EV Solo in Europe 2010 ?!?

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Eddie solo is really cool.

If he goes solo, i'll be there if it fits my vacation plans. Please annouce early so i can make arragements. Thanks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EPIDAURUS THEATER

epidaurus.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Dublin's Olympia is made for an Ed solo show..REM are in the process of releasing their live album recorded in that very room and all the greats have played there back as far as Charlie Chaplin.

Come to Dublin Ed!!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    EDDIE GREECE WAITING FOR U....

likavitos-theatre.jpg

LICAVITOS THEATER

gorgeous!

definite bummer to think no tour at all next year, but hopefully a handful of shows? i just cannot imagine the 20th anniversary of their first show as a band, passing by un-noticed and un-played. hope it happens, hope i can get there. i am planning for it. 8-) sure, would've loved to see them back in the NYC vicinity again, but as long as i can get to at least one show next year, it's all cool.

and hey, ed in europe? cool! i can honestly say, outside of being tempted by such gorgeous venues as above :shock: ...i can easily pass. i've now done 2 tours in europe, and i have seen ed 2x, once in NY, once in baltimore. VERY worthy, but i can pass. save up $$$....and let's see pj 10.22.10 at red rocks...or hawaii.....somewhere amazing....and let me be there! 8-)8-)8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    haven't y'all learned after all these years to not believe what the guys say in interviews?! :lol: :crazy:
  • norm wrote:
    haven't y'all learned after all these years to not believe what the guys say in interviews?! :lol: :crazy:
    ofcourse we know..its the hope... :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    norm wrote:

what would this board be if not filled with speculation?
    at least it's based on *something* rather than, "i know a guy who has a friend at such-and-such venue and his boss said....."... :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• If this news is true then it sucks to be me :(
    I haven't been able to catch PJ at all on this current tour.
    The funds for traveling just wasn't there this year.

I did get to see Eddie play in Memphis so I guess that's better than nothing.

My only wish is that if ED does do another solo tour next year in Europe
    he should really consider going to the studio and recording a new solo album to
    tour with.
    "Into the Wild" was a brilliant album. But next year the album will be almost 3 years old.
  • I was just thinking (& hoping) this might be a possibility!

They've hinted that from now on it'll be these short bursts of tours, to fit in with family life, & that's fine with me.

I think the idea a of small Euro tour for Ed fits in with that.

Here's what I think (or wildly speculate) may happen:

End 2009 - tour US/Aus/NZ (we know this much...)
    Spring 2010 - Ed tours Europe while the band work on the Backspacer leftovers for EP/new album (hopefully the latter)
    Summer 2010 - family downtime for the rest while Ed works on his parts for new release. To fill the gap, 1993-1994 re-release box comes out with remasters of vs. & Vitalogy (ok, I'm really starting to reach now... ;) )
    Autumn - Winter 2010: New release, with a short tour US tour, incorporating 20th anniversary show (where they play their entire catalogue in a 12-hour marathon spectacular, culminating in a full 40-piece orchestra backing Ed on the debut of Bugs) ...I think I've lost the run of myself :?
    and then....
    Summer 2011: back to Europe

Aaaaanyway, so... Ed in Europe 2010... um, cool! 8-)
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    I was just thinking (& hoping) this might be a possibility!

They've hinted that from now on it'll be these short bursts of tours, to fit in with family life, & that's fine with me.

Spring 2010 - Ed tours Europe while the band work on the Backspacer leftovers for EP/new album (hopefully the latter)
    Summer 2010 - family downtime for the rest while Ed works on his parts for new release. To fill the gap, 1993-1994 re-release box comes out with remasters of vs. & Vitalogy (ok, I'm really starting to reach now... ;) )
    Autumn - Winter 2010: New release, with a short tour US tour, incorporating 20th anniversary show (where they play their entire catalogue in a 12-hour marathon spectacular, culminating in a full 40-piece orchestra backing Ed on the debut of Bugs) ...I think I've lost the run of myself :?
    and then....

same mind as mind. sure you don't work for 10club? ;)
    D...can I go with you...Greece and Italy sound just lovely....

sure! hope you like kalamata. one of my favorite spots in the world! :)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Royal albert hall Would be awesome

I think we'd all rather have pj but this wouldn't be a bad substitute

I still sa it's bullshit if course. The fact eddie 'wants to travel' is without doubt made up.
  • demetrios wrote:

AND WITH THE BEST OLIVE OIL IN THE WORLD!!!! ;)
  • EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Well, then I guess I'll have to take a trip to the old continent next year to see Vedder shake his booty all by himself with a "more respectful" crowd :lol:

:lol:

I am holding out for full blown band in Hawaii so I can wear jeans and a t-shirt, end up drunk, sweaty and barefoot from screaming, singing and dancing my ass off...then go skinny dipping in the ocean...go back to the hotel and book another drunken flight to their next gig.
  • demetrios wrote:

and then....

same mind as mine. sure you don't work for 10club? ;)
    Why? Do you?! Am I right about Bugs??
  • EDDIE GREECE WAITING FOR U....

likavitos-theatre.jpg

LICAVITOS THEATER

I've been looking for an excuse to go to Greece for about 15 years...

I think I've found it...
    demetrios wrote:

and then....

same mind as mine. sure you don't work for 10club? ;)
    Why? Do you?! Am I right about Bugs??

would love to someday have a 2nd/3rd job and work for 10club. the bug's skit, was thinking about that. leaning towards john williams doing the orchestra backing ed on bugs. though john is alway's busy. lol
  • EDDIE GREECE WAITING FOR U....

likavitos-theatre.jpg

LICAVITOS THEATER

I think I've found it...
    ;)
  • I don't think it can quite compete with the spectacular views of the Greek theatres, but I've always imagined seeing PJ or Ed at Vicar Street in Dublin.

1,000-seater, custom built for acoustics, it's won bundles of awards:

Overall National Winner - IMRO Live Music Venue of the Year Award 2008
    Dublin Live Music Venue of the Year Award 2008
    Hot Press Readers Award for Best Live Music Venue in Ireland 2008

Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Nick Cave, Frank Black, Victoria Williams, Wilco have all played there (Oh, and Ted Nugent... :roll: ). Time for Ed!

So just in case any crew are reading this thread :lol: , maybe scoping for ideas for venues for this hypothetical Ed tour - here's all you need to know!!!: http://www.aikenpromotions.com/pdf_descriptions/35.pdf Make it happen! ;)

And no, i don't work there either....
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited November 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • I would love to see Eddie in Italy.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Oh man, dear god, please yes!?!?!? Perfect excuse to take the wife to an EV show, err, I mean Europe!

Yeah, Ed dropped in San Diego, "It'll be awhile, but we'll be back..."
    But then again, I no longer believe a thing Ed says on stage...

"You're better than the night before..."
    "My voice is going, can you help me..."
    "Don't take the Brown Acid, but the mushrooms are fine...."
    [sic] happens
  • demetrios wrote:

YEA!!! I've never been anywhere outside of the US...there is a first time for everything...and two places I have always wanted to go are Italy #1, Greece #2, and if Ed can fit it in his schedule....Spain #3.. a girl can dream... :D
    #4 give my friends in Portugal some love :D
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    The New Theatre in Cardiff, Wales. Must be in March-April though :)
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Celebrating your band's 20th anniversary by sitting at home, having babies, surfing and touring for your soundtrack which was released three years ago? Yeah, way to give the finger to millions of people who supported you for, what?..oh yeah TWENTY FUCKING YEARS! Good job! :twisted:

is this post serious? with as hard as this band works, the amazing albums and shows over these 20 years, the bootlegs, the insane setlists, the charity work, the amount of time they spend away from their families to make music, do you think they still owe you?

these are real people with real lives - if they want to travel, surf, spend time with family, have babies, bake bread, grow grass, stack BBs, or whatever the hell they want to do, they've earned it. Sure, I want more albums, more shows, more great PJ experiences, but if they decide to enrich their own lives and families, after all the time they've spent enriching mine, I'd hardly look at it as "giving me the finger."
    San Diego 10/25/00
    Irvine 6/03/03
    Los Angeles 7/9/06
    Los Angeles 7/10/06
    Los Angeles 7/12/08 (VH1 Rock Honors the Who)
    Los Angeles 10/01/09
    Los Angeles 4/12/08 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 10/06/09
    MSG 5/20/10
    San Diego 7/5/11 (EV solo)
    Los Angeles 11/23/13
    Los Angeles 11/24/13
    Sao Paulo, Brazil 11/14/15
    Ohana Encore 10/01/21
    San Diego 5/03/22
    Los Angeles 5/21/24
    Los Angeles 5/22/24
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    Personally I think Ed should play The Borderline in London. He even mentioned at the O2 show that this was the first place that PJ played in London so it would be nice for him to go full circle.

Of course, it does only hold about a dozen people... :lol:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    EDDIE GREECE WAITING FOR U....

likavitos-theatre.jpg

LICAVITOS THEATER

I think I've found it...
    ;)

That's GORGEOUS!! WOW!
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • acutejam wrote:
    Oh man, dear god, please yes!?!?!? Perfect excuse to take the wife to an EV show, err, I mean Europe!

Yeah, Ed dropped in San Diego, "It'll be awhile, but we'll be back..."
    But then again, I no longer believe a thing Ed says on stage...

"You're better than the night before..."
    "My voice is going, can you help me..."
    "Don't take the Brown Acid, but the mushrooms are fine...."

or...

"Sorry we haven't been here before. We just had no idea how cool it was. So Ithink we're going to come back & play two weeks of club shows" - Slane Castle, Ireland 1993

SIXTEEN YEARS and we're still waiting, Ed...

But now's your chance!!!!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    OLYMPIA OLYMPIA OLYMPIA OLYMPIA OLYMPIA.........DO IT :lol:

In fairness, I cant complain if I dont see the lads next year, 4 years in a row if more than I'd ever hoped for. Cheers PJ.....FUCKIN LEGENDS

Oh and dont bother going to Greece, full of dodgy people, espicially dodgy PJ fans :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:
    OLYMPIA OLYMPIA OLYMPIA OLYMPIA OLYMPIA.........DO IT :lol:

In fairness, I cant complain if I dont see the lads next year, 4 years in a row if more than I'd ever hoped for. Cheers PJ.....FUCKIN LEGENDS

Oh and dont bother going to Greece, full of dodgy people, espicially dodgy PJ fans :lol:

I know!! We can't request anything for a while after we got Sheperds Bush. :)
    Also have 4 years in a row.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14