Options

*** Philadelphia 1 Fanviews Here 10/27/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    danicadanica Posts: 14
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Rival!!!! so jealous! would love to hear this one on Fri or Sat, though highly unlikely. great set! sounds like a fabulous show!

-danica.
  • Options
    KM43590 wrote:
    HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! .... just got home from the show, and just one word will do, F'n INCREDIBLE!!!! and after seeing PJ almost 20 times in 20 years, this was almost the best yet. The show had great energy, and the spectrum is the best place in the area to see this band! And, I'm proud to say i brought my Mother along, this was her second PJ show, and she was very impressed. I wanted her to see the Spectrum one last time, her first date with my father was there in the 70's to see ELVIS! so i'm happy to say that after tonight, the great memory of The Spectrum will always be with us! I can't wait to see what they have in store for tomorrow nights show, see you there! thanks PJ, peace.

Great review & so awsome ur Mom was there & got to see F'n Elvis @ the Spectrum & PJ closin it down! Mom you rock!!!! :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    scottbird wrote:
    I HIT THE LOTTERY!!!!! 2nd row floor section, me and my brother seats 7 and 8!!!! BooYAAA, SO many of my favorite songs in this set, my brother and I are 6'4 and 6'5, I would have taken any floor seat, but the ushers just kept going!!!! AHHAHAHHA Amazing, never been on the floor let alone 2nd row!!!! Thank you 10 club so much, I finally got to see PJ front row!!!!

See you next 3 nights too!!!!

Scott

Scott-That totally kicks ass!!! Happy for ya & hope to be up there tonite-maybe even next to ya :mrgreen: -Cindy
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    Back from the bar post show and will have my fan views probably in the morning after it sinks in a little.

But all I could say after the show was just Wow, I can't believe I just saw that.

My friend I went with won the lottery and we were 2nd row in front of Mike.

Here are my pics from tonight:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... ebc56f8128

Excellent you won lottery-I hope for same tonite!-& awesome pics. Thanks :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    over bends wrote:
    Here is me Rival video :D Enjoy! What a great night, and this was a definite highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgDxdcFbVcM

Thanks! :mrgreen: Sound is great-looks like they had a screen up too! Can hardly wait til tonite!!!!!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    Here's the video they played on the screens before PJ took the stage to the Rocky theme to begin the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdX39Z7siMU

Wow! This is really cheesy to say but this brought a little tear to my eyes. Went to my 1st show there when I was in 7th or 8th grade, saw the Dead there many times as well as many other bands, saw many Flyers & Sixers games, great footage of band from April '03 show there (was there too & that kicked ass as well!) Thanks so much for posting & don't know how I'll survive wait till tonite!!!!? :mrgreen:
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    rival420 wrote:
    This was my 14th show and I've seen some great shows over the last 10 years, so I can no longer try to compare which shows were better than others.
    With that said, last nights show was great! As much as I love Even Flow, it was nice not hearing it for once! The setlist was so diverse, you couldn't even take a guess as to what they'd play next! I didn't hear anything I hadn't heard before except for the new material, but the variety was fantastic!

I also thought the setlist would feature more Backspacer, but that was not the case as only 4 songs were played. The band sounded amazing and fed off the energy from the crowd. I did notice more people than usual left early, and the crowds energy depended on the section. By the end of the 2 1/2 hour show, my section 307, had pretty much cleared out! Granted the seats I had weren't great, and I wish I was able to get my 10c tickets, but the show was still great!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what I just witnessed, and I am jealous of all of you going to the next 3 shows!

Oh I took my friend who is not a fan and had never seen PJ live, and I think this show converted him!

Wow! Nver got why anyone would leave a show, much less PJ early but then leaves more elbow room for us I suppose! :mrgreen: Now that I've practically take over page w/my comments that no one even cares to hear-better make sure I eat & then get ready to leave soon-can't wait til tonite! I'll be there til the bitter end
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    My 27th show and one of the best... won the lottery with my buddy's 10 Club seats - 9th row!!!

Also managed to snag one of Jeff's sweaty wristbands that he flung into the crowd - nice arm by the way, Jeff :D I think he spotted my Jeff Ament t-shirt that I got thru wishlist last tour :o
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    I love that setlist

hope the next two are just as good

:!:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    Very good show in the way of rarities. Eddie gave off a ton of energy. He really wants to tear the place down. The extra 'screaming' and he held out the notes in SOLAT and Black extra, extra long. Had a lot to say, but it was all basically how excited they were for the week. I like how he said that the band takes the responsibility of closing the place very seriously (too bad they werent asked to close the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium). Stone also rocked his ass off. It wasnt too much of a "McCready show" as I witnessed in Toronto when he laid it all out.

Regardless, obviously a great show if you like the rarities played.

Immortality was hit out of the park. SOLAT, RVM, Go, Whipping, and Green Disease were fabulous renditions.

lol at Stone acknowledging "The Pit".

Yes, the crowd was a little weak. Complacent. I fell into that too. Its the 1st show of what amounts to be 4 for the biggest fans, its the show least coveted, not a sell out, large locks of the arena were completely empty because I guess they werent offered. People were holding back and not nearly as into it as if it were a one off show or what we will see this weekend.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I am soo jealous!! I bet Sat night is going to be so awesome!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    KnishKnish Posts: 53
    What time did Social D hit the stage? How about Pearl Jam?
    What time did the show end?

Thanks
    There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th

• Options
    What time did PJ take the stage? Anyone?
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited November 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    Oh, and I can see why there closing the joint, during Social distortion, the guy next to me was jumping and our row, literally the ground beneath our feet, broke and we dropped a few inches.
    :lol:

nice.
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    t0mMye wrote:
    Honestly with the setlist how ramped up can the crowd get midstream? Night 2 will be a little better but I dont expect anything fantastic till shows 3 and 4. Not rocket science but there is not going to be a earth shaker setlist till the last day or so...sure a few rare ones here and there but..

So are you saying you didnt think last nights set list was good??? CMON for show 1 outta 4... holy shit?!?!?! I thought it was unreal. i wasnt there... im there fri and sat, but i never would have expected this out of the first show

Props to PJ... its gonna be a week that goes down in history!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 400
    Wow, you know I was actually considering leaving early tonight to catch the end of Game 1 and beat traffic (since I have a Halloween ticket as well) but after seeing this setlist and reviews, I don't think that's gonna happen.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    malbitose wrote:
    What time did PJ take the stage? Anyone?
    Social D took the stage at 7:30 (I think) and PJ took the stage at a few minutes past 9.
  • Options
    Great Show! They guys seemed to feed off the crowd (which from where I was sitting - 201 - was very energetic!) Loved Bee Girl. Nice to see Jeff singing and playing acoustic with Eddie. Thought my seats were great! thanks 10c - can't wait to see what the next 3 nights bring!!! Hope he 2am show happens... I am prepared for anything! :D
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    This show was absolutely perfect...Mankind...All Those Yesterdays...Ghost...State of Love and Trust...etc. etc...absolute things of beauty.

But the best part...on a purely personal level...for my wife and I was that we WON THE LOTTERY!!!!!!!!

Sec 101 Row 2! THANK YOU 10C for making what was an unbeleivable show even more UNBELIEVABLE.

It was like getting a new bike for Christmas...where ever I sit tonight will be good with us because last night was pure magic.

BTW - Social Distortion was GREAT. Mike Ness and Johnny 2 Bags are legends and the drummer (Atom Willard I think) is terrific. 'Ring of Fire' and 'Prison Bound' were worth the trip up from the OBX for me.
  • Options
    BL176748 wrote:
    This show was absolutely perfect...Mankind...All Those Yesterdays...Ghost...State of Love and Trust...etc. etc...absolute things of beauty.

But the best part...on a purely personal level...for my wife and I was that we WON THE LOTTERY!!!!!!!!

Sec 101 Row 2! THANK YOU 10C for making what was an unbeleivable show even more UNBELIEVABLE.

It was like getting a new bike for Christmas...where ever I sit tonight will be good with us because last night was pure magic.

BTW - Social Distortion was GREAT. Mike Ness and Johnny 2 Bags are legends and the drummer (Atom Willard I think) is terrific. 'Ring of Fire' and 'Prison Bound' were worth the trip up from the OBX for me.

congrats on the lottery! I kept thinking how amazing it would be to be in those first 2 rows! :D
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    sick show! rrocky was awesome intro- ill be honest im from new york but got wrapped up in the whole phillyness of the night, rocky, spectrum highlights world series etc. great song selection, and im pissed i can only do the first 2 of 4 epic shows. ed confirming the 2 am rumors for saturday- jeez. question- was leash shortened or did i imagine that?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,323
    Terrific show that exceeded my expectations. Ed was in high spirits the whole show and nailing the songs.

They were pretty clearly saving some energy for the weekend, but I thought that made for a tighter performance.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Social D rocked..PJ tore the roof off...man this is gonna be an amazing week!
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    God I love this fucking band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, to own these boots..............I cannot wait........... :):):):)

:D
    * Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 28, 2006
    * Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008
    * Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009
    * New York, NY - Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

• Options
    Eddie Quote-"We are going to try and play every song we know over these 4 nights..."

I am in awe from the energy last night...Though the crowd sucked for the first hour or so......The place rocked so hard through the final hour and a half that it was easy to forget the lack of movement from the audience for the first hour...Did the lack of hardcore tailgating because of it being a Tuesday and Raining have anything to do with this??? Likely...
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    nice setlist...I cannot wait for tonight, Friday night and Saturday night!

how long did they play? what time did the show end?
  • Options
    zadarszadars Posts: 24
    THANK YOU TO THE TICKET "ANGELS" AT THE 10C!!! No, I did not hit the lottery seats (section 226 row 5,,,, angled off from the side stage,,,,,,,,PERFECT for my 5ft tall body). The group of folks down by us were REALLY nice,,,,"HI" Jill,,,,sorry we didn't get to say good night! (we were/are the "tootsie pop" chicks,,,,,can't see PJ, without a tootsie pop!)
    So,,,,,because of the WONDERFUL TICKETING ANGELS,,,,,,,,,my HORRIBLE night last summer in Hartford, has been replaced finally, by the FANTASTIC experience of last night.

As far as the show,,,,,,,,well, because there are four nights for this venue,,,,,,,,I think that last night was just a WARM UP! And what a warm up it was! I was stoked, that I got to hear "Unthought", for the first time, (it's without a doubt, my favorite song, from the new CD (and it ROCKED!!). Hearing the live version of "The End",,,,,yup, I CRIED,,,,,,it was just SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL
    BUT SO SAD A SONG.

People were saying that the crowd was a little subdued, However, I think that MANY people, are trying to "pace" themselves for Saturday night when the spectrum will take on a life of it's own!
    Stone quitting the band to become a "Scrabble Champion" was too funny!

Nights, two, three and four are coming up!!! I just PRAY that the Ticket Angels continue to work their magic, because I could not have been happier OR FELT SAFER last night!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Caron B.

BTW: did I say thank you,,,,,to the 10 Club ????????? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cheech721cheech721 Brunsville, MN Posts: 46
    I hope they don't play a lot of rarities tonight, Im upset that i will probably miss some of these gems friday & saturday
    I know that I was born and I know that Ill die.
    The in between is mine. I am mine.
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,719
    I'll try to keep this quick...

Last night was my 21st show.... and what a night it was. Sat in Sec 215 row 7. (possibly best seats I've ever had from 10C) For anyone who had been to multiple shows, last night was a treat. (Disclaimer) I love ALL Pearl Jam songs.... (End of Disclaimer) but it was nice to go a night without Betterman, Even Flow, Alive, Given to Fly, Elderly Woman...

Instead, I got to enjoy songs like Nothingman, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Mankind, Ghost, Green Disease, and Parachutes... all for the first or second time.

The boys coming out to the Rocky theme was perfect considering the circumstances. And I f'n LOVE Rocky.

The show carried an excellent vibe all through the set... even during and after songs like Parachutes which wasn't getting nearly as much response...

To me, perfect start to what I can now say TRUTHFULLY is going to be the greatest set of concerts I've ever experienced and will likely EVER experience. I would have deeply regretted not attending these shows.

Cheers,

See ya tonight:)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013