Ask the Next Poster a Question...

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    No.

Cereal or Pizza for dinner?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Well, if you're leaving it up to me it would be pizza all the time. I don't even like cereal.

Do you think that aliens have visited the earth?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I have no idea. It would depend on how "alien" is defined, but for this question I'll assume intelligent advanced living beings from a distant planet. I mean it wouldn't surprise me. And frankly even if they haven't yet I'd expect it to happen eventually. But I mean if you start to consider aliens in terms of the potential existence of lifeforms comprised entirely of energy or some substance unknowable to modern humans - it would certainly seem less "crazy" than little green men, no?

Should I stay out of this thread after philosophy class? (hint: yes)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    No, no - all post-philosophizing answers are welcome.

A little twist - do you hope that aliens will visit earth, or not?
  • I am hoping and waiting for that day to come (not to be confused with I have faith that aliens exist)

When you order at the drive-thru do you talk like yourself?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    yes

do you have a 'phone voice'?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I think we all have a phone voice.

Do you like text messages or a phone voice?
    whose phone voice am I talking to? I will only put up with a select few...

Have you ever tried to eat an entire pack of gum (16 pieces) all at once?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Not sure if you mean all of them in your mouth at the same time, or sequentially, but the answer would be "no" to either option. I don't even like gum.

Do you spend a lot of time thinking about "what ifs"?
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Yes. I do it at work all day. Its what makes me good at my job over others.

Are you a planner of everything or a 'take it as it comes' type of person?
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    Obsessive planner! Also hate when things change and mess my plans up

Do you think you tend to be too quick to share personal information when you meet someone new?
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I'm a pretty good judge of character and I only share when I feel like there is a real connection of kindred spirits....friendship.....otherwise, mums the word....

Are you a good judge of character?
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    PJSiren said:

I'm a pretty good judge of character and I only share when I feel like there is a real connection of kindred spirits....friendship.....otherwise, mums the word....

Are you a good judge of character?

I don't think so. I persist in believing the best of people even when they do nothing to earn my naive faith in their inherent goodness

Do you trust the judgement of others or do you always judge people on how they treat you or your own personal knowledge of them?
    I trust the judgement of others to a certain extent....but I also base it off my own interactions with each individual....like you can be sweet as pie to my friend, and a total bitch to me....so I tend to guage things both ways....you know....

Do you have a good sense of self?
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Yes. I know who I am and made peace with my quirks and limitations. It was the greatest thing that came with age.

Do you relate to most people when you meet them?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I think on some level I'm good at relating to most people yes...we may not become best friends, but we can understand each other....

What do you like to do when you're sick?
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    True. I can find common ground with many different people with varying interests and backgrounds

Do you like to learn about different traditions and cultures?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    PJSiren said:

What do you like to do when you're sick?

Lay in bed and watch a marathon of mindless television, while occasionally sleeping.

Do you like to learn about different traditions and cultures?

Yes! I love to expand my understanding of this incredible world we live in.

Where would you like to visit that you haven't yet?
    ELITIST FUK
    Vienna. It's supposed to be beautiful and I've always wanted to go. At this point, I plan to go next spring.

Do you plan far ahead so you have lots to look forward to?
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Not too far. Like 3 to 6 months. Mostly shows and road trips. It's important to have something to look forward to and not too far away.

What do you have planned for yourself in the near future (or not so near)?
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Planning a trip to the NC mountains for the 4th of July.

Do you workout at a gym?
    Well, I'm going to New York for the first time this weekend - pretty near!

Do you have a trip booked?
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

Planning a trip to the NC mountains for the 4th of July.

Do you workout at a gym?

No. I don't workout at all.

Well, I'm going to New York for the first time this weekend - pretty near!

Do you have a trip booked?

Two. Early Sept. to Seattle. Late Sept. up to your neck of the woods, Vancouver, BC.

Where's somewhere tropical you'd like to visit?
    Somewhere in the Caribbean.

(and have fun in Vancouver, Hobbes!)

Have you ever been to Russia?
    No and with what it happening right now (really, nuke threats) I have no intention of ever going.

Are concert prices getting insane to others than just me? We just got an amazing 3 day festival scheduled for Halloween weekend that is $279 for the three days. Day 1 Santana is headlining, day 2 is Tool and Primus as the headliners. Day 3 is Linkin Park, Rob Zombie and Deftones as the main bands.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Yes, can't stand concert prices. Like at the Gorge, going to see Foos, there is camping, but I think they require you to camp 2 nights, (they did for Petty) which is insane because camping 2 nights costs as much as a hotel room for one night.

Hobbes needs to swing by to say 'hi' when he's up here.

Are you a hotel snob or do you just care if it's clean enough to sleep there?

- Christopher McCandless
    It depends. If I am not going to be in the room except to sleep I'm not picky with the cleanliness the main thing I want. If I am going somewhere good and forking out more money I can get snobby.

Have you ever checked out of a hotel early due to their general suckiness?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    Yes. I once left a hotel in Vancouver without even staying the night. When we got up to the room it looked terrible, the bed was uncomfortable, they hadn't provided any cooking utensils even though it was a suite with a kitchen, and it was horribly noisy as it was right beside a hospital - sirens galore! We took a look around, called a few other hotels and found one with availability, walked back down to the desk and told them we were leaving and why, and that they had better not charge us anything, and off we went. )We ended up finding a great hotel, by the way.)

Can you deal with situations of conflict without losing your cool?
    Most of the time yes. IIf I'm being outright disrespected, watch the fuck out!

Do you like to play carnival midway games?

- Christopher McCandless
    No, I only go for the mini donuts.

Do you like to go on carnival rides or are you of the vomiting persuasion?