Sketch 32 | Auckland | LOOK!! Finally -- the missing photos!

Comments

• lol how did I miss this thread until now?
    F'ing funny I tell ya what :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Black was played and Dommpony's banner was taken up on stage by Ed. Ziggy (at the gig) confirmed this via text message just now.
  • Black was played and Dommpony's banner was taken up on stage by Ed. Ziggy (at the gig) confirmed this via text message just now.
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Black was played and Dommpony's banner was taken up on stage by Ed. Ziggy (at the gig) confirmed this via text message just now.

WWWOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

:)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• OK,SERIOUSLY,,THERE ARE THE BEST EVER...

CAN'T FIND A BETTR...BAND...!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • That's so fantastic! she really deserves the reconition for all this work.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2

Well deserved, it's awesome.
    Any photos of that special moment?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Three cheers for Doompony (and one more for Mr. Snuggleton)!!! 8-):D :thumbup: :clap: One or more post-show illustrations, perhaps?
    Ryan DeRamos
    saw PJ live in 2006 and 2009; Stone in 2008!
    <a href="http://www.deramos.org">DeRamos.org Webcomic</a> & <a href="http://www.chorddujour.com">Chord du Jour Podcast</a> & <a href="http://twitter.com/deramos">Twitter</a&gt;
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Hurrah! :D:D
    I've been watching this thread and I so pleased that the ingenious hard work paid off...congratulations :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Yessss ! That's so cool. Can't wait to see some pics and vids.
    Congrats doompony. :clap:
  • Black was played and Doompony's banner was taken up on stage by Ed. Ziggy (at the gig) confirmed this via text message just now.

Can't wait to hear all about this! I wonder if Mr. Snuggs made it onto the stage, too? :D:lol::mrgreen:
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Yay for Doompony and Ziggy Star!! Can't wait to hear the stories :D
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    embrace wrote:

Congrats Doompony and Ziggy Star!!
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    :thumbup:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    embrace wrote:

I never doubted the band would get wind of this for a second..

good things happen to good people.. (at least around this band).

can't wait to hear from the "conspirators" directly..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Black was played and Dommpony's banner was taken up on stage by Ed. Ziggy (at the gig) confirmed this via text message just now.

no shit?!?! that is AWESOME!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    OK,SERIOUSLY,,THERE ARE THE BEST EVER...

CAN'T FIND A BETTR...BAND...!!

what he said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzqWzhVHHKM

(no "Black" clip posted YET)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    awesome
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    for anyone too lazy to go over to GTF live index:

November 27, 2009, Auckland, New Zealand, Mt Smart Stadium
    Opening : Liam Finn, Ben Harper and Relentless7

Set List:

Daughter, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Faithfull, Got Some, Hold On, Even Flow, Johnny Guitar, Small Town, Unemployable, Unthought Known, Black!!!!!!, Given To Fly, Grievance, Amongst The Waves, Wasted Reprise, Better Man / Save It For Later-

1st encore: Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Love, Reign O're Me, Do The Evolution, Why Go, Porch
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    This proves that this band get wind of the stuff on here!

Can you please do something similiar for Please PLay Alpine Valley? ;)
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 626
    congrats ziggy star and doompony. very deserving. now please get a head start working on angel for nyc. kidding. kind of. please?
    Awesome!!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    YAY! This makes me so happy! :D:D:D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Awesome!! Really happy that all that work and time paid off for Doompony!! :D
  • you know this is going to be the biggest selling boot of the year....just to hear ed talk about your banner and the intro to black....ill buy 1 for sure ;)
  • that is so freaking cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Yay!!! Congratulation! AND . we all need to know if you melted into goo!
  • I am so thrilled for you Doompony and everybody that worked on this. I cant wait for the boot, and those cartoons are the absolute best Congrats Sandy
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    locked wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzqWzhVHHKM

(no "Black" clip posted YET)

lol... nobody said anything about the number on EV's shirt. :P

it makes sense with 34 with the last two not being added to the 32 pictures!

Kat did a good job as an update reporter, didn't she? :mrgreen: WITH her baby blue eyes!

Hopefully DP melting into a poo doesn't happen... otherwise we wouldn't get to know the details from her!

Looks like a great night and everyone had a great time! Glad New Zealand got to see them after 11 1/2 years...

EDIT: Oh! And they played 'Hold On"..... there you go. :mrgreen: That's your song, Doom, isn't it?
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII