 this year, Yankee pitchers have a 3.83 ERA and through August 22, 2009 Yankee pitching was 4.38. The difference in win losses was in 2009 after August 22, which was Burnett losing 14-1, was 77-46. Last year on this date, Burnett was 10-7, 4.08 with 145 hits in 158 2/3 innings and 141:77 strikeouts to walks. This year on this date, Burnett is 9-11 with 158 hits in 148 innings and 110:60 strikeouts to walks.

The difference from 8/22/09 to this year is team batting average which was .280 last year and is .268. There's also a 10-point difference in OBP from .359 to .349 and a difference of 12 in home runs from 138 last year to 150 now.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    12-0 without A-Rod this year, that's just odd.