The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,752

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

If Beltran had signed with the Yankees earlier in his career. He would have 500 by now

What?
    Homeruns. The Yankees tried to sign him early in his career.
    Yeah, I get that but why? The short porch? I don't think that is anywhere near an additional 100 home runs
    Probably not. But he would be batting between Jeter and Alex in their prime years. He definitely would have more than 400.
    I miss igotid88
    We're going to need a complete game or a blowout game either way tomorrow
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    That was a very successful home stand
    Part of me thinks they should still try to trade Chapman by the trade deadline whether we're still in it or not. Get some good prospects. Then try to re-sign him in the offseason
    I miss igotid88

That was a very successful home stand

And still about 5 games from the 2nd wild card spot. It's going to be a long season. But we have the players to get there.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Part of me thinks they should still try to trade Chapman by the trade deadline whether we're still in it or not. Get some good prospects. Then try to re-sign him in the offseason

They should definitely trade him assuming the haul would be better than the draft pick they get for letting him walk. They aren't winning anything this year. I also think there is a 0% chance they sign him

igotid88 said:

They should definitely trade him assuming the haul would be better than the draft pick they get for letting him walk. They aren't winning anything this year. I also think there is a 0% chance they sign him
    I could see him demanding $15-20 million
    I miss igotid88
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    I am glad I shelled out the dough for good seats tonight....fuck me. Hoping they show up tomorrow.
    Headley was awful and Pineda just can't hold it together. He's still got the stuff, I don't get it. What good does the bullpen do if the team lays a steaming turd on the field night after night? Lots of expensive beers the first two games. Please win tomorrow. I don't think I can handle another day of fake ass Dback fans talking shit while they couldn't name a single fucking player on the team aside from Goldie. Although, it is satisfying to see more Yanks fans at Chase field than the home team. Worst major sports city in the world.

Headley was awful and Pineda just can't hold it together. He's still got the stuff, I don't get it. What good does the bullpen do if the team lays a steaming turd on the field night after night? Lots of expensive beers the first two games. Please win tomorrow. I don't think I can handle another day of fake ass Dback fans talking shit while they couldn't name a single fucking player on the team aside from Goldie. Although, it is satisfying to see more Yanks fans at Chase field than the home team. Worst major sports city in the world.

Brutal couple games for you, man. Not a very fun team to watch

Brutal couple games for you, man. Not a very fun team to watch
    It's still baseball. The Yanks are driving me to drink very large expensive beers. Speaking of expensive, at Chase field they have an 18 inch stuffed corn dog for 30 bucks. A corndog, really? One of the cheapest, nastiest foods ever created.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

If Beltran had signed with the Yankees earlier in his career. He would have 500 by now

What?
    Homeruns. The Yankees tried to sign him early in his career.
    Yeah, I get that but why? The short porch? I don't think that is anywhere near an additional 100 home runs
    Arod would have turned him on to the good juice.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888

I don't think I can handle another day of fake ass Dback fans talking shit while they couldn't name a single fucking player on the team aside from Goldie. Although, it is satisfying to see more Yanks fans at Chase field than the home team. Worst major sports city in the world.

true that. atlanta is close but those who do show up are a little more genuine.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited May 2016
    Wobbie said:

I don't think I can handle another day of fake ass Dback fans talking shit while they couldn't name a single fucking player on the team aside from Goldie. Although, it is satisfying to see more Yanks fans at Chase field than the home team. Worst major sports city in the world.

One good thing about seeing a game here, it would cost me one of my testicles for these seats just about anywhere else. Great game.

Wobbie said:

One good thing about seeing a game here, it would cost me one of my testicles for these seats just about anywhere else. Great game.

Wobbie said:

Dude, that's so sweet. I have had some pretty good seats at the old stadium, but nothing like that. Finally got a win.
    whoever is ripping texiera (hal? hank?) shouldn't be surprised. the dude has been in decline for years. every once in a while, he runs into one but that's about it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited May 2016
    Wobbie said:

whoever is ripping texiera (hal? hank?) shouldn't be surprised. the dude has been in decline for years. every once in a while, he runs into one but that's about it.

even though his avg hasn't been great. he can still give you 30/100 if healthy. Only problem is he keeps getting hurt
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Wobbie said:

even though his avg has been great. he can still give you 30/100 if healthy. Only problem is he keeps getting hurt
    at the risk of "last year," when was the last time he did that?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited May 2016
    Wobbie said:

igotid88 said:

Wobbie said:

even though his avg hasn't been great. he can still give you 30/100 if healthy. Only problem is he keeps getting hurt
    at the risk of "last year," when was the last time he did that?
    30/100? Last time he had at least 30 homers and 100 rbi was 2011. I guess that was his last full season without missing significant time. Last year he had 31 hr. But missed the last month or so.
    I miss igotid88
    31 HR last year, but with a .255 BA. As I said, he runs into one from time to time. probably overpaid.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

31 HR last year, but with a .255 BA. As I said, he runs into one from time to time. probably overpaid.

Yea I meant to say his avg hasn't been great. Especially with the shifts against him
    I miss igotid88
    edited May 2016
    Wobbie said:

.250 is the new .300! He still plays a good first base too. He is fragile though. The whole damn offense is old(in baseball terms) except for Castro and Gregorius, and those aren't the type of huge bats you need to have in the middle of the lineup. We don't have any 25 year old studs.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
    I like Tex, but yeah, they got 3 good years out of that contract, which is a couple too few. I'd take .250 with 30 home runs any day, with his defense.
    Solid win yesterday. Watched a decent portion of the game.
    Getting out of this road trip at .500 would be big
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,921
    yeah man Yanks are playing well. Big Dog CC pitched well last night.
    EB218946 said:

Impossible not to love the guy
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,218

EB218946 said:

Impossible not to love the guy
    really good guy and easy to root for. nice win today, especially the refsnyder at-bat for the two-run double in the fourth.

Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    That'll do. Will be a nice flight home

That'll do. Will be a nice flight home

Yes. 5 in a row and out of last place. Hopefully they can keep it rolling.