PJ getting sued for team tour shirts?

124»

Comments

• I found it funny that PJ used the sports related themes after I posted my own design using MJ/PJ
    (my avatar). Who designed the shirt anyway? I made this design months before the Chicago show and I did not sell them because of copyrights. I just feel that somebody stole my idea. KInd of funny that they never did anything like this before. Oh well.
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    i kinda disagree. how much where they to buy? $25 or $30, so 1000 @ = $25-30K. that is a pretty good chunck of change. plus im sure you can put some kind of damages on top of that. people sue for less everyday.

i think they only go for $5000 on the judge judy show :lol:
    This post is © by gfraser
    JS80730 wrote:
    I just feel that somebody stole my idea. KInd of funny that they never did anything like this before. Oh well.

simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    gfraser wrote:
    JS80730 wrote:
    I just feel that somebody stole my idea. KInd of funny that they never did anything like this before. Oh well.

i hope you are doing that for the stupidty of the post and not cause someone stole the posters "idea" :roll: .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    gfraser wrote:
    JS80730 wrote:

i hope you are doing that for the stupidty of the post and not cause someone stole the posters "idea" :roll: .

im just fucking around, im off work for the weekend in two hours. woohoo!
  • It was a key chain I made- not a poster. But, I do like your asshole comment. Have a great weekend.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    JS80730 wrote:
    It was a key chain I made- not a poster. But, I do like your asshole comment. Have a great weekend.
    Not to add fuel to the fire, but the keychain doesn't really incorporate PJ into the Bull logo at all - its a bulls jersey with pearl jam below the 'lettering.' It's cool and all, but saying they took your idea is really a stretch.
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    arq wrote:
    sports shirts are the best idea ever, awesome to the max! but Tom tomorrow's poster tshirt... :? Those are worst than the bootleg tshirts :lol:

Bootleg tshirt;

28rmvtf.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

You guys are to much!!! My coke almost came out of my nose when I saw this!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    You guys are to much!!! My coke almost came out of my nose when I saw this!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

coke?! :shock:

you are prepping for philly!!! ;)

:lol::lol:
    JS80730 wrote:
    It was a key chain I made- not a poster. But, I do like your asshole comment. Have a great weekend.

is this for me? :lol: what a fuck face thing to say.
  • Well, from the ones I've seen, It appears that they have not actually used a logo or MLB, NBA, NFL, image so I don't see what the big deal is. So someone cant use purple and yellow together on a shirt because the lakers own that color combination?

Sounds like to me it is a frivolous lawsuit. But, whatever. :roll:
    here for the music...
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    I bet it was the supersonics (now called thunder, is it?) that placed a lawsuit (if there really is one). After what eddie had to say at the seattle 2 show, and what he sung in the "supersonic" special lyrics, they probably pissed the owners. :lol:

I´m no lawyer (i don´t even live in the usa), but this can´t be true. The Jazz-PJ logo did look very much alike the original. More than the other ones. Still it will suck that PJ get the kick in the nuts for something like this. It would make them look like dickheads.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    It's a pet peeve of mine, but we are talking about Trademarks, NOT Copyright.

Also, based off of this page, item #8

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool ... n/tm.htm#8

If they are being sued, it would most likely be under Trademark Dilution, not Infringement

But I'm no lawyer, nor an Intellectual Property expert, but that is my take on it.
  • 28rmvtf.jpg

you have to put the air in ,not out..dont waste that coke :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    arq wrote:
    sports shirts are the best idea ever, awesome to the max! but Tom tomorrow's poster tshirt... :? Those are worst than the bootleg tshirts :lol:

Bootleg tshirt;

28rmvtf.jpg

Is it "powder" coke of "fluid" coke? If its powder I think you need some help!!! :roll:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• 28rmvtf.jpg

Is it "powder" coke of "fluid" coke? If its powder I think you need some help!!! :roll:[/quote]
    :powder: coke??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Interesting topic!

I wonder if the popular press will cover the story.

Now I'm wishing more than ever that I had bought some of the shirts at L.A. But they were sold out one night, and only size small were available the other night.......
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    JS80730 wrote:
    I found it funny that PJ used the sports related themes after I posted my own design using MJ/PJ
    (my avatar). Who designed the shirt anyway? I made this design months before the Chicago show and I did not sell them because of copyrights. I just feel that somebody stole my idea. KInd of funny that they never did anything like this before. Oh well.

Lollapalooza usually does an event shirt based on a Chicago sports emblem.

The Rolling Stones did local team-inspired shirts a few years ago on a U.S. tour.

Its been done.