Going to the 10/31 show... GET THERE EARLY!

Comments

• SKELLERSKELLER Posts: 165
    Baseball game starts at 7???
    Pearl Jam hits the stage at 8:45???

Im thinking if I hop on a train at 6:00.....I would still not have any problems.....right???

The baseball traffic will already be at the game....right???

Now leaving the show??? That might be a whole different ballgame....

Game 3 will start at 8:07. You should be fine taking the train... getting home will take some time.

Good luck...
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    chromiam wrote:

Im thinking if I hop on a train at 6:00.....I would still not have any problems.....right???

Yes you'll be fine...

All the Flyers fans will have left the area by 4 or 5PM, so that eliminated most of them. Then there will be the usual tailgaters for the concert and Phils game. Yes a big crowd, yes traffic, but shouldn't be any crazier than most Sundays down at the sports complexes.
    I am also thinking The good city of Philly will be smart enough to have extra trains running.....Right???

Just makes sense...

yes they'll have extra trains running and they'll make a big deal of it to make sure everyone knows it. So everyone will crowd all the train stations and all those people who decide to drive will have no traffic problems.

(That's what happened last year at the championship parade)
  • i'm from Boston but i might go get some yankees gear just to fuck with the Philly peeps............*shudder*..never mind......i just thought about what i said and slapped myself............GO PHILLIES!! :mrgreen:
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    chromiam wrote:

Yes you'll be fine...

All the Flyers fans will have left the area by 4 or 5PM, so that eliminated most of them. Then there will be the usual tailgaters for the concert and Phils game. Yes a big crowd, yes traffic, but shouldn't be any crazier than most Sundays down at the sports complexes.
    I am also thinking The good city of Philly will be smart enough to have extra trains running.....Right???

Just makes sense...

correct, there will most likely be extra Broad St line (Orange line) trains running all day due to the multiple events. The biggest problem will be getting out of the area when the concert is over. If the game ends around the same time it will be a mass of people trying to use the subway station.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • 8 hours early is absolutely ridiculous.
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    st1 wrote:
    yes they'll have extra trains running and they'll make a big deal of it to make sure everyone knows it. So everyone will crowd all the train stations and all those people who decide to drive will have no traffic problems.

(That's what happened last year at the championship parade)

:lol: I must admit... you are 100% correct.
    "I can't tell you how many ways that I've sat and viewed my life today." - Shannon Hoon.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,573
    hmm .. if i walk from the radisson hotel to the spectrum, it would be 1hr 7minutes.
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... 09692&z=13

follow the public transit ... depends ... 16 minutes google map say's
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s ... 13&start=0

a drive from the hotel to radisson ... 11 minutes

what to do, what to do on halloween!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    demetrios wrote:
    hmm .. if i walk from the radisson hotel to the spectrum, it would be 1hr 7minutes.

Sounds like a cool walk. I bet it takes less than an hour. Might be your best bet.

EDIT: Disclaimer, I don't know the area and if it's safe, but taking the public transport after the show looks like a nightmare, and driving won't be a picnic either. Perhaps take the subway in and walk home?
  • you just stand behind me D...we will get on that subway.

large_YOUNG8_112108CGK.jpg
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    you just stand behind me D...we will get on that subway.

Nice photo of Jeremiah Young!
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
    you just stand behind me D...we will get on that subway.

awesome! 8-)
    Wilds wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Sounds like a cool walk. I bet it takes less than an hour. Might be your best bet.

EDIT: Disclaimer, I don't know the area and if it's safe, but taking the public transport after the show looks like a nightmare, and driving won't be a picnic either. Perhaps take the subway in and walk home?

i'll probably walk it. leave a little early. head over to the preparty.
    it's all good! :)
  • T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 412
    chromiam wrote:

Yes you'll be fine...

Just makes sense...

Do NOT count on Philly being smart enough to have extra trains running. I don't think they'll need the extra trains anyway. The only time I've seen the trains overwhelmed was the Phillies parade last year...but that was 2 million people.

My advice to everyone - just give yourselves plenty of time and have a plan. Don't try to jump in the car at the last minute and expect to get there without any problems. I live about 45 mins outside the city and I'm planning on taking the train to center city and then jumping on the subway. Either that, or leaving super early in the car and parking at my buddy's house in South Philly.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • What time does everyone think pearl jam will be take the stage 830??
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    The only reason I plan on getting to the Wacho Center p-lot 8 1/2 hours early is because I have a ticket to the 1 PM Flyers game.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    IGOTSHIT15 wrote:
    What time does everyone think pearl jam will be take the stage 830??
    most shows they go on between 8:45-9
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    can you imagine the traffic AFTER the Pj show and game?? they will probabaly let out at the same time...we should be thankfull there is no way the phillies can clinch a championship that night (it's only game 3)
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    SKELLER wrote:
    People... if you're going to the 10/31 show be sure to get there early. Heed my warning: If you don't get there by 1pm, YOU'LL NEVER FIND A PARKING PLACE WITH IN 2 MILES, and you'll be cursing yourself for not taking my advice.

Believe me... it's going to be a mess down there.

1) It's game 3 of the Phillies/Yankees world series
    2) Pearl Jam is closing out the Specturm
    3) The Flyers are playing at Waovia center (home game)
    4) It's Halloween
    5) It's a Saturday....

In all honesty, public transportation is your best beat.

FEAR MONGORER!
  • TaftTaft Posts: 454
    SKELLER wrote:
    People... if you're going to the 10/31 show be sure to get there early. Heed my warning: If you don't get there by 1pm, YOU'LL NEVER FIND A PARKING PLACE WITH IN 2 MILES, and you'll be cursing yourself for not taking my advice.

Believe me... it's going to be a mess down there.

1) It's game 3 of the Phillies/Yankees world series
    2) Pearl Jam is closing out the Specturm
    3) The Flyers are playing at Waovia center (home game)
    4) It's Halloween
    5) It's a Saturday....

In all honesty, public transportation is your best beat.

Attendance at the World Series game, Pearl Jam and Flyers will equal one Eagles game. It will be fun down there, but not as crazy as you make it sound.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Blind3 wrote:
    The only reason I plan on getting to the Wacho Center p-lot 8 1/2 hours early is because I have a ticket to the 1 PM Flyers game.

We should start a PJ related chant at the Flyers game. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chicken little needs to calm down a bit. I was down there for game 4/eagles game/the who concert last year. we had zero problems and did not need to show up anywhere close to 8 hours beforehand and we drove. it was a sunday so that may be a bit different but not much of a major change.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • demetrios wrote:
    i'll probably walk it. leave a little early. head over to the preparty.
    it's all good! :)

yo..fuck that D! you're not supposed to walk that much when you're on vacation...that's beer time..or in your case OJ time! :mrgreen:
    chicken little needs to calm down a bit. I was down there for game 4/eagles game/the who concert last year. we had zero problems and did not need to show up anywhere close to 8 hours beforehand and we drove. it was a sunday so that may be a bit different but not much of a major change.

"chicken little...." :lol: That's actually made me laugh out loud (but then again... wasn't he right at the end).

Anyway... hey man... show up when ever you want... doesn't bother me. In fact, I'm not even going to that show (28th & 30th) but that's what I would do.

Man... and i didn't even take into consideration if it's beautiful out that day.

Good luck guys...

By the way... did anyone else notice that the sky was a little lower today :lol:
  • Dude, you forgetting all the spots that will open up after the Flyers game is over????? THOUSANDS....Getting there before the Flyers game is over may not yield any better parking, because all of those spots will be opening up after the game is over...Early as in 3:30-5, YES. That is the time you wanna shoot for. There is ample parking down there between the 4 Arenas/ Stadiums, and tailgating is not permitted in some of them. If you get there too early, many lots are not yet open, and you may find yourself in a lot that does not permit tailgating...The Broad St. line goes directly to the Spectrum. That could be a nightmare getting out of there at the end of the night though...It also will be pretty fun if the Phils win that game...

GET THERE BETWEEN 3:30 and 5. The Wachovia Center shares parking with the Spectrum, and after the Flyers game lets out, the closest lots to the Spectrum will be opening up.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    Dude, you forgetting all the spots that will open up after the Flyers game is over????? THOUSANDS....Getting there before the Flyers game is over may not yield any better parking, because all of those spots will be opening up after the game is over...Early as in 3:30-5, YES. That is the time you wanna shoot for. There is ample parking down there between the 4 Arenas/ Stadiums, and tailgating is not permitted in some of them. If you get there too early, many lots are not yet open, and you may find yourself in a lot that does not permit tailgating...The Broad St. line goes directly to the Spectrum. That could be a nightmare getting out of there at the end of the night though...It also will be pretty fun if the Phils win that game...

GET THERE BETWEEN 3:30 and 5. The Wachovia Center shares parking with the Spectrum, and after the Flyers game lets out, the closest lots to the Spectrum will be opening up.

This is the best sound information i have seen in a long time. when Ralphy speaks, people should listen
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    edited October 2009

at those times you will have flyers fans leaving, and PJ/Phillies fans arriving
    clusterfuck me thinks

yes spots will be opening up, but the roads leading up to the complex will be jammed
  • LaddieLaddie Posts: 311
    Forget parking! How early do I need to get there so I can be one of the first to rush the merch booth?!
    edited October 2009
    LOL!

WIP610 (local sports station in Philly) just brought up this very same topic. Anthony Gargano (sport talk guy for the station), is going to ask Raul Ibanez, to ask Eddie Vedder, to move the concert to the afternoon. Apparently Raaauuuuuullllllll and Eddie are tight.

Obviously they are joking but they said the same exactly thing I stated. But hey... what do I know.

Could you imagine an afternoon Pearl Jam concert leading up to the Phillies-Yankees World Series game? Talk about a dream day!

But hey... everyone show up between 3:30 and 5:00... there will be plenty of parking :lol:
    Post edited by SKELLER on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Laddie wrote:
    Forget parking! How early do I need to get there so I can be one of the first to rush the merch booth?!

best just start camping out on sunday night.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • REALLY THOUGH...WHO CARES ABOUT TRAFFIC?! THE PHILS ARE IN THE SERIES, AND PEARL JAM IS CLOSING THE SPECTRUM!!!!!!!!!!! BROAD AND PATTISON WILL BE THE BEST PLACE TO BE ON HALLOWEEN 2009!