Sketch 32 | Auckland | LOOK!! Finally -- the missing photos!

Comments

• doompony wrote:
    Do you draw these pics on microsoft paint?

i know they look like it ( :x ) but they're done in photoshop

You got the faces looking spot on.
    You must be a good drawer ;)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • doompony wrote:

black is cool
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    HEY MUNKY!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ALL IS GOOD IN THE WORLD!

Well done DP and Ziggy! I just got back from Cambodia and have been internet-free since the day after Adelaide's concert. I found myself this week in the ridiculous position of worrying about whether Black was going to be played in Auckland, given what was resting on its being played or not (hundreds of potentially disappointed and disillusioned fans who have been following this thread for starters, and add to that my claim that if I'd throw in my TC membership if you didn't get it) - I actually texted a mate on Saturday to specifically check if Black was played in Auckland and he must've overlooked it cos he replied "No Black". I'm not joking when I say that I actually felt sick in the guts for you when I read that - so imagine my delight when I get back on the forum and discover that they actually DID PLAY BLACK! I'm almost happier for you because of this than I am for myself having had such an amazing show in Adelaide. Congrats kids - and I hope this doesn't mean the end of our DP sketches! :clap::clap::clap:
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    HEY MUNKY!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

hey swoops! how was chch? you frozen your tits off yet?
    ALL IS GOOD IN THE WORLD!

Well done DP and Ziggy! I just got back from Cambodia and have been internet-free since the day after Adelaide's concert. I found myself this week in the ridiculous position of worrying about whether Black was going to be played in Auckland, given what was resting on its being played or not (hundreds of potentially disappointed and disillusioned fans who have been following this thread for starters, and add to that my claim that if I'd throw in my TC membership if you didn't get it) - I actually texted a mate on Saturday to specifically check if Black was played in Auckland and he must've overlooked it cos he replied "No Black". I'm not joking when I say that I actually felt sick in the guts for you when I read that - so imagine my delight when I get back on the forum and discover that they actually DID PLAY BLACK! I'm almost happier for you because of this than I am for myself having had such an amazing show in Adelaide. Congrats kids - and I hope this doesn't mean the end of our DP sketches! :clap::clap::clap:

keep your eyes peeled for the official dodgy pearl jam 2010 calendar
    each vid is getting better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ew1BOhBZPQ

looking forward to seeing one closer closer closer
  • doompony wrote:
    ALL IS GOOD IN THE WORLD!

keep your eyes peeled for the official dodgy pearl jam 2010 calendar
    haha- but to pick only 12 of those masterpieces? or would it be all new artwork exclusively for the calendar - either way, i'll order several! 8-)
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
    they'll be new - though some may borrow from the originals
  • doompony wrote:
    they'll be new - though some may borrow from the originals
    do it.
  • THIS made my day
    :D
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    doompony wrote:
    each vid is getting better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ew1BOhBZPQ

looking forward to seeing one closer closer closer

As a long time PJ Boston fan (since 1994) I can tell you that I have seen some GREAT performances of BLACK (4/11/94 Boston, 7/11/03 Mansfield) and some LOUSY performances of BLACK (8/30/2000 mansfield, 6/28/2008 Mansfield)..

Having watched the video..Ladies you got one KICK ASS version of Black... two great elements:

1) Ed's impassioned "All I'll BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
    He doesn't always hold that note)
    2) Mikey's wailing guitar solo which boils down to a single hicupping sob.. Metal twang..)
    (plays off Ed's sad vocal)

One for the record books..

I am buying this boot!

When's the last time you saw a band care so much for its fans in this day and age?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    THEY PLAYED IT!!! AWESOME!!!!

CONGRATS, DOOMPONY!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1696hsH-ZA

finally a vid where you can see his smile!
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    doompony wrote:

Well done Doompony! Awesome work.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    doompony wrote:

about a minute in? ed smiles and says "i saw it"?

too fucking cool!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    norm wrote:
    doompony wrote:

about a minute in? ed smiles and says "i saw it"?

too fucking cool!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Caught that one too & second your sentiments!! Awesome, doompony!!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    it's been a shitty couple of days. so i figure, i'll just make like i still have something to look forward to. that'll take the pain away.. right?

http://ratpony.com/january.jpg
  • The towel on MR. SNUGGLETON's head is a nice touch. ;)
  • What did Ed ''saw it'' lol?
    The banner or Mr Snuggleton?

And how do you make that foggy mirror writing effect lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • doompony wrote:
    it's been a shitty couple of days. so i figure, i'll just make like i still have something to look forward to. that'll take the pain away.. right?

http://ratpony.com/january.jpg
    haha - now we all have something to look forward to! hey, you could totally customise the message on ed's january mirror for each calendar issued! love it.
  • doompony wrote:

OH MY GOD!!!!!! *dies* :oops:
  • doompony wrote:
    Ok this calendar I would buy!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    doompony wrote:

OH MY GOD!!!!!! *dies* :oops:

DITTO!!!!!!!!
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    doompony wrote:
    Ok this calendar I would buy!