The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    like i said ... cheering for this guy ... :lol::lol::lol: ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    If Dr. Kelly is really going to support what team arod is saying....yikes for Levine.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    polaris_x wrote:
    like i said ... cheering for this guy ... :lol::lol::lol: ...

your schtick gets old.

sports is nothing more than entertainment, right? well last night was entertaining as fuck! :lol:

450 foot homerun that cleared a wall half as high as the monster?

go away.
    rival. wrote:
    your schtick gets old.

sports is nothing more than entertainment, right? well last night was entertaining as fuck! :lol:

450 foot homerun that cleared a wall half as high as the monster?

go away.

:lol::lol:

i am 99.9% sure that if this guy was a red sox player - none of you guys would be cheering for him ...

and no ... sports is much more than entertainment ...
    edited August 2013
    polaris_x wrote:
    and no ... sports is much more than entertainment ...

explain.

professional athletes are more than entertainers? we are supposed to worship overpaid, over pampered primadonnas? our kids should look up to these people? if they do, you sir failed as a parent. sorry.

you will probably spin the entertainment value into some kind of weird nationalistic canadian pride you spew all over the hockey threads in this forum. using it as some kind of upper hand you think you have on sports fans that don't live north of the border.
    Post edited by rival. on
    polaris_x wrote:
    i am 99.9% sure that if this guy was a red sox player - none of you guys would be cheering for him ...

obviously.

but you are in here trolling yankee fans for rooting for yankee players.
    rival. wrote:
    obviously.

yes and no ... i am trolling yankee fans for rooting for an asshole of epic proportions ... huge difference ... i wrote earlier and someone responded with that not all yankee fans support this guy ... so, my comment today was pretty much in response to that ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    obviously.

yes and no ... i am trolling yankee fans for rooting for an asshole of epic proportions ... huge difference ... i wrote earlier and someone responded with that not all yankee fans support this guy ... so, my comment today was pretty much in response to that ...

So how do you suggest Yankees fans handle the situation?

No one in here will argue he is a good guy but I do think he is getting railroaded by MLB, whether that is warranted or not is up for debate.

We root for laundry, and Arod wears the Yankees laundry so we want him to do well inside the lines.

I don't think anyone will be terribly disappointed if the suspension holds up and he is essentially done. Given the contract, any Yankees fan is likely hoping for that.

Yankees fans have made their position pretty clear over the past week. They don't like him but if he plays well he will be cheered.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No one in here will argue he is a good guy but I do think he is getting railroaded by MLB, whether that is warranted or not is up for debate.

We root for laundry, and Arod wears the Yankees laundry so we want him to do well inside the lines.

I don't think anyone will be terribly disappointed if the suspension holds up and he is essentially done. Given the contract, any Yankees fan is likely hoping for that.

Yankees fans have made their position pretty clear over the past week. They don't like him but if he plays well he will be cheered.

i don't know ... maybe not cheer for the guy ... i'd easily take last place (where we are now) than have this guy on my team ... but that's me ... and obviously, we're talking rich baseball players and there's likely a bunch of assholes on every team ... it's just this guy is the epitome of all that is wrong in sports ...

you can cheer for a team without cheering for a guy ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i don't know ... maybe not cheer for the guy ... i'd easily take last place (where we are now) than have this guy on my team ... but that's me ... and obviously, we're talking rich baseball players and there's likely a bunch of assholes on every team ... it's just this guy is the epitome of all that is wrong in sports ...

you can cheer for a team without cheering for a guy ...

Cheering for his play and Yankees winning games, that's all.

I do want him to just go full villain. Walk around the bases and shit. Own it.

And it is entertainment. Nothing more. Anyone who looks at it as more than entertainment should get their priorities straight.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    7 games left against Boston :corn:

There is going to be a fight. I can't wait.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah someone on the sox is going to pay for yesterday, there's no way Girardi lets this go.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah someone on the sox is going to pay for yesterday, there's no way Girardi lets this go.

For sure. Someone is definitely getting hit. Yesterday was about winning the game, but not all games are going to be that tight and something is going to go down.
  • I still love that they got the ump back last night. That was awesome.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    I still love that they got the ump back last night. That was awesome.

Yep that was great fuck him, he deserved it.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dammit. The next time they play I'm gonna be out in L.A. for a wedding. It looks like I'll be missing out on some great action if there is a fight.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Hal Steinbrenner summoned his baseball people to a Tampa meeting yesterday to discuss something other than the Alex Rodriguez saga.

With questions about the lack of talent in the minor league system ready to help at the big league level, Steinbrenner gathered his department heads.

General manager Brian Cashman attended and the group more than likely included Tampa based minor league head Mark Newman, Damon Oppenheimer, who is in charge of the amateur draft, and Donny Rowland, the director of international scouting.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/se ... nt=Yankees

Hopefully this pushes them to signing abreu.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Robinson Cano hits his 200th Homer ( its about time )

David Cone-

" A monumental homerun---That's why there's a net over monument park-
    otherwise that ball would've been off Billy Martins forehead "

:lol:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Hal Steinbrenner summoned his baseball people to a Tampa meeting yesterday to discuss something other than the Alex Rodriguez saga.

With questions about the lack of talent in the minor league system ready to help at the big league level, Steinbrenner gathered his department heads.

General manager Brian Cashman attended and the group more than likely included Tampa based minor league head Mark Newman, Damon Oppenheimer, who is in charge of the amateur draft, and Donny Rowland, the director of international scouting.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/se ... nt=Yankees

Hopefully this pushes them to signing abreu.

So Hal has a pulse?
    5 game suspension for dumpster,wonder if lackey has a problem if he's allowed to play while he appeals? :lol:
    250F375D-00FB-45DC-84BD-5DD9C6A76331-6156-00000329FC53413C_zpsd40d6216.jpg

"He christens the left field seats"

I shit you not.

GO THE FUCK AWAY
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I shit you not.

GO THE FUCK AWAY

Who was that sterling?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I shit you not.

GO THE FUCK AWAY

Who was that sterling?

Of course.
    He's amusing cant say I feel the hate towards him like most fans.
    He's amusing cant say I feel the hate towards him like most fans.

Oh my god, I hate him. If he wasn't terrible at actually calling the game, I could put up with the shtick, but he can't get what is going on right, ever. It's not just the it is high, it is far, it is caught. He gets so excited about everything he misses what's going on always. It's his only job to tell me what is going on. So when the guy can't get what is going on on the field right, then his shtick just makes it unbearable. Get the game right and then worry about your singing and catch phrases.
    Good win. Hopefully 4k for Ichiro tonight.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    5 game suspension for dumpster,wonder if lackey has a problem if he's allowed to play while he appeals? :lol:

Odd thing thing is MLB is a joke cause Dempster doesn't have to appeal, he won't miss a start. He wasn't fined another joke and the Ynkee manager was fined who didn't even touch the umpire what a serious joke. The whole mess just pulled the Yanks together to win that game, just win the damn game Dempster. :evil:

Also ever since Arod came back the Yanks have gotten on a roll now what does that say for the player Arod and what he brings to the Yankees?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)