Options

Artillery BIG OCTOBER POSTER SALE!

Comments

• Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    j_web18 wrote:
    Im trying to get onto the site now just to check it out, but its only giving me the logo and no way to get in. Does this always happen on the day of sales?

http://www.artillerydesign.com/

The site won't be available until the sale starts

Ok, I've got a question. In the email, Brad states that he suggest we login before the start of the sale, so how can we login before the sale if the site doesn't open until the sale starts?????? :? :?

Also, I don't think I'm going to be around during the sale . . . is there a kind soul out there that would be willing to pick up a Hawaii print for me?? I would, of course, compensate somehow for doing this for me, PLEASE???? I've been wanting this print for a while, but never had the chance to get it. JLMK
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    Way overpriced
    Ill wait for Ten Clubs sale
    The artists have had enough of the poster flippers....

I called this 2 years ago....

That is why you see the price increase (in my opinion)...

The Salt Lake City poster sold for $30 at the show....right???

Now, a week later, the artist has doubled the price.....right??? Did I read this correct?? Now it is $60???
    And YES....I realize they are signed and numbered....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,822
    luv-ed91 wrote:
    Ok, I've got a question. In the email, Brad states that he suggest we login before the start of the sale, so how can we login before the sale if the site doesn't open until the sale starts?????? :? :?

Also, I don't think I'm going to be around during the sale . . . is there a kind soul out there that would be willing to pick up a Hawaii print for me?? I would, of course, compensate somehow for doing this for me, PLEASE???? I've been wanting this print for a while, but never had the chance to get it. JLMK

Once you pass the logo, and you are in the store, right away, log in. Then add as much posters as you can in your cart! 8-)

Not sure how many Hawaii prints Brad has for sale for this one. If you like Mel, I can try with your account/cc info? Though I can't promise you that I will by movie tickets tonight with them! :twisted: j/k
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    demetrios wrote:
    luv-ed91 wrote:

Once you pass the logo, and you are in the store, right away, log in. Then add as much posters as you can in your cart! 8-)

Not sure how many Hawaii prints Brad has for sale for this one. If you like Mel, I can try with your account/cc info? Though I can't promise you that I will by movie tickets tonight with them! :twisted: j/k

I Love You, D - you are the man!!! :thumbup: :clap: I'll pm ya with my info - I trust ya . . . if not, I'll be making a trip to Halifax - armed with weapons :lol::lol: Just let me know if ya still want to do this.

BTW - I posted on your Rockband forum over at WLST. Check it out...
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    demetrios wrote:
    luv-ed91 wrote:

But D, at the last poster sale (Toronto) i have been logged in an hour before the sale started but i was kicked out at the start and then had no possibility to log in again... :evil:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    luv-ed91 wrote:

But D, at the last poster sale (Toronto) i have been logged in an hour before the sale started but i was kicked out at the start and then had no possibility to log in again... :evil:

i don't know there. for that hour logged in, did you refresh? not sure if there's a time limit when to be on the site when they log you out. like here @ the boards. for a certain amount of time there is no activity, they log you out. example like online banking. there is time outs, for security purposes.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    Thanks D, sounds logical..hope that i have more luck today! Its always a problem for me to calculate the time zones! :roll:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Thanks D, sounds logical..hope that i have more luck today! Its always a problem for me to calculate the time zones! :roll:

it's another 4 hours & 4 minutes from now! :)
  • Options
    Good luck to all!
    DBev1980, Frankfort KY

08-05-07 Chicago, IL / 08-04-07 Chicago, IL / 05-20-06 Cleveland, OH
    10-02-04 Toledo, OH / 06-07-03 Phoenix, AZ / 04-21-03 Lexington, KY
    04-18-03 Nashville, TN / 08-17-00 Nashville, TN
  • Options
    LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
    Will the Eddie Vedder Chicago poster be signed by both EV and BK?
    "Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    LONGWAVE wrote:

wow...good question. that would be awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    mfc2006 wrote:
    LONGWAVE wrote:

wow...good question. that would be awesome.

this one probably won't be for sale- BK already said no 2004, no Easy Streets. No Dusseldorf.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LONGWAVELONGWAVE Posts: 153
    The EV poster is from 2008... hmm... ??? I wonder!
    "Rock Over London, Rock On Chicago"
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Way overpriced

Now, a week later, the artist has doubled the price.....right??? Did I read this correct?? Now it is $60???

The signed and numbered artist proofs from Brad have always been $60 for the new shows. He's still charging $60 while AMES increased their price to $70.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i'm driving down to san diego today so if anyone weants to pick a hawaii for me, i'll be your best friend! ;):D
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Anyone know what other bands he does posters for? ...the more other bands that I like, the less chance I'll be buying a PJ poster from underneath y'all. :D Anyone know? Hoping for Radiohead, but I don't think he's done any for them.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Anyone know what other bands he does posters for? ...the more other bands that I like, the less chance I'll be buying a PJ poster from underneath y'all. :D Anyone know? Hoping for Radiohead, but I don't think he's done any for them.

no ... no radiohead.

The only other non-PJ poster going on sale today for the first time is Built to Spill.

The rest, you can get when it's not a shit storm on his site.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    jimed14 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

no ... no radiohead.

The only other non-PJ poster going on sale today for the first time is Built to Spill.

Did he list which PJ posters, or is it presumably a little of everything he's ever done, since he mentioned cleaning-house.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    from the email it seemed to be a little of whatever he has. Except 2004.
    CJMST3K wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

no ... no radiohead.

Did he list which PJ posters, or is it presumably a little of everything he's ever done, since he mentioned cleaning-house.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

All he said was "Nothing from 2004, no Easy St. or Dusseldorf posters and possibly a few others, but for the most part there will be a few extra of almost every poster I've done." Aside from that, your guess is as good as ours.

I'd imagine no Honolulu as well, as he's already sold an extra "edition" of that one ... whatever that was all about.

• Options
    Here is the new part of this whole scenario....Once you put a poster in your cart, it will stay in your cart? I wonder how long a poster will stay in your cart? It used to be put poster in cart, check-out, cause it could sell out before you finish shopping.

So, if I put a poster in my cart, can i leave it there for an hour or longer? Cause i know with all the people that will be logging on, the site will crash for people. I want to put whatever poster i need in my cart, leave the site so i don't take up space and give other people a chance, then log on later to purchase.
    Too many shows to list:
    From my first show in Hawaii when they opened for RHCP to upcoming 2016 MSG and Wrigley. Seen them in every continent except Africa and Antarctica.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    digitmckee wrote:
    Here is the new part of this whole scenario....Once you put a poster in your cart, it will stay in your cart? I wonder how long a poster will stay in your cart? It used to be put poster in cart, check-out, cause it could sell out before you finish shopping.

So, if I put a poster in my cart, can i leave it there for an hour or longer? Cause i know with all the people that will be logging on, the site will crash for people. I want to put whatever poster i need in my cart, leave the site so i don't take up space and give other people a chance, then log on later to purchase.

Don't stress over it. Log on at 1. Go like mad to get all the posters you want. Checkout. What you get you are meant to get.

To answer your question, YES!
  • Options
    I suggest everyone READ THE FIRST POST ... many of the questions being asked will be answered there.

• Options
    Way overpriced

Can you blame them??!! As we've seen the poster madness in the past few years go insane on Ebay. And no, not the artists who take the time and energy to make these are making a few bucks off it, poster hoarding conglomerates like ninersfan and others are cashing in like crazy. I'd rather my money go to Brad and Ames Bros than some shithead who is taking advantage of the system.

Just think though, paying $60 for the SLC now is a whole lot better than the guy who paid $150 a week ago on Ebay!
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    Is anyone having trouble getting to the site?
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    it wont be open till the sale at 1pm pst
  • Options
    billyruff wrote:
    I must have missed that part.
  • Options
    billyruff wrote:

You have a much nicer response than what mine would have been to that post!!
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    Way overpriced

Overpriced? That thing's worth its weight in gold. Whatever Brad's selling it for is a steal

Worth its weight in Gold? Just like that South America Poster he sold for $300 back in the day and the 10Club is still selling them for $30? This one still boggles my mind.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally think the SLC is a much nicer print than SA. Some people buy posters based on rarity, others based on personal preference. The SA was a rarity thing. Once it lost its rarity, things changed. Not enough people thought it was aesthetically pleasing. The SLC is a completely different story. People can look at this poster and say WOW. It's timeless. Someone will always want one, which will drive up the value. I buy art based on what it's worth to me. To me, the SLC is worth at least $150 any day of the week.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    billyruff wrote:

You have a much nicer response than what mine would have been to that post!!
    Let's hear it. It says nothing in the email about the site not being available until 1PM.