Options

*** Philadelphia 1 Fanviews Here 10/27/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    When was the last time that Even Flow and Alive were both not played at a show? It had to be the Vic right?
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Kraven wrote:
    When was the last time that Even Flow and Alive were both not played at a show? It had to be the Vic right?
    Seattle about a month ago actually.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Kraven wrote:

Really? Missed the boat on that one haha.
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Kraven wrote:
    Kraven wrote:

Really? Missed the boat on that one haha.

Other than that I think you're correct. Vic was the last show prior to Seattle 2
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Sweet Chocolate Jesus. This was only night one!!!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    Wow, I'm sooo jealous. Saturday night looks like it could be the most epic show ever. Well at least I will be able to take my 5 yr old trick or treating in the rain.

Great start to the run, enjoy the shows gang.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    zadars wrote:
    THANK YOU TO THE TICKET "ANGELS" AT THE 10C!!! No, I did not hit the lottery seats (section 226 row 5,,,, angled off from the side stage,,,,,,,,PERFECT for my 5ft tall body). The group of folks down by us were REALLY nice,,,,"HI" Jill,,,,sorry we didn't get to say good night! (we were/are the "tootsie pop" chicks,,,,,can't see PJ, without a tootsie pop!)
    So,,,,,because of the WONDERFUL TICKETING ANGELS,,,,,,,,,my HORRIBLE night last summer in Hartford, has been replaced finally, by the FANTASTIC experience of last night.

As far as the show,,,,,,,,well, because there are four nights for this venue,,,,,,,,I think that last night was just a WARM UP! And what a warm up it was! I was stoked, that I got to hear "Unthought", for the first time, (it's without a doubt, my favorite song, from the new CD (and it ROCKED!!). Hearing the live version of "The End",,,,,yup, I CRIED,,,,,,it was just SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL
    BUT SO SAD A SONG.

People were saying that the crowd was a little subdued, However, I think that MANY people, are trying to "pace" themselves for Saturday night when the spectrum will take on a life of it's own!
    Stone quitting the band to become a "Scrabble Champion" was too funny!

Nights, two, three and four are coming up!!! I just PRAY that the Ticket Angels continue to work their magic, because I could not have been happier OR FELT SAFER last night!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Caron B.

BTW: did I say thank you,,,,,to the 10 Club ????????? :mrgreen:
    Go easy on the commas... Apart from that, glad to hear you had a good time! ;)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Solat13 wrote:
    Here's the video they played on the screens before PJ took the stage to the Rocky theme to begin the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdX39Z7siMU
    thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    over bends wrote:
    Here is me Rival video :D Enjoy! What a great night, and this was a definite highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgDxdcFbVcM
    thank u
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    :cry::cry::cry: GHOST :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    over bends wrote:
    Here is me Rival video :D Enjoy! What a great night, and this was a definite highlight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgDxdcFbVcM
    thank u

:mrgreen:8-)
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    pics of merch?
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Awesome does not begin to describe it...

Took my good friend to her first show and she actually spontaneously cried. She is now hooked.

Heading back for the two hour drive to Philly in a little bit.

Great time before hand meeting some amazing people! (You know who you are)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    What a show last night! Thanks to the 10c for my seats in sec 226, row 10. I love those side stage seats!!

This was my 26th show, and definitely one of the best I've ever seen. It was definitely nice to have a night without Even Flow, Alive, Jeremy and Betterman (not that I dont love those songs).

The highlight for me tonight was Love Reign O'er Me. That song was ridiculous!!

Ed's voice was spot on all night. His vocals during The End were amazing!

It was really cool to hear rare songs like Faithfull, Parachutes, Rival, Ghost, Bee Girl, All Those Yesterdays, and Mankind

Ed had a problem with his mic stand at one point during the show, and one of the crew came out to help him. Neither of them could get the mic untangled and finally when Ed got it straightened out, he threw the mic stand to the crew member, who was standing towards the back of the stage. It was pretty funny.

The guys seemed like they were having a great time last night.

Whoever said the crowd was unenergetic must've been stoned. I thought the crowd was incredible. Ed was talking about how rowdy the crowd was in sec 217, 216 and 215, then he pointed over to sec 224, 225 and 226 and these sections roared, then he pointed to the back middle sections and they went crazy. It was fucking loud!! After that he looked down at his arm, basically saying that he was getting goosebumps and the hairs on his arm were standing up.

Cant wait for nights 2,3 and 4!!!
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,323
    Yeah, Ed had that "wow, this is crazy" look on his face several times throughout the show, and even said the nights 2-4 crowds had a lot to live up to. It'll be much louder Friday and Saturday, though, with all the seats filled and more tailgating...
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    anyone have a look at the setlist to see what/ if any songs were not played?
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Sea wrote:
    October 27, 2009 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Wachovia Spectrum Arena

Set List: Corduroy, Whipping, Hail Hail, Supersonic, Dissident, Unthought Known, Faithfull, Parachutes, Unemployable, Immortality, Green Disease, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater Kinney), Rival, Nothingman, Ghost, Do The Evolution, Why Go

1st encore: Bee Girl, Just Breathe with string quartet, The End with string quartet, All Those Yesterdays, State Of Love And Trust, Mankind, The Fixer, Go

2nd encore: Daughter, Love Reign O'er Me (Townshend), Black, Leash, Rearviewmirror, Rockin' In The Free World (Young)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....
    Thank you :)

i read over the setlist last night quickly, and i guess i wanted to placate myself since i chose to not attend the show in thinking, while sure - EVERY pearl jam show is amazing - eh, i don't mind missing that setlist too much. however, looking back, i see my grave error in overlooking all those yesterdays!!! :shock: can't wait until friday!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I've had a few hours to think about it now and this was the best concert I've ever been to Pearl Jam or otherwise. I've been to well over 100 and the energy/crowd/band performance were all perfect. I can't possible imagine how they could top last night over the next 3 shows, but I hope they do. (My previous best concerts ever were NIN at Webster Hall / Springsteen in Atlantic City)
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • Options
    katellis wrote:
    after 20 shows my wish has finally come true .. ive heard MANKIND :D
    thank you pj .. looking forward to the next 3 shows.
    So jealous...I know it wont be played tonight!
  • Options
    It was sublime....that's all I can say.
    I wasn't supposed to be there.....decided at 8:15 to head over, pulled into the parking lot (free at this point) at 8:30, walked around the building once, found a $10 ticket and headed in with 15 mins to spare.
    Spent most of the show side stage (Stones).
    Unreal, what a set.
    I must have seen a hundred Spectrum shows since my first one in 1977 and this one took me back to some of those very special places.
    Decided to leave during Black (very hard for me to hear it anymore) and got home in a snap.
    It's hard to imagine 3 more nights like this one was....
    Thank you PJ and thank you Spectrum.

ps, no friggin Evenflow..... yet another reason to smile.
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    What an amazing start to the 4 night farewell series!! If the walls of this building could talk, we would hear amazing stories of some of history's greatest sports players and musicians. History is still being made in this building and I was there :ugeek:
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    Amazing show!!! Can't wait to see what is in store for the next 3!!
    Anyone have problems bringing in a camera? I want to bring mine tonight.
    Wooohoo!! :lol:
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    edited October 2009
    it was jaw-dropping ALL NIGHT!

my 27th show and i must say that they sounded the best ive ever heard.

everyone around me was dancing and singing the ENTIRE show!

overall the spectrum was WAY better than my expectations...

wonderful sound!!!

it looked like the band was having a GREAT time all night.

lots of stone-vs-jeff laughing and smiling and jamming into each other the majority of the night. bunch o high jumps from everyone throughout the eve as well.

the whole night, mike was running, pointing, jumping and smiling like a kid who had too much candy! this is one of the main reasons i love pj shows. watching the guys genuinely having fun doing what they love.
    eddie was nice and animated...laying on the stage while singing at one point.

at sometime during the show, a tech was having a problem setting up a mic stand while standing next to ed, like it wouldnt snap together right or something (?), and the tech was wrestling with it, and he gave it to eddie all messed up and walked back to the side stage, then eddie without notice, THROWS it up and OVER the stage to the tech and the dude actually catches the thing in mid-air without crashing into anything or anyone!

lots of great memories from tonight...highlights were whipping, parachutes, rival, all those yesterdays, bee girl, nothingman, immortality, supersonic, love reign, ghost, unthought known, state of love and trust.

awesome running into other awesome 10c fools whom ive met throughout the years!

o ya, social d was easily the best act theyve ever had to open for them. crowd loved them!
    i got sec 217 from the 10 c with #185xxx

thank you 10c and pj!

see yall at the next 3 :mrgreen:
    Post edited by alphawolf on
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    Jer1Jer1 Posts: 12
    Kanye East wrote:
    What a show last night! Thanks to the 10c for my seats in sec 226, row 10. I love those side stage seats!!

This was my 26th show, and definitely one of the best I've ever seen. It was definitely nice to have a night without Even Flow, Alive, Jeremy and Betterman (not that I dont love those songs).

The highlight for me tonight was Love Reign O'er Me. That song was ridiculous!!

Ed's voice was spot on all night. His vocals during The End were amazing!

It was really cool to hear rare songs like Faithfull, Parachutes, Rival, Ghost, Bee Girl, All Those Yesterdays, and Mankind

Ed had a problem with his mic stand at one point during the show, and one of the crew came out to help him. Neither of them could get the mic untangled and finally when Ed got it straightened out, he threw the mic stand to the crew member, who was standing towards the back of the stage. It was pretty funny.

The guys seemed like they were having a great time last night.

Whoever said the crowd was unenergetic must've been stoned. I thought the crowd was incredible. Ed was talking about how rowdy the crowd was in sec 217, 216 and 215, then he pointed over to sec 224, 225 and 226 and these sections roared, then he pointed to the back middle sections and they went crazy. It was fucking loud!! After that he looked down at his arm, basically saying that he was getting goosebumps and the hairs on his arm were standing up.

Cant wait for nights 2,3 and 4!!!

I want to add to this post because it sums up my feelings well. We were in 201 last night, good view of everything.

I loved the variety getting some rare songs. Very nice setlist---good night for "Vitalogy" fans especially.

"Love Reign O'er Me" was insane---just amazing, so glad I got to hear that. Spine-tingling vocals from Ed, and Matt was awesome here.

The mic stand thing was funny. I was thinking, wow, there were nights Ed would have smashed that mic stand (he thought about it at one point), but he didn't. It was the "happiest" I've seen Eddie at a show, the whole band seemed to be having a great time. It was a celebratory kind of show, maybe not as intense as some but yet a whole other awesome vibe that suited the time and place. Ed sounded great, Mike tore it up all night, and Stone didn't quit the band (Ed was hilarious there).

I thought the crowd was great too. Philly crowds usually are, and the band definitely seemed to appreciate all the noise and singing along. There were fewer staggering drunk people than normal due to the lack of tailgating (rainy Tuesday), but honestly I didn't mind that. :D

If you're going the next three nights, you'll have a damn good time, that's for sure.
  • Options
    SIMPLY AWESOME!!! Ed announces they will do "every song we have ever done" over the next 4 shows (going till 2am on Saturday).... pysched that i'm gonna see all four. The crowd was so energized, I think Ed outlasted the band last night.... when they finally wrapped-up with a kick-ass version of Rock'in the free world... Eddie was still jumping around and turned to the band after he smashed his last two tambourines on the stage w/a look of "what the fuck, lets keep rockin" ..... which i'm sure they will do for the next three shows!!
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Last night was show 49 for me. Show 3 was at the Spectrum back in 2003 and being there that night is what turned me from being a fan into being an obsessed person who travels as much as I can to see the band.

That night I was row 34 on the floor and could barely see the stage, but being there for the energy and seeing my favorite band is something I'll never forget.

Now last night, my friend won the lottery and I was 2nd row. It still hasn't sunk in yet how great the night was. But that set and hearing my song (Solat) after All Those Yesterdays is one of those moments that I've accumulated over the years that I'll never forget. It's those Pearl Jam moments we all have that drive us to go to shows and travel the world to see them and I'm just glad I got another one last night.

Bring on show 50 tonight and beyond!
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Solat13 wrote:
    Last night was show 49 for me. Show 3 was at the Spectrum back in 2003 and being there that night is what turned me from being a fan into being an obsessed person who travels as much as I can to see the band.

That night I was row 34 on the floor and could barely see the stage, but being there for the energy and seeing my favorite band is something I'll never forget.

Now last night, my friend won the lottery and I was 2nd row. It still hasn't sunk in yet how great the night was. But that set and hearing my song (Solat) after All Those Yesterdays is one of those moments that I've accumulated over the years that I'll never forget. It's those Pearl Jam moments we all have that drive us to go to shows and travel the world to see them and I'm just glad I got another one last night.

Bring on show 50 tonight and beyond!

beautiful!
    so glad you had that experience!
    seeya friday and saturday....can't wait!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    MR37543MR37543 Posts: 46
    All I have to say is HOLY FUCK! The show was tremendous, it was EPIC, it was incredible.

It reminded me of why I took off my junior year of college to follow them around on the Binaural tour and why I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Highlights included:

Ed's chronic smile. Not once did it leave his face.

The mention of the Rumor Pit; Stone the Scrabble champion.

Ed falling during Go but making it look like he intended it that way so it was graceful instead of silly.

The setlist! I haven't heard Rival in six years. And Leash, oh God, Leash, what can I say?

I was in the 4th row Mike's side.

Social D were great!

The only bummer was that my camera died so I couldn't photograph my experience. If anyone took any pictures of Social D and PJ, please share them. It would mean a lot.

I don't think I've said wow so many times. I laughed, I cried, Just Breathe does that, I danced, and I walked away wanting to hug everyone. When the show ended the people around stood there for a bit, wondering, did that really happen?

Yes it did.
    "I know that I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am mine."
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I feel Philly has a chance of hearing Pilate ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    MortalityMortality Posts: 156
    It was sublime....that's all I can say.
    I wasn't supposed to be there.....decided at 8:15 to head over, pulled into the parking lot (free at this point) at 8:30, walked around the building once, found a $10 ticket and headed in with 15 mins to spare.
    Spent most of the show side stage (Stones).
    Unreal, what a set.
    I must have seen a hundred Spectrum shows since my first one in 1977 and this one took me back to some of those very special places.
    Decided to leave during Black (very hard for me to hear it anymore) and got home in a snap.
    It's hard to imagine 3 more nights like this one was....
    Thank you PJ and thank you Spectrum.

ps, no friggin Evenflow..... yet another reason to smile.

Are you serious? You know you missed leash and RVM right?