Options

Kat, Sea, 10C - can there PLEASE be a limit on buying merch?

13»

Comments

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    agree with the OP 1 per person on the show/city specific items like posters and shirts.

that would be great.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    T-shirts were limited to two per person last night.

Thank you 10C!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443

Thank you 10C!

Agreed, thank you for making this happen.
  • Options
    Totally in favor of purchasing limits. Not because I like the idea ... but because SO MANY people are obviously flipping merch. The band itself put a stop to the bootleggers raping fans. Sad to see so many supposed "fans" doing the same thing to us with shirts, posters, etc.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Last night, the event t-shirts were limited to 2 per person per turn in line per stand.

They were also policing the bootlegers outside the venue....they confiscated several bundles of bootlegs.
  • Options

Thank you 10C!

Yes thanks 10C and the OP that suggested it. Hope this stays in effect for all the remaining shows too.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    I was next to someone at the merch booth last night who wanted five posters. They gave it to him.
    I'll wait for an angel, but won't hold my breath
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Thank you 10C for helping with this!
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    they are printing posters like the fed is printing dollars. No need to fret there. Plenty to go around this tour for sure.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    I was next to someone at the merch booth last night who wanted five posters. They gave it to him.

F that. should be 1 per person.
  • Options
    LaddieLaddie Posts: 301

Thank you 10C!

As ninersfan, this news is very upsetting to me.

just kidding! not really THE ninersfan!
  • Options
    Dirty MosquitoDirty Mosquito Chicago Posts: 621
    Agreed! I think this is ridiculous that people do this! Now at times I have been at shows and didn't have the money to buy an item, now I am not so much against people selling a shirt on Ebay from a show at a decent price, ie face value since it allows people like me that didn't have money at the time to get the shirt from a show I saw and enjoyed, but when people buy mass quantities and sell them for hundreds of dollars to make a profit, that is just wrong IMO.
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Obama should create a "Merch Czar"

:think:
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Great news - thanks powers that be.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Yeah... do that.
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,918
    2 per person is great. Another cure for the problem would be to sell all of them in the goods section. If I could go to the goods section and pay $20-$30 or so, why would I go to Ebay and hassle with that. In fact, selling them on the goods section would drive the prices on E-Bay way down and these people would be selling at a loss.

I'm sure someone is going to flog me saying that 10c will be stuck with extra merch they can't sell. I'd say, do it pre-order style, like the bootleg CD's. Take a bunch of orders, print them off. Possibly consider offering this T shirt sale to 10c members only. Consider still limiting it to 2 per person.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    My suggestion quite some time back was that when you order tickets for a show you have the option to buy the poster and shirt as a package. I don't begrudge flippers really because it is the people who want the items that drive the market so 10C needs to make adjustments. I saw a guy buy 8 posters at the ACL taping. In this economy that to me is just smart because there were no limits and clearly they were worth more than what he paid. It also does not help that now there are 2 different posters for shows with the Ames tables. That seemed like a money-grab to me. All this limited stuff creates a frenzy mentality.
    Touring Fan since 1996