EV Solo in Europe 2010 ?!?

GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
edited November 2009 in The Porch
heyho!

I read at a German fan site about a note from German's "Musikexpress" that Eddie is planning a solo tour for Europe next year... (*taking-a-deep-breath*)...someone else heard/read that somewhere else too?

:shock:
2000: Hamburg
2006: Berlin
2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
EV 2017: Berlin
2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 241
    My wife and I were just talking about trying to go to Europe in 2010. We would plan our entire trip around this if it's true!

Let's hope :o
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Ample Jar wrote:
    My wife and I were just talking about trying to go to Europe in 2010. We would plan our entire trip around this if it's true!

Let's hope :o

Rather hope for PJ which is much more likely, why Eddie solo after they release a new album!
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    ...translating what the poster took from the magazine:

"...with songs from the Into the Wild soundtrack that he will bring 2010 too to Europe on a solo tour. Because: the 5 will celebrate their 20th anniversary with an extended band-break [pause?]. Just because now it's time for family and side-projects, says the boss. Matt Cameron and Stone Gossard are expecting further kids, Jeff Ament and Mike McCready are planning albums with several hobby-bands and Eddie is thinking about traveling."
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

• EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    GetALife wrote:

"...with songs from the Into the Wild soundtrack that he will bring 2010 too to Europe on a solo tour. Because: the 5 will celebrate their 20th anniversary with an extended band-break [pause?]. Just because now it's time for family and side-projects, says the boss. Matt Cameron and Stone Gossard are expecting further kids, Jeff Ament and Mike McCready are planning albums with several hobby-bands and Eddie is thinking about traveling."
    :cry:
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    GetALife wrote:

:cry:
    I'll be truly disappointed if this tour of late is the only tour PJ will be doing for Backspacer. A handful of cities and they call it a day (or couple years, rather)?? :(
  • Well I remember this being mentiioned by Eddie before (the band not touring in 2010) - I think this will happen. If we look at the 09 dates, they have done a short trip to Europe, East & West Coast US, and then Aus/NZ. Kind of covering all the bases, in a small dose. If they were planning to tour next year, these dates seem strange. Why not stick to the US this year, and hit Europe in 2010.

So will we get a tour in 2011? or will they go back into the studio?

I guess we may have to cope with possibile reissues of VS & Vitalogy next year, and that's about it.

Seems strange, on the back of their strongest album since Yield, they are disappearing!
  • WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

MMMUUUUUUUUTTTTTHHHHHAAAAAAAFFFFUUUUCCKKKAAAAAAAA
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    This would be incredibly cool.

If it's true, Eddie, and you're looking for some ideas: you would rock the Edinburgh Playhouse; so far I've seen Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Morrissey at that venue and it kicks the ass of everything else in Scotland, basically.

See you there!!!!! :D
  • CalumCalum Posts: 635
    this would be great if it happens....
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Gateshead Sage - please!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • btw..score a ticket will be hell!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    i will have the magazine by friday!!
    i'm so excited to read it!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    GetALife wrote:

Celebrating your band's 20th anniversary by sitting at home, having babies, surfing and touring for your soundtrack which was released three years ago? Yeah, way to give the finger to millions of people who supported you for, what?..oh yeah TWENTY FUCKING YEARS! Good job! :twisted:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    Am I the only one that is NOT excited by an extended band break for their 20th and doing solo stuff instead? :?
    Am I the only one that is NOT excited by an extended band break for their 20th and doing solo stuff instead? :?
    Just lift your head up and look at the post above you sweetheart!

#standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Just lift your head up and look at the post above you sweetheart!

Guess we're it. :(
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Eddie said something about not seeing us for a while after the last L.A. gig.
    I think it's a good thing. They deserve a break... got young kids... watch them grow... take first steps... all that Daddy stuff.
    They will still be involved with music is one way or another... I'm glad that Europe gets a chance to catch an Eddie solo show... hopefully, Mike will take that little band of his outside of Seattle proper and come visit us. Stone need to patch that roof and take Brad out for a spin... maybe see Matt pop up at a local Queens of The Stone Age/Eagles Of Death metal thing... and Jeff... well, i guess he can just be Jeff.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    ^^^^^sounds better for 2011.
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    I'm not sure I'd be all that excited about an Eddie solo show in Dublin.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,548
    this was already mentioned month's ago during ed's solo show's in hawaii. that ed was thinking about going to europe solo. why is it a crime for ed to tour solo again to support an amazing soundtrack? europe has imo the best theatres in the world. i would so go if he does any ancient theaters in greece & italy! the ancient greeks started theatre. to see ed play solo right by pathanon, would be amazing site to see. :)

we already heard that 2 member's of the band were expecting kids soon. give them a break. if you were in their shoes, would you leave your wife & new born home? not able to see them? the best day's of your life is when they are born. to catch their first words. seeing them walk for the first time. if you think it's a crime for them to stay home, that they should be touring & leave family & stuff behind, i think you got a screw loose.

there is 12 month's in a year. you don't think pearl jam will play on their 20th live show history, 10/22/10? europe & usa & canada & australia got their experience this '09, it's time for asia, south america & even south africa to experience pearl jam too, right? give them a chance.

mama mia! :shock:
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    edited October 2009
    well i wasn't holding my breath for dates for 2010, I remember Ed mentioning in an article at the beginning of this year that they were planning on playing some shows this year because they were taking the year off from touring on 2010...

now the anniversary thing has me confused though, because when they talk about the re-release of the albums and the documentary/movie directed by CC they talk about it as "leading to their 20th anniversary on 2011" so I know they played as a band together on 1990 but the first album wasn't released until 1991 so will there be 20th anniversary celebrations on 2011 then?

I too am kinda disappointed to get one more article that seems to indicate that they wont be touring at all in support of Backspacer on 2010, it seems like the Backspacer tour was really really really limited, while they played and will be playing still a bunch of dates, Backspacer wasn't released by the time Europe, Chicago and Toronto rolled along and we got 3 songs from the album but that was it, but proper tour album the only cities that got it were:
    Seattle
    Portland
    Vancouver, BC
    SLC
    LA
    Austin
    San Diego
    Philly

8 cities total doesn't seem like anywhere close to enough cities to support a new album :cry:

Im glad I at least have 1 more show to look forward to :mrgreen:
    I guess a break on 2010 will give me a whole year to save for 2011 :mrgreen: :geek:
    Post edited by Mrs.Vedder78 on
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
    What this chick said.

Urs, he might be needing time to shine the GUNS :twisted:

#standingman #duranadam
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    What this chick said.

all that surfing and paddling he is going to do!! OMG we are in for a treat on 2011 ;):lol:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    PO-LAND, PO-LAND, PO-LAND!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    What this chick said.

all that surfing and paddling he is going to do!! OMG we are in for a treat on 2011 ;):lol:

:twisted:
  • demetrios wrote:
    this was already mentioned month's ago during ed's solo show's in hawaii. that ed was thinking about going to europe solo. why is it a crime for ed to tour solo again to support an amazing soundtrack? europe has imo the best theatres in the world. i would so go if he does any ancient theaters in greece & italy! the ancient greeks started theatre. to see ed play solo right by pathanon, would be amazing site to see. :)

we already heard that 2 member's of the band were expecting kids soon. give them a break. if you were in their shoes, would you leave your wife & new born home? not able to see them? the best day's of your life is when they are born. to catch their first words. seeing them walk for the first time. if you think it's a crime for them to stay home, that they should be touring & leave family & stuff behind, i think you got a screw loose.

there is 12 month's in a year. you don't think pearl jam will play on their 20th live show history, 10/22/10? europe & usa & canada & australia got their experience this '09, it's time for asia, south america & even south africa to experience pearl jam too, right? give them a chance.

mama mia! :shock:

D...can I go with you...Greece and Italy sound just lovely....
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    GetALife wrote:

Celebrating your band's 20th anniversary by sitting at home, having babies, surfing and touring for your soundtrack which was released three years ago? Yeah, way to give the finger to millions of people who supported you for, what?..oh yeah TWENTY FUCKING YEARS! Good job! :twisted:
    some of us in Europe will be happy to finally get the EV shows (and show him we're far more respectful in that setting :twisted: )

... and more time to save the cash for the mega 2011 Anniversary tour ;)
  • me and my wife are planning on going somewhere in summer of 2010 to see PJ, but if it's just Eddie, that's fine with me. I can't imagine anything much better than seeing Eddie solo in Italy or Greece. Or anywhere in Europe. I'd love it!

But he also said at the Vancouver show "see you next year", which to me meant a possible Canadian tour in 2010. No?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Well, then I guess I'll have to take a trip to the old continent next year to see Vedder shake his booty all by himself with a "more respectful" crowd :lol:

#standingman #duranadam
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited October 2009
    EDDIE GREECE WAITING FOR U....

likavitos-theatre.jpg

LICAVITOS THEATER
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on