The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    rival. said:

Wooooow, that is terrible news. Nova likely headed for tommy john

Yeesh. No matter who you root for, you never want to see a 27 year old face a surgery like that this early in their career.
    Nah, can't hope that on anyone, even those fuckers that pitch for Boston.

Tonight should be fun. Tanaka and Ellsbury in Boston along with the Rangers game.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891

rival. said:

Yeesh. No matter who you root for, you never want to see a 27 year old face a surgery like that this early in their career.

you don't mean that. :))

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

rival. said:

you don't mean that. :))

True. I wished nothing but ill will on Beckett and Papelbon.
    Loving Ellsbury tearing it up. Dude is a lot of fun to watch so far

How does Ortiz not get drilled. Watched that one until after it landed tonight.

Also Red Sox fans doing the wave down 4-2
    Fucking right tanaka
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

drilling someone in the american league where there are no repercussions....haha. amateur hour, clifton.

dodger fans were doing the wave in a tight game last night too. i think i saw a beach ball being bounced around also
    www.myspace.com

drilling someone in the american league where there are no repercussions....haha. amateur hour, clifton.

dodger fans were doing the wave in a tight game last night too. i think i saw a beach ball being bounced around also
    Hey man, I am not condoning it, I just don't understand how Carlos Gomez is the league's biggest villain and Ortiz literally watched his ball land then started "jogging". It's not like it is the first time, it is pretty much every home run.

Ha, awful.
  • I'm a yanks fan but Soriano was no better, watching a ball that didn't even leave the park. It's all awful.
    Here we go with pine tar
  • What a dumbass.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    You have got to be kidding me, why make this thing so obvious. Duh!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Cannot wait for clay buccholz to pitch against the Yankees
  • Why not just smear it all over his face and front of his jersey? Has to be smarter than that.

Why not just smear it all over his face and front of his jersey? Has to be smarter than that.

Yeah it was bad

Why not just smear it all over his face and front of his jersey? Has to be smarter than that.

Yes especially when you can face a possible suspension.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

Yes especially when you can face a possible suspension.

Peace
    10 games. One way to keep his innings in check this year
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    hahahaha

the irony in the red sox calling out the yanks ... maybe that's why bucholz is struggling this year ... trying to pitch clean ...
    polaris_x said:

hahahaha

the irony in the red sox calling out the yanks ... maybe that's why bucholz is struggling this year ... trying to pitch clean ...

Maybe so, at least he may try to be NOT so obvious.

Peace

polaris_x said:

hahahaha

Yep... Gotta be more discrete but yeah and Lester in the World Series.
    ya ... it's just bizarre because it's sort of known all these guys are doctoring the ball ... i'm not sure what is worse - that he was cheating or that he was so blatant about it ...
    polaris_x said:

ya ... it's just bizarre because it's sort of known all these guys are doctoring the ball ... i'm not sure what is worse - that he was cheating or that he was so blatant about it ...

Can't me that blatant. Your palm didn't work so you put it on your neck?
    One of those games... Wake up tomorrow and pretend it never happened
    hahaha
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He should smear the pine tar in the crack of his ass next time. No umpire will check there
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    aqo2t.jpg
    the really sad part is that his team, his manager all allowed him to go out like that ... is this shit so prevalent amongst pitchers?
    10 games for Pineda. Only one start though with an off day. $30k for him though.
    polaris_x said:

the really sad part is that his team, his manager all allowed him to go out like that ... is this shit so prevalent amongst pitchers?

Yeah, Cashman seemed pretty annoyed with the entire thing.
    Tommy John for Nova next Tuesday