The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Betances is awesome
    And the Yankees can't hit an 85 mph fastball
    Disaster of a night for New York sports
  • It's funny the fans chanted "You Sold Out" when half the team did the same thing.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • It's funny the fans chanted "You Sold Out" when half the team did the same thing.

Except he did sell out. On top of which he went to a team with no hope of making the playoffs. At least players signing with the Yankees have a solid hope of a World Series even if they too have technically sold out.

Though, he seems to love it there. Articles over the weekend he commented how much he loves the fact that Seattle is a bunch of bandwagon fans that only pays attention to a team when it's winning. So, running to first base is optional.

(For the record - love Cano. Wish he stayed. But, he no longer wears the laundry, so stuff like not running out obvious outs that really doesn't bother me will be made fun of.)
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

It's funny the fans chanted "You Sold Out" when half the team did the same thing.

Except he did sell out. On top of which he went to a team with no hope of making the playoffs. At least players signing with the Yankees have a solid hope of a World Series even if they too have technically sold out.

Though, he seems to love it there. Articles over the weekend he commented how much he loves the fact that Seattle is a bunch of bandwagon fans that only pays attention to a team when it's winning. So, running to first base is optional.

(For the record - love Cano. Wish he stayed. But, he no longer wears the laundry, so stuff like not running out obvious outs that really doesn't bother me will be made fun of.)
    Stop. Players come to the Yankees come because the Yankees pay the most. The fact that they have a chance to win is an added bonus.

No player turns down $65 mil extra
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited May 2014

It's funny the fans chanted "You Sold Out" when half the team did the same thing.

Stop. Players come to the Yankees come because the Yankees pay the most. The fact that they have a chance to win is an added bonus.

Of course. Thus my final statement.

But for the record, players have. Greg Maddux snubbed the Yankees.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

Cliff Lee, too.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    www.myspace.com

For the record, while not all contract offers for lee have been disclosed. Dude got paid the most from the phillies.

Now if the phillies knew what were good for them they would trade lee and Utley to the yanks this year.

Let's call it "Operation Utley & Lee"

Also, cliff lee states the phillies gave him the best chance to win multiple World Series. How'd that work out?

In all fairness, that's early 90's Yankees. Much different time and game
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,891

oh, fuck.....you jump started the juggler's man crush :fp:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

For the record, while not all contract offers for lee have been disclosed. Dude got paid the most from the phillies.

Now if the phillies knew what were good for them they would trade lee and Utley to the yanks this year.

Also, cliff lee states the phillies gave him the best chance to win multiple World Series. How'd that work out?
    Sounds like someone's still bitter over Mr Lee choosing Philadelphia over New York....
    www.myspace.com

Sounds like someone's still bitter over Mr Lee choosing Philadelphia over New York....
    A bit. Mostly about the failed trade though. They would have had a legit shot at the World Series had that gone through

A bit. Mostly about the failed trade though. They would have had a legit shot at the World Series had that gone through
    yeah....i enjoyed both the failed trade and the signing in philly. haha
    www.myspace.com

yeah....i enjoyed both the failed trade and the signing in philly. haha
    Son of a....

I am still holding out hope he ends up there, wins a world series and realizes he made a mistake. hahaha.
    The Brian Roberts experiment needs to be over

Ellsbury is good at baseball

I hate john sterling

And speaking of the lee trade. Smoak is so bad
    That was ugly, This team could be in for a rough patch if the offense continues this slump. Pitching staff is incredibly questionable right now.
    This team is in trouble right now.
    20 Years...first 0-7
    Long night. Many chances to win it. Jeter with a rough night.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Did anyone catch the Jeter special on Fox Sports 1 from earlier this week? My dad and I just watched it. Good tribute by current players in baseball and former players.
    Much needed win and a solid outing by Tanaka. Needed his innings today after last night.

I am loving this Ellsbury signing more and more so far.
    Newch91 said:

Much needed win and a solid outing by Tanaka. Needed his innings today after last night.

Newch91 said:

Ellsbury is so good at baseball. I hate that I love him
    Ugly right now
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    I miss the fat CC. Somebody run down to BK and grab that man some double whoppers with cheese.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    161st and Rivera Ave

I miss igotid88
    Great win last night. As important of a May win as you can get.