The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718
    Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Chris Carpenter, Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Chris Carpenter, Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Chris Carpenter.

Fingers crossed.

FUCK
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I hope the yanks kept their receipt for Pineda? Maybe they could return him?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Chris Carpenter, Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Chris Carpenter, Roger Clemens, Curt Schilling, Chris Carpenter.

Fingers crossed.

FUCK
    :?:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Seattle robs us again...good job cash man...trading montero for a bum

What a joke from the beginning...one decent year and we give them montero :roll: :oops:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I wouldn't say he's a bum yet but if the mariners knew about the injury that may be some trouble. Also I blame the Yankee doctors as well if it was preexisting and they didn't pick up on it.
    DS1119 wrote:
    I wouldn't say he's a bum yet but if the mariners knew about the injury that may be some trouble. Also I blame the Yankee doctors as well if it was preexisting and they didn't pick up on it.

They knew something was up..why give up such a young supposed stud for a DH...fucking joke

Could have had so many proven awesome pitchers...but no let's get a rookie who had a decent season..stupid from the beginning
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Don't see how it's damaged goods since he has had 2 MRI since the trade. Would have come up.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Fuck. Not saying that Pineda still doesn't have a bright future ahead of him because he's so young, but this is not good. Cashman doesn't exactly have the best track record when it comes to acquiring pitchers, Sabathia obviously being an exception, and maybe a few others I'm forgetting.

I mean, Pavano, Kevin Brown, Randy Johnson, Javier Vasquez, Loaiza, Chacon, Jaret Wright, Kei Igawa, Jeff Weaver...
    tcaporale wrote:
    Fuck. Not saying that Pineda still doesn't have a bright future ahead of him because he's so young, but this is not good. Cashman doesn't exactly have the best track record when it comes to acquiring pitchers, Sabathia obviously being an exception, and maybe a few others I'm forgetting.

I mean, Pavano, Kevin Brown, Randy Johnson, Javier Vasquez, Loaiza, Chacon, Jaret Wright, Kei Igawa, Jeff Weaver...

You're forgetting about the awesome signing of Ocavio Dotel. Yankees pretty much payed him to rehab so he could sign another big free agent contract. :roll: :lol:
    Wow hughes
    DS1119 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

You're forgetting about the awesome signing of Ocavio Dotel. Yankees pretty much payed him to rehab so he could sign another big free agent contract. :roll: :lol:

How can we forget AJ? :lol: :fp:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    I was hoping he would let Hughes finish that inning. I know not the popular choice. But he needs to give him a chance to pitch out of it. Even when Hughes was pitching well he would never let him finish an inning.
    I miss igotid88
    Been trying to figure out who phelps look like all year. He definitely looks a little bit like moose, no?
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

Heh, yeah, but at least he won a World Series game, so it wasn't all bad.

Also, I was thinking about when they had Hughes, Chamberlain, and Kennedy, and decided that Kennedy was the most expendable. And of course he wins 20 games.

Hughes is proving that having a good Spring Training doesn't mean shit.
    tcaporale wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Heh, yeah, but at least he won a World Series game, so it wasn't all bad.

Also, I was thinking about when they had Hughes, Chamberlain, and Kennedy, and decided that Kennedy was the most expendable. And of course he wins 20 games.

Hughes is proving that having a good Spring Training doesn't mean shit.

I have always felt they should have sold high with Chamberlin especially when they had him on that "mysterious" inning watch. I had a feeling something was wrong. Maybe that's why they didn't or couldn't move him. Hughes I still think has wonderful potential and they just missed the boat with Kennedy.
    igotid88 wrote:
    I was hoping he would let Hughes finish that inning. I know not the popular choice. But he needs to give him a chance to pitch out of it. Even when Hughes was pitching well he would never let him finish an inning.

I hear you but this is the yanks. He gives up another double there, it's 7-0. I said the same thing to the people I was with but the yanks can't be dicking around with pitchers.

I give hughes another chance but phelps has to get a start before long.
    When ibanez gets ahold of one, it goes a long ways
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

I hear you but this is the yanks. He gives up another double there, it's 7-0. I said the same thing to the people I was with but the yanks can't be dicking around with pitchers.

I give hughes another chance but phelps has to get a start before long.

Phelps hasn't pitched well lately either.
    I miss igotid88
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Don't see how it's damaged goods since he has had 2 MRI since the trade. Would have come up.

not trying to argue....but the trade sucked from minute 1

this guy had 1 good year..we passed on studs w/ montero
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not trying to argue....but the trade sucked from minute 1

this guy had 1 good year..we passed on studs w/ montero

Yeah. Some of the guys rumored to have been passed on is salt in the wounds at this point. Five years from now I hope this trade made sense but right now all the Yankees have is a young pitcher with shoulder issues.
    what a piece of shit..didn't give the ball to the crying 3 yr old
    I wasn't too thrilled about the trade either. But i understood why they made it.
    I miss igotid88
  • This Pineda trade may be the first Seattle victory vs. New York in at least 10 years. :P
    NERDS!
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    Moose Skowron died today.
    Nice pitch. :lol: Shitty win but I'll take it.
    Walk off wild pitch!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Walk off wild pitch!

When something like that happens it's like your watching a little league game. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Walk off wild pitch!

When something like that happens it's like your watching a little league game. :lol:
    :lol: