Options

*** Philadelphia 1 Fanviews Here 10/27/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Oh my! Just hold on tight Philadelphia. Prepare yourselves for the live magic that is JOHNNY GUITAR. :shock:
  • Options
    Diggy381Diggy381 Posts: 165
    I simply have to stop reading the boards. . . I only have tickets to the Saturday show and all these posts are making me jealous and very anxious!!!
  • Options
    This show was totally AMAZING. High energy show, what an AWESONE setlist, can't wait to see what's next. I am so glad I got tickets for all 4 nights. Thanks to the 10 Club, first time with tickets on the floor, section 106. :D
  • Options
    It has probably been reported already, but Ed said over the next 4 nights they were going to try and play every song. He then added we'll probably be here until 2AM on Halloween.
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Solat13 wrote:
    Here's the video they played on the screens before PJ took the stage to the Rocky theme to begin the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdX39Z7siMU

Thanks for posting this!
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    ragejoe wrote:
    t0mMye wrote:
    Honestly with the setlist how ramped up can the crowd get midstream? Night 2 will be a little better but I dont expect anything fantastic till shows 3 and 4. Not rocket science but there is not going to be a earth shaker setlist till the last day or so...sure a few rare ones here and there but..

So are you saying you didnt think last nights set list was good??? CMON for show 1 outta 4... holy shit?!?!?! I thought it was unreal. i wasnt there... im there fri and sat, but i never would have expected this out of the first show

Props to PJ... its gonna be a week that goes down in history!

I wouldnt say it wasnt good, any concert from them I am glad happens! Just...I could see if the crowd doesnt completely match the energy they are puting out.

IMO
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    hatnhamhatnham Oak Ridge, NJ Posts: 35
    :!: The last PJ show I saw was Hartford last year. I think this show was better. The power chords during Go, Love Reign O'er Me and RITFW made my chest vibrate and blew back my hair. May have been the best Ed performance I have ever seen. Parachutes, Unthought Known, The End, Just Breathe, Nothingman, Black, and the tour de force, Love Reign O'er Me. He was so on top of it. It was refreshing not to hear GTF, Even Flow, Elderly Woman, and Alive. I love those songs but Ghost, Rival, Faithfull, Hail Hail, SOLAT, Green Disease, All Those Yesterdays all in one night!!! They have set the bar so high for themselves for the next three shows. I was at Randall's Island in '96 and never thought they could top that show but last night was at least equal to that legendary show. What a great fucking band!!!
    4/17/94, 9/29/96, 9/10/98, 8/7/00, 8/24/00, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 5/12/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/12/08, 6/27/08, Ed solo 8/5/08, 10/27/09,5/18/10,10/22/13,5/1/16
  • Options
    I have been in the fan club since 1994 so I have a low number and we had seats sec 102 4th row, so no need to say how epic our seats were. Have been to over 40 shows and saw PJ in 2003 at the Spectrum and it was one of the best show but my friend and I thought the show last night was unbeliveable. The band was so into it and Eddie just gave it all right until the end !! He was amazing!!

There was so might hype in PHL about these shows that I really did not know what to expect and was blown away -- What are they going to do for the next three nights and so glad that I am going to all of them!! :D:D

Did anyone see how emotional that Eddie got at one point during Nothingman ?? We were really close so we could see the expression on his face and his eyes filled up a bit, it was very touching. He was so appreciative of playing at the Spectrum and experiencing the crowd !!

By the way whoever said that the crowd was not into it -- what concert were you at !!!
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I am glad I decided to get a single for night 1!! Even if I had to drive down solo, I was among 18,000 friends. Great show last night, loved the varied set list. I hope I didn't bother the nice couple that was beside me, but that itch needs scratched during a PJ show and I have a hard time standing still. Being in section 315 was great, even though it was side stage, i got to see everything going on and the sound was awesome. Heck wouldn't mind it if my fan club tickets were there.

Ed and the boys were definitely on fire last night. I hope they take their vitamins and are ready to rock the Spectrum just as hard tonight. Loved the Bruce story, nice to see some friendly competition going on. The video montage of the Spectrum set the tone for the night, seeing Dr J dunking in the Spectrum was awesome.

As far as the crowd, they were up when they needed to be and chilling during the slower songs. I saw no problem with that. Although I was kind of bummed everyone around me in my section decided to sit during the beginning part of the 1st encore, but I compromised and sat on my seat as it was folded up.

Looking forward to the next three nights of PJ!

Almost forgot.... It was nice that there weren't sports chants all night. I think I heard the start of one but it faded out quickly.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    blkkatsblkkats Posts: 30
    I am glad I decided to get a single for night 1!! Even if I had to drive down solo, I was among 18,000 friends. Great show last night, loved the varied set list. I hope I didn't bother the nice couple that was beside me, but that itch needs scratched during a PJ show and I have a hard time standing still. Being in section 315 was great, even though it was side stage, i got to see everything going on and the sound was awesome. Heck wouldn't mind it if my fan club tickets were there.

Ed and the boys were definitely on fire last night. I hope they take their vitamins and are ready to rock the Spectrum just as hard tonight. Loved the Bruce story, nice to see some friendly competition going on. The video montage of the Spectrum set the tone for the night, seeing Dr J dunking in the Spectrum was awesome.

As far as the crowd, they were up when they needed to be and chilling during the slower songs. I saw no problem with that. Although I was kind of bummed everyone around me in my section decided to sit during the beginning part of the 1st encore, but I compromised and sat on my seat as it was folded up.

Almost forgot.... It was nice that there weren't sports chants all night. I think I heard the start of one but it faded out quickly.

Hey Jeff - right down the road here in York, PA! Thank you for the awesome review of your experience at S#1! So jealous that you're hitting all 4! I won't be there until Saturday, but I'm sure it will be the show of all shows! :)

07/12/2003 - Hershey Stadium - York, PA

10/31/2009 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,130

Good job getting that single. I was sitting in the section directly below you.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    anyone have the exact quote eddie said about playing till 2am saturday??
  • Options

Good job getting that single. I was sitting in the section directly below you.

Thanks! After they announced Social Distortion was opening and after the Chicago shows I couldn't resist. All my friends and co-workers think I'm crazy. About time they figured that out!!
  • Options
    blkkats wrote:

Hey Jeff - right down the road here in York, PA! Thank you for the awesome review of your experience at S#1! So jealous that you're hitting all 4! I won't be there until Saturday, but I'm sure it will be the show of all shows! :)

I have a feeling you are correct! Good to see more PJ fans in the South Central Pa area. Now I just need to get through work and head back down, alot of driving but worth it.
  • Options
    mrpink90 wrote:
    anyone have the exact quote eddie said about playing till 2am saturday??

Not the exact one but prior to the first encore he said they would be playing every song they know and then added how Halloween is going to be crazy with the World Series, the holiday, and them playing until 2 AM or whenever.

So if you have tickets you're going to probably witness the longest PJ show EVER. Enjoy, I was at State College and hope to see the record taken down, Philadelphia and the Spectrum deserve it.
  • Options
    This will be the bootleg to own! :P
    * Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 28, 2006
    * Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008
    * Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009
    * New York, NY - Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

• Options
    blkkatsblkkats Posts: 30
    I have a feeling you are correct! Good to see more PJ fans in the South Central Pa area. Now I just need to get through work and head back down, alot of driving but worth it.

Work???...who can CONCENTRATE on work!?!? I'm an unfocused, useless mess!

07/12/2003 - Hershey Stadium - York, PA

10/31/2009 - Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    blkkats wrote:

I'm not even going to these shows and I can't concentrate on work!!! :oops:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I just said the same thing to myself out loud- I'm not getting my work done today!
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    Night one was incredable, they played for 2.5 hours and sounded awesome. I could actually feel the vibrations of the music and moving the air around me. I love that they started with cordory, for me it really set the tone of the evening. I also really enjoyed Just Breath and Bee Girl.

The band had so much energy and they all looked Happy! I sat right in front of Mike and Jeff. Thanks 10 club for my awesome 6th row seats!

Had lots of fun at the Pre-party, it's great meeting all these new friends!

I also liked that Stone spoke up about the rumors on the bored. He said he not quitting. It's good to hear from you guys once in awhile! Stone the song sound great!

Last night you could feel the magic, you could feel like we are all going on this trip, Ed said they where going to play all the songs they knew in the next 4 nights! I just can't wait! Night 1 Philly, for me was one of the best shows I've ever seen!
    :D
  • Options
    Hey all,

I have tickets for Friday. Can someone please tell me what the poster situation was last night? My experience has been that different venues deal with posters differently. Unfortunately, I got shut out of Ten Club tix, so I wasn't able to take advantage of the early poster purchase.

I am trying to channel my serious jealousy over shows 1 and 2 into serious anticipation for show 3 . . . !

Many thanks,
    Eric
    Richmond, VA
    DontYouDoItToo
    1995-01-15, 1996-09-24, 1998-09-19, 2000-09-04, 2003-07-01, 2008-06-22, 2008-06-25, 2009-10-04, 2009-10-30, 2010-05-13, 2011-06-25 (EV), 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,323
    Hey all,

I have tickets for Friday. Can someone please tell me what the poster situation was last night? My experience has been that different venues deal with posters differently. Unfortunately, I got shut out of Ten Club tix, so I wasn't able to take advantage of the early poster purchase.

I am trying to channel my serious jealousy over shows 1 and 2 into serious anticipation for show 3 . . . !

Many thanks,
    Eric
    Richmond, VA
    DontYouDoItToo

There were plenty available when I walked by the booths at 8:30, and other people have said they were still available after the show.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Hey all,

Many thanks,
    Eric
    Richmond, VA
    DontYouDoItToo

There were plenty available when I walked by the booths at 8:30, and other people have said they were still available after the show.

ya. They usually have more of the Tom Tomorrow posters anyway. So I wouldn't worry.
    Pearl Jam: 9/4/00 7/1/03 5/30/06 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 8/23/09 8/24/09 10/28/09 10/31/09 5/20/10 10/15/13 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18 9/5/23 9/7/23

Eddie Vedder: 6/15/09 6/16/11
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    they actual had individual poster stands. it was nice
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    blkkats wrote:

I am commuting for each of the shows this week from the Reading area.
  • Options
    blkkats wrote:

Obviously I am not working, but I am here just playing the role. Just hope our IT dept doesn't audit my pc or I'm screwed!!
  • Options
    silas23silas23 SoCal Posts: 99
    Wow! No Evenflow or Alive... That's rare neither of them showed up in the set. Amazing set! Can't wait for tonight!
  • Options
    oots69oots69 Posts: 5
    social d were pretty amazing too...high energy!
  • Options
    vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,872
    Philly fans why are there so many people saying these shows are not even close to being sold out and thats without even selling the tickets behind the stage? All this talk about the greatest 4-night stand ever and not one show is sold-out? Is this true? If it is that is disgraceful and you should never put yourselves in the same category as Chicago, NY, Seattle or Boston when it comes to selling tickets.
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• Options
    lk178321 wrote:
    SIMPLY AWESOME!!! Ed announces they will do "every song we have ever done" over the next 4 shows (going till 2am on Saturday).... pysched that i'm gonna see all four.

actually, he said they're going to play "every song we know" which could mean ANYTHING!!!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com