Sketch 32 | Auckland | LOOK!! Finally -- the missing photos!

Comments

• stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    doompony this is the best thread ever. your sketches are amazing. i still think you should put the sketches on t-shirts and wear the shirts to the concert.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Amazing & hilarious thread!!!! How could the boys not play Black after this!?!?!?
    Truly hope you get your request!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • HAHA.
    Those are AWESOME!
    I love the teddy bear.
    Hope you get your Black in Auckland :)
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • I love this thread! (I've been subscribed for a while! :D) Hopefully Doompony will continue drawing the adventures of Mr. Snuggleton, Ed, Stone, Jeff, Mike, Matt, and Boom after the boys play "Black" in Auckland! 8-) It would be awesome if Ed were to give a shout-out to Doompony (and ZiggyStar, too!) before the song, and more awesome if Mr. Snuggleton were to show up on stage! :lol:

As far as crowd-to-band etiquette goes, what is the policy for tossing teddy bears on stage? Is it bad like bottle throwing, or 'good' like tossing ladies' underwear at a Tom Jones concert? Just a thought. ;)

Cheers!
    Ryan DeRamos
    saw PJ live in 2006 and 2009; Stone in 2008!
    <a href="http://www.deramos.org">DeRamos.org Webcomic</a> & <a href="http://www.chorddujour.com">Chord du Jour Podcast</a> & <a href="http://twitter.com/deramos">Twitter</a&gt;
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    LOVE love love this thread! Hope you get it and a "good woman" tag would be sicko ;)
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony this is the best thread ever. your sketches are amazing. i still think you should put the sketches on t-shirts and wear the shirts to the concert.

A few people have suggested this
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    ZiggyStar wrote:

A few people have suggested this

hi girls,

totally... I would buy one, maybe get your own merch booth or something..nice work!
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Aww I love Stone knitting. :clap:
  • You know that IF you could see Stone's feet, he's sporting those pink fuzzy slippers again! :lol:

That's how I picture it. :lol:
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    what do u mean goingcrazy you were there along time ago .......mary

how many more of the pix are u gonna do need to know when to print them to take to airport just incase I run into PJ

ok sean.. our landlady asked us to find somewhere else to stay from wednesday onwards because she's replacing our shower (huzzah!) so there won't be anymore cartoons after tuesday night

WTF?!? Are you serious?! Noooooo!!

well, it's only one night earlier than i would have stopped otherwise - cuz i drive up thursday morning...
    DeRamos wrote:

As far as crowd-to-band etiquette goes, what is the policy for tossing teddy bears on stage? Is it bad like bottle throwing, or 'good' like tossing ladies' underwear at a Tom Jones concert? Just a thought. ;)

Cheers!

i see it kinda like how it is throwing a flag or something up there... ed doesn't usually mind that does he?
  • doompony wrote:
    DeRamos wrote:

Cheers!

i see it kinda like how it is throwing a flag or something up there... ed doesn't usually mind that does he?

If Ed's been reading this thread, maybe seeing a Mr. Snuggleton clone or two (or ten) at the show will prompt the band to play "Black." :D In any case, teddy bears might eventually go to the kids of the band/crew...

4077594760_5c07d49b20.jpg

...or so Ed would have us believe! ;)
    Ryan DeRamos
    saw PJ live in 2006 and 2009; Stone in 2008!
    <a href="http://www.deramos.org">DeRamos.org Webcomic</a> & <a href="http://www.chorddujour.com">Chord du Jour Podcast</a> & <a href="http://twitter.com/deramos">Twitter</a&gt;
    DeRamos wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    DeRamos wrote:

Cheers!

If Ed's been reading this thread, maybe seeing a Mr. Snuggleton clone or two (or ten) at the show will prompt the band to play "Black." :D In any case, teddy bears might eventually go to the kids of the band/crew...

4077594760_5c07d49b20.jpg

...or so Ed would have us believe! ;)

well if anyone wants to buy a mr snuggleton - it's a russ platinum bear named arthur. least, that's his GOVERNMENT name...
  • love this thread -the best ever -so clever and inspired - thanks for sharing your creativity and engaging us in your quest - Hope you get your wish!!
  • This thread is FANTASTIC!

I especially like the one with Kat talking to "King Ed" perched atop his Riot Act throne....PRICELESS!

Kudos - a job well done and I hope you get Black! :thumbup: :clap:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • gypsygypsy Posts: 8
    i don't want this thread to end.

i dunno how many times i've seen the sketches and they still crack me up. hilarious. genius.

i hope you get "black". i hope the black they give you is the best version ever. in the history of ever!
    4119717502_dba967f043.jpg

it's a lot harder to do this with an actual paint brush than a photoshop paintbrush... no fill tool.. and when you make jeff look like an oompa loompa, you can't edit head sizes...
    actually, remember the muppet babies?

that looks like pearl jam babies..
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    im standing next to you in auckland you know ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    doompony wrote:

it's a lot harder to do this with an actual paint brush than a photoshop paintbrush... no fill tool.. and when you make jeff look like an oompa loompa, you can't edit head sizes...

Absolutely brilliant! I've never seen such devotion to a song request. And yeah, they totally look like Pearl Jam babies. I could imagine Matt going around chanting "Cam Er On" a la baby Animal!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Wow, now this is how you request a song. Great work, ZiggyStar and Doompony!

Can't wait to see another week's worth of sketches.
    I was there...
    PJ - 8/15/2000, 4/23/03, 6/18/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/3/10, 5/4/10, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 10/3/14, 10/17/14, 10/19/14, 10/20/14, 4/16/16, 8/7/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, 6/18/18, 6/24/18, 6/26/18, 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/1/22, 9/3/22, 8/31/23, 9/2/23, 9/5/23, 9/7/23, 9/13/23, 9/15/23, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 5/16/24, 5/18/24
    EV - 11/30/12, 12/1/12, 2/10/22, 10/7/22
    Sox - 10/22/05, 10/23/05, 9/30/08, 7/23/09, 8/12/21
  • Washed wrote:
    I could imagine Matt going around chanting "Cam Er On" a la baby Animal!

Awww that is so cute. :lol:
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    siiick painting skills.
  • doompony wrote:

is it on paper or a sheet paper might be too brittle for something that big
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • doompony wrote:

this is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    doompony wrote:

is it on paper or a sheet paper might be too brittle for something that big

it's a sheet. and FYI, painting on sheets is really really difficult..
    edited November 2009
    Post edited by doom_pony on
  • Once again, you amaze. I don't know how they could NOT play Black now. I remember listening to a boot and Ed says something like, "We have to play this song because I've never seen a sign as big as this fucking one" You know he's going to see that and absolutlely say something. That is top notch. :D
    i certainly hope so!

i wish i could remember zig's password so i could update the first post...

look at mr snugg's little paws in the air.. so cute.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014