I missed the come back!! :x :x

:nono:
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    DS1119 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:oops:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    They shut Pineda down? :fp:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DS1119 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

So did I. My original plan was to invite my buddy over. Cook some Brats, drink beer, watch the game and just hang with the family..
    My son's baseball coach mentioned last minute that he has a game at 3:30. They're the smallest and youngest in the league and they were playing the defending champions. They lost 18-0 and the game ended at 6:15. (only 4 innings were played).
    I kept calling the coach bobby valentine.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I kept calling the coach bobby valentine.

This reminds of a time I went to a Mets game in 03 with my buddy in Montreal. My buddy is a huge Mets fan and we had seats right on top of the Mets dugout. It was late in the year and the Mets were way out of contention. Every time Valentine peeped his head out of the dugout my buddy just verbally assaulted him. :lol: I mean it was quite embarrassing and he was getting a lot of stares from other people but he was relentless. :lol: The one that comes to mind is he's making diret eye contact with Valentine and he grabs his nuts and tells Valentine his mom even thinks you suck! :lol:
    Rained out tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Sunday conversation with Mo. Please don't retire

http://espn.go.com/new-york/video/clip? ... id=5031903
    Going to be a really tough series. Should be fun. Am sure Darvish-Kuroda will get a little bit of attention over in Japan.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Kurkijan on michael kay show said he heard pinedas injury is just a minor setback.
    That Jeter guy sure is great.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    When your hot everything finds holes. Over .400 now
    Atta boy
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    that's what she said
    So much for seeing eye singles. God damn right
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    that's what she said

Haha, i knew something along those lines was coming
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    What is Jeter on?
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    What is Jeter on?
    Beast juice
    Damn, would have liked to see the big guy get out of this. Hell of an offense and a good start but would have liked a couple runs less.
    Glad they let cc head out for the 8th. Good outing
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Glad they let cc head out for the 8th. Good outing
    Much needed rest for the bullpen.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    holy shit balls

I missed half of my fantasy draft so Jeter was picked before I arrived and I picked up another SS late thinking I would try to use Jeter as trade bait

I cannot believe how good he has fantasy wise, every night hits, HRs, RBIs its unbelievable

what a start to a season, is it a stretch to say this may be his best April ever?

wowzers
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    nice win ....another for Mo
    smarchee wrote:
    what a start to a season, is it a stretch to say this may be his best April ever?

wowzers
    That's what I'm thinking.

Real good early season win against a team on fire. Was flicking back and forth from your game. Good sports night.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Real good early season win against a team on fire. Was flicking back and forth from your game. Good sports night.

as u can imagine...i saw about 10 pitches..1 of them being hamilton homer :roll: :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

as u can imagine...i saw about 10 pitches..1 of them being hamilton homer :roll: :lol:

Yeah, of course. I watched almost all of the 2nd and 3rd periods. But missed things here and there for the Yanks.

Really looking forward to tonights game. Darvish's era is a lot better than the rest of his numbers have been. 1.81 whip. I hope they put a beating on him tonight.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    igotid88 wrote:
    What is Jeter on?

Didnt he and the girlfriend break up? ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Don't write Jeter off yet.

http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2012/04/d ... tter-40599

Derek Jeter’s hot bat has gotten a whole lot better

Last week when Derek Jeter was batting .361/.395/.528 I hypothesized that his hot start wouldn’t last, that it was a mirage. My logic was simple. Jeter was crushing left handed pitching to the totally unsustainable tune of a .617 wOBA. Against righties, however, his wOBA was an awful .272. Given that most pitchers are right handed, and that Jeter’s decline the past couple seasons has come against right handed pitching, logic dictated he couldn’t sustain his hot hitting. Once he began facing a more typical number of righties his overall numbers would begin to suffer.

So, here we are, a week later, and Jeter is batting .382/.411/.618. His wOBA is .432. In the past week Jeter’s number have gotten … better. That’s a lot of left-handed pitchers, right? That’s only partially true. While it’s true that Jeter has faced lefties in ten of the Yankees’ games and 24 of his plate appearances, he has now faced righties in 50 of his plate appearances. His season numbers against both types of pitching have begun to normalize. He’s still clobbering lefties. His wOBA is .595 against them, which is astounding (and unsustainable). Against righties, however, he’s started to hit, a lot. Jeter’s wOBA is now .365 against righties. That means that since I wrote my last post suggesting Jeter would not be able to sustain his hitting overall because he’s hit right handed pitching so poorly Derek has improved his numbers against righties almost astronomically. He’s gone from having a .272 wOBA against them to a .365 wOBA in a single week. That’s impressive.

1999 was the best season of Jeter’s career, when had a wOBA of .428. It is unlikley, therefore, that Jeter will be able to keep up his current torrid hitting. It would mean that he has the best season of his career in his late thirties. That’s unlikely. However, if Jeter is in the process of putting together a come back season he will need to do it the way he did when he was younger, crushing lefties, and hitting well against righties. Last week my hunch was that when Jeter’s numbers normalized his weakness against righties would be exposed. Instead, his hot hitting has started to benefit him when he’s facing righties. Derek has taken one step toward putting together a come back month, if it is too soon to say if this is a come back season, and one step closer to proving me wrong. I’ve never been happier to be wrong.
    Without jinxing anything, because we will not see this all year but....

.411/.436/.644 and leading the majors with 30 hits.

He could go 0-27 and still be above .300 which is insane for this early in the season.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Don't write Jeter off yet.

http://www.yankeeanalysts.com/2012/04/d ... tter-40599

Derek Jeter’s hot bat has gotten a whole lot better

Last week when Derek Jeter was batting .361/.395/.528 I hypothesized that his hot start wouldn’t last, that it was a mirage. My logic was simple. Jeter was crushing left handed pitching to the totally unsustainable tune of a .617 wOBA. Against righties, however, his wOBA was an awful .272. Given that most pitchers are right handed, and that Jeter’s decline the past couple seasons has come against right handed pitching, logic dictated he couldn’t sustain his hot hitting. Once he began facing a more typical number of righties his overall numbers would begin to suffer.

So, here we are, a week later, and Jeter is batting .382/.411/.618. His wOBA is .432. In the past week Jeter’s number have gotten … better. That’s a lot of left-handed pitchers, right? That’s only partially true. While it’s true that Jeter has faced lefties in ten of the Yankees’ games and 24 of his plate appearances, he has now faced righties in 50 of his plate appearances. His season numbers against both types of pitching have begun to normalize. He’s still clobbering lefties. His wOBA is .595 against them, which is astounding (and unsustainable). Against righties, however, he’s started to hit, a lot. Jeter’s wOBA is now .365 against righties. That means that since I wrote my last post suggesting Jeter would not be able to sustain his hitting overall because he’s hit right handed pitching so poorly Derek has improved his numbers against righties almost astronomically. He’s gone from having a .272 wOBA against them to a .365 wOBA in a single week. That’s impressive.

1999 was the best season of Jeter’s career, when had a wOBA of .428. It is unlikley, therefore, that Jeter will be able to keep up his current torrid hitting. It would mean that he has the best season of his career in his late thirties. That’s unlikely. However, if Jeter is in the process of putting together a come back season he will need to do it the way he did when he was younger, crushing lefties, and hitting well against righties. Last week my hunch was that when Jeter’s numbers normalized his weakness against righties would be exposed. Instead, his hot hitting has started to benefit him when he’s facing righties. Derek has taken one step toward putting together a come back month, if it is too soon to say if this is a come back season, and one step closer to proving me wrong. I’ve never been happier to be wrong.

Those numbers off lefties are even crazier after last night.