The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Wow.

Insanely disappointing end to the season. Didn't expect them to win it all but didn't expect it to end like that. It makes it especially annoying that they outscored them by 9 billion runs this series. If you told me the Tigers were going to score three runs this game, I would put any amount on the Yanks winning the game.

All in all, the Yankees won more games than I thought they were going to coming into the season. First season in the new stadium with a season ticket package and was a lot of fun. Fun summer, no doubt.

Lots to look forward to next year. A new rotation: trade, Wilson, Darvish? A full season of Montero. Cano MVP?

Finally, thanks Posada. It's been fucking incredible. You're a hall of famer in my book.

1748236979.JPG
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,795
    Don't want to beat a dead horse. But what was with the lack of Montero's use in this series?
    I miss igotid88
    pureoc wrote:
    SEASONS OVER!!!!! SEASONS OVER!!!! SEASONS OVER!!!!!

A FRAUD WITH 2 PRICELESS K'S, OUTSTANDING!!

NEW YORK LOSES AND THE REST OF THE COUNTRY WINS!!!!!!

And you're season is going to end tomorrow at the hands of a Yankees cast off. Go away.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    igotid88 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

It certainly wasn't a very confident swing.

Peace

looked more defensive

more like scared to death of the impending failure that we all knew was coming
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I have to give some credit to Leland for sticking to his guns and NOT pitching Verlander in this game. Good luck to all the teams left in these playoffs catch ya next year. My gaurantees suck! :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

igotid88 wrote:
    Don't want to beat a dead horse. But what was with the lack of Montero's use in this series?

All righties for Detroit. Strictly a pinch hitter and you can't really complain with how well Posada hit.
    yes thank you jorge boy...enjoy your life,you deserve it

it was a wild ride
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    What do ya say Cliffy??

great series boys.. a most worthy adversary.. hats off to your team..

LETS GO TIGERS!!!

Find an avatar you want for me. Great series. Pretty much a toss up. I'm bitter now, but I will be pulling for you guys come Saturday.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pretty good series for arod.
    www.myspace.com
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

And you're season is going to end tomorrow at the hands of a Yankees cast off. Go away.

Not a Brewers fan. I'm hoping AZ wins. But all of yankee nation can keep crying!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Wow.

Insanely disappointing end to the season. Didn't expect them to win it all but didn't expect it to end like that. It makes it especially annoying that they outscored them by 9 billion runs this series. If you told me the Tigers were going to score three runs this game, I would put any amount on the Yanks winning the game.

All in all, the Yankees won more games than I thought they were going to coming into the season. First season in the new stadium with a season ticket package and was a lot of fun. Fun summer, no doubt.

Lots to look forward to next year. A new rotation: trade, Wilson, Darvish? A full season of Montero. Cano MVP?

Finally, thanks Posada. It's been fucking incredible. You're a hall of famer in my book.

1748236979.JPG

Nice summary....one hell of a year to Granderson he kept the ball club going.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Roughly $125 million per strikeout this game!!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    #20 has to be retired in my book. I am fine with 21 not being retired but 2, 6, 42 and 20 have to be.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

dude...he is a brewers fan from wisconsin... he needs to get excited over this :lol:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    A bet I proposed to Cliffy:

Alright, its my Tigers Vs. them damn Yanks.. I propose the loser of the bet has to change their avatar to a picture that clearly represents "I love the Tigers" or "I love the Yankees" for a whole week and make a minimum of 20 posts in that week.. Do I get a hand shake??

This is gonna be a great series..

He accepted..

Cliffy, you must find your own new avatar.. do good, and god speed...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

And you have Ryan Howard as you're clean up hitter.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

All righties for Detroit. Strictly a pinch hitter and you can't really complain with how well Posada hit.

Yea. That was my concern. But he could have pinch hit for Swisher or even Martin
    I miss igotid88
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

as bad as he's been, he hasn't been as bad as arod was in this one. :lol:

good season. you guys did better than i thought you would with that rotation.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Arod has somewhat of an excuse in my book. Came back from knee surgery and got hurt immediately and never got consistent at bats for the rest of the season. If he didn't fuck up his thumb, I am sure he would have been better down the stretch. Injuries aren't excuses but baseball is a timing game and he never got it back

No doubt, did better than I thought they would do. Disappointed tonight but a fun season. I can't complain.

Alright, its my Tigers Vs. them damn Yanks.. I propose the loser of the bet has to change their avatar to a picture that clearly represents "I love the Tigers" or "I love the Yankees" for a whole week and make a minimum of 20 posts in that week.. Do I get a hand shake??

He accepted..

Nice bet I'll have to do something like this next year IF the Red Sox can get back in the post season. Atleast those Yankee fans down here in S Florida won't bother to honk me while on the road tomorrow.

Peace

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    g under p wrote:

He accepted..

Nice bet I'll have to do something like this next year IF the Red Sox can get back in the post season. Atleast those Yankee fans down here in S Florida won't bother to honk me while on the road tomorrow.

Peace
    C'mon Cliffy!!! honor it!! tonight!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    I blame Jeter for not hitting the go ahead homerun or the ghost for not carrying the ball over the fence.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Yea. That was my concern. But he could have pinch hit for Swisher or even Martin

swish 100%...we needed martin to catch

but swisher for sure...he is a waste...love his evergy and excitement...but some players aren't clutch in the postseason
  • First year since 06 there has not been an AL East team representing in the ALCS.. wow that's impressive.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Arod has somewhat of an excuse in my book. Came back from knee surgery and got hurt immediately and never got consistent at bats for the rest of the season. If he didn't fuck up his thumb, I am sure he would have been better down the stretch. Injuries aren't excuses but baseball is a timing game and he never got it back

he was almost as good as he was last post season ;) i kid, i kid...
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    igotid88 wrote:
    I blame Jeter for not hitting the go ahead homerun or the ghost for not carrying the ball over the fence.
    Where was Jefferey??
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    g under p wrote:

He accepted..

Peace

Hey man give him some time to take this all in and get the right avatar. I'm going to Spring Training and that new Miami Marlins Stadium down here.

Peace

Cliffy6745 wrote:

he was almost as good as he was last post season ;) i kid, i kid...

game 4 in 09 must kill you....his only clutch hit ever :lol:
    g under p wrote:

He accepted..

Peace

I have a perfect one. I can't figure it out though. Will be up shortly.
    Ha, got it.